|Requires access to : The Vale of Twilight|
|Takes place in:||Sewer Ambuscade|
|Bestowed by:||Trull Knopper|
|NPC contact:||Trull Knopper|
|Quest acquired in:||Meridia|
|Free to Play:||No|
Arraetrikos has sent Garko, one of his lieutenants, to infiltrate the sewers of Stormreach. However, members of the Twelve have learned of the lieutenant's plan and have laid a trap for him.
Travel to the Sewer Ambuscade beneath Stromreach and help the Twelve stop Garko.
- Speak to Leth, Emassary of the Twelve
- Defeat Garko the Great, Lieutenant of Arraetrikos
- Enter the Upper Sewer Complex
- Locate the entrance to the lower sewer complex
- Discover the location of the first sigil
- Empower the Sigil by activating three runes
- Wait until Garko strikes the first sigil to proceed
- Locate 2nd Sigil
- Defeat Horned Devil and activate rune
- Empower the sigil by activating the rune and lowering the drawbridge
- Enter the underwater passage
- Discover the end of the underwater passage.
- Wait until Garko strikes the second sigil to proceed
- Locate the third sigil
- Wait until Garko strikes the second sigil to proceed
- Locate Garko the Great
What to Expect
- Instant-death mechanics
- Overlapping map areas
- Lot of oozes
- Doors that require all mobs dead before opening (Ooze fragments don't have to die to open door)
- Pipe jumping / pillar jumping
- Point of no return
Trap and Lock DCs
8 Traps: blades, ice, fire and poison
Tips and Misc
- There are a couple ways to 100% die in this quest. Stay alert.
- Don't let the red gelatinous cube touch you, or you die. No saving throw allowed.
- There are some alcoves (some secret) that seem safe - they are, however you must squeeze as far away as possible from any hallway where the ooze is traveling, including through side-walls!
Open first door, talk to Leth, then buff up. Open door, wait for Garko to lower spike barrier. Don't jump down or you die (highly poisonous environment at the moment). Proceed north. Kill kobolds and oozes, mind the traps. Reach shrine, then drop down and run south.
- When a rune is lit a "sigil" is activated, and when Garko oozes over that, two things happen: 1) Garko, along with the cube Death Touch, is teleported ahead past the next barrier (so your current area is "safe", and only the next will be dangerous), and 2) the lever for the barrier to that next area is unlocked. There are 3 runes to light, 3 barriers to get through...
The way east is blocked by a barrier, so go west.
- First rune: northwest room - Pipe jumping section, activate 3 runes until objective changes.
- There is a lever (not shown on map) high in the center of the room, that starts an airjet from the pipes below. It's not necessary for completion, but it can help.
- Latecomers can jump down at this point and be safe from the earlier poison, but may still have some fighting to do, and possibly a red gelatinous cube to avoid, depending whether the main party has completed the second rune or not. Landing in the water and swimming to the western landing is a safe way to wait.
- Second rune: Continue west and south from the pipe room. Go to the west first, just under the quest entrance (now less poisonous). Kill the horned devil. Loot chest, pull lever (rune), shrine if needed. Return to water, dive (east) to enter a pillar jumping section. Jump across and pull lever (rune).
- If you kite him out of the hallway (into the main room), the Horned Devil will white-dot and return to his starting point at full health.
- Bug: Be careful with the timing of lowering the drawbridge. Make sure garko is not at the beginning of the drawbridge when you lower it, or he may become stuck.
- This is the only barrier with a lever to lower it on both sides.
- Third rune: Go south across the drawbridge.* Solve puzzle (in large eastern room).
- * The trap box is not as shown on map, it is on the west wall at the north end of that tunnel, before the water slides down.
- While solving puzzle, you can squeeze back against the barrier and be safe from Death Touch.
- Note that unlike the previous 2 barriers, this one has no lever on the far side, creating a soft Point of No Return. The only way to get back (without releasing) is either Dimension Door, or to leave a character, hireling or pet on the far side to pull the lever from there. There are no shrines forward of this point.
Continue north (not over the drawbridge, although there is a collectable there), killing more ooze and kobolds. Then kill Garko along with some oozes and kobolds.
- Garko starts alone, but he will summon help.
- Garko cannot be kited out of the room, he will whitedot to his spawn location. Summoned trash can be kited and killed outside.
- Killing Garko completes the quest; all trash disappears at that point.
- The air jets on the raised platforms in the boss room cannot be disarmed.
- Aggression bonus: 123 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: ~173 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 228 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 4 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 7 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Observance bonus: 1 or more secret door discovered +8% Bonus.
- Perception bonus: 2 or more secret doors discovered +10% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 32 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 41 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 51 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 2
- NPC rewards:
Named Chest Drop
- Arraetrikos' Bane (level 15) - (Ring): , , , Quality Disease Ward +1,
- Boots of the Devil Commander - (Boots): , , , ,
- Construct's Mantle - (Cloak): , , , ,
- Pendant of the Warrior's Focus - (Necklace): , , , ,
- Subtle Sound - (Trinket): Insightful Deception (+3/+4), , Insightful Assassinate +1, ,
- Arraetrikos' Bane (level 29) - (Ring): , , , Quality Disease Ward +2,
- Legendary Boots of the Devil Commander - (Boots): , , , ,
- Legendary Construct's Mantle - (Cloak): , , , ,
- Legendary Pendant of the Warrior's Focus - (Necklace): , , , ,
- Legendary Subtle Sound - (Trinket): Insightful Deception (+5/+8), , Insightful Assassinate +2, ,
- Codex Runes, 3-7 on LH difficulty
- LGS materials, small and medium
|Horned Devil Invader (view)||Evil Outsider||Devil|
|Fiendish Kobold Shaman (NoPic)||Reptilian||Kobold|
|Fiendish Kobold Slinger (NoPic)||Reptilian||Kobold|
|Fiendish Kobold (NoPic)||Reptilian||Kobold|
|Large Black Pudding Fragment (view)||Ooze||Black Pudding|
|Large Black Pudding (view)||Ooze||Black Pudding|
|Large Unstable Arcane Ooze (view)||Ooze||Arcane Ooze|