|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
Augment Slot is a gem socket on certain named or random items. By adding an augment into a slot, your item gains an additional effect, as long as the augment is slotted. This crafting system introduced in Update 17 replaced the two older augment systems - Epic Augments, and Guild Augments (both older systems can still be used on legacy items that no longer drop in game).
 Augment Slot
 Color types
Augment Slots appear in one of seven different colors:
|Red Augment||Blue Augment||Yellow Augment||Colorless Augment||Found in:|
|Colorless Augment Slot||✘||✘||✘||✔||any type of item|
|Red Augment Slot||✔||✘||✘||✔||Weapons, Shields, or other hand-held items|
|Blue Augment Slot||✘||✔||✘||✔||Armor, Robes, Outfits, Shields, or other off-hand items|
|Yellow Augment Slot||✘||✘||✔||✔||Accessory items (Ring, Neck, Boots, Belt, Gloves, Eyewear, Helmet, Bracers, Cloak, Trinket)|
|Purple Augment Slot||✔||✔||✘||✔||named Weapons, Shields, or other hand-held items|
|Orange Augment Slot||✔||✘||✔||✔||named Weapons, Shields, or other hand-held items|
|Green Augment Slot||✘||✔||✔||✔||named Armor, Robes, Outfits, or Accessory items|
 Random treasure
5% of generated items have an Augment Slot. When found on a lootgen (random) item, the augment slot replaces some of the enhancement value/base price modifier that the item would have had otherwise, such as Enhancement Bonus, prefix, or suffix.
- Colorless Augment Slots take +1 of the item’s total enhancement value.
- Red, Blue, and Yellow Augment Slots take +2 of the item’s total enhancement value.
- Purple, Orange, and Green Augment Slots cannot be found on random treasure. They are found on named treasure only.
 Named items
Augment slots have been added to many of new/upgraded named items, see Update 17 named items for details.
 Compatibility with Cannith Crafting
Augments and Augment Slots are compatible with Cannith Crafting. Augment Slots and slotted augments persist through disjunction.
When on a Craftable item,
- a Colorless Augment Slot adds +1 to the item’s total enhancement value.
- Red, Blue and Yellow slots add +2 to the item’s total enhancement value. For example, a Greater Spell Focus (+6 effect) shield of Superior Stability (+6 effect) with a Red slot (+2 effect) requires at least +14 potential.
- a Purple, Orange, and Green Augment Slot (if at some point they are available on an item which can be made Craftable) would add +3 to the item’s total enhancement value.
Augments are the new kind of miscellaneous items, they will do what previous Augment Crystals did.
- Augments are unbound and can be found in treasure chests (need source and verification on this info):
- Level 1-7 chests have a 5% chance per player of containing an augment gem.
- Level 8-16 chests have a 2% chance per player of containing an augment gem.
- Level 17-25 chests have a 1% chance per player of containing an augment gem.
- Lahar the Epic Trader in the Twelve sells some augments. Their costs in Epic Dungeon and Epic Raid tokens are lower than their previous costs.
- Level 12, 16, 20, and 24 Augments will be found in the Ruins of Gianthold in exchange for Ancient Elven, Giant, and Dragon relics, and the restored versions thereof. Level 24 augments cost additionally Commendations of Heroism.
- Update 17 also introduces the first three “Named” Augments, which drop in specific locations inside certain quests. Named Augments can do special and wondrous things. See the list of Named Augments here.
- Update 17 Patch 1 changes Collectable turn-ins to provide level 1, 4, and 8 Augments for collectables or Astral Shards.
To use an Augment, double-click on it from your inventory. Then, a barter-shop style window specific to that augment will appear on screen.
Place the item you want to augment (which needs to have an appropriate slot), select the slot to place the augment in, and hit the “Augment!” button. (You need to select the recipe even if there’s only one slot available.), then your item gains that Augment's effect.
At any point, you can replace the augment you have slotted by placing a new one in the same slot. This way however, new augments overwrite old augments, and you don’t get the old augment back. Alternatively, you can use Jeweler's Tool Kit (DDO Store only or a VERY rare grab in Daily Dice) to unslot an augment and claim old augment back. It is also possible to take augment off from pre-slotted named items using it. 
Every augment has an associated level requirement to use it. The common (non-named) augments move up in increments of 4 levels at a time: 4, 8, 12, 16, 20, and 24. Slotting any augment also increases the slotted item’s minimum level to the level of the slotted augment for as long as that augment is slotted, unless the item’s minimum level is already equal or higher.
 Available Augments
The below listed Augments are implemented with the introduction of the Augment system.
Please note the following:
- Most augment bonuses, unless otherwise specified, are an Enhancement Bonus.
- Spell Power Augments are an Equipment Bonus.
- Named Augments are not on the list below; see this list.
New Augments will continue to be added in future updates. For example: Colorless augments that provide bonuses to Skills (Enhancement or Competence?) are currently planned as a future update to this system.
Also, some of these are chest drop only and not purchasable at vendors in game. See the full list of purchasable ones and proper name of the Augments here.
|Minimum Level||Colorless Augments
Diamond of x
Ruby of x
Sapphire of x
Topaz of x
- Elemental Damage - Fire, Cold, Acid or Electric. Like augments stack 
- Elemental Resistance - Fire, Cold, Acid, Electric or Sonic
- Spell Power - Fire, Cold, Acid, Electric, Sonic, Force/Untyped, Light/Alignment, Negative, Positive/Healing or Repair/Rust
- (Greater) Spell Focus - Evocation, Illusion, Necromancy, Abjuration, Enchantment, Transmutation or Conjuration
 Compatibility with old systems
 Old Epic Augments
The old Epic Augment Crystals will no longer be available after Update 17, and they do not function in the new slots. Existing items won't lose any of their effects, so you aren't forced to update old Epic items. However, if you decide to do any more modification with your current item, you will need to do the following "Cleansing Ritual" to update your item.
To convert an old Epic item to use the new slots, place the item you would like to convert into the Altar of Epic Rituals along with 50 Siberys Dragonshard Fragments. This converts the augment slots on the item to the new system. They retain their colors and can accept the new augments, but can no longer use Epic Augment Crystals from before Update 17. This process will remove all currently slotted Epic Augments in the item, and may also remove other modifications, such as Stone of Change recipes. Players get no refund over this.
(all considered ML20)
(mainly listing ML20+ for comparison)
|Stats||+6 and +1 Exceptional||+7/+2 Insight added at ML24||Colorless|
|Damage Flag||5 material types, 4 alignment types||Crystal removed, ML reduced||Red|
|Enhancement Bonus upgrade||+7||Removed||Red/Blue→none|
|Devil Assault specific Damage Flag||8 types, 100 hour expiration||Temporarily disabled, TBA||Red→none|
|Natural Armor Bonus||+4||+6 at ML 20, +7 at ML24||Blue|
|Armor Max Dex Bonus||Greater Nimbleness(+2)||
lost ACP reduction? forum post
|ASF reduction||-15%||no change, -5/10% added||Blue|
|Toughness||20 additional HP||Returned U18
Name changed to Vitality
|Good Luck||+2||no change, +1 added at ML12||Blue|
|Fortification||Heavy (+100%)||ML reduced to 8||Blue|
|Resistance Save||+4||+6 at ML 20, +7 at ML24||Yellow→Blue|
|Protection||+4||+6 at ML 20, +7 at ML24||Yellow→Blue|
|False Life||Greater (+30)||+35 added at ML24||Yellow→Blue|
|Wizardry||VI (+150)||+200 added at ML24||Yellow|
|Spell Focus||+1 for each school||ML reduced to 16, +2 added at ML24||Yellow|
|Blindness/Fear Immunity||ML reduced to 8||Yellow|
|Proof Against Disease/Poison||+6||+10 at ML20||Yellow|
|Underwater Action/Feather Falling||ML reduced to 4||Yellow|
|Elemental Damage||Didn't exist||added up to +1d10||Red|
|Spell Power||Didn't exist||added up to +114||Red|
|PRR||Didn't exist||added up to +14||Blue|
|Elemental Resistance||Didn't exist||added up to +35||Yellow|
|Striding||Didn't exist||added up to +30%||Yellow|
|Deathblock||Didn't exist||added at ML12||Yellow|
Also, as you can see, some of the above change creates "pre-patch legacy items" such as GFL slotted Yellow Slot items and Toughness slotted Blue Slot items. These kind of items will never be available again, much like old version Ascension Chamber loot, ML8 Green Steel items, Epic Seal of the Earth with Acid lore, Epic Brawn's Spirits with enhancement intimidate +5 and so on.
 Old Guild Augments
Existing guild augment slots and the guild augment vendors will remain, but new items won’t have guild augment slots after Update 17.