Welcome to the game!
- Need help to start your character? In addition to the class and race newbie guide and the specific page for each class and race, there are starting guides for each class. Make sure to check them out!
- Create a proper build for your class: Builds for new players.
- If you know about the Pen-and-Paper version of D&D, you may want to check this list of differences between DDO and PnP.
- Looking for general information about D&D Edition 3 or 3.5 and the d20 system? Although it does not always apply to DDO, the d20 System Reference Document can be very helpful.
- Looking for a list of tips displayed on the game's loading screen? Check out loading screen tips.
- No clue what you are supposed to do next in the starter area? Take a look at The Salvation of Korthos flagging guide and quest section of the Wiki.
- No clue what collectables are worth keeping? Take a look at our collectable list with associated rewards.
- Even in Korthos, it helps to find and join a party. To find and join the right party effortlessly, use the Social panel.
 Official Resources
 DDO official game guide
- Although this may not be 100% up-to-date, a PDF format game manual is available.
 DDO official forums
Make sure to visit the official newbie forum. There are plenty of helpful players and lots of advice on hand - be sure to check the stickied threads at the top of the forum!
 DDO Compendium
Here is some more information about the: DDO Compendium
 DDOwiki newbie guides category
Here are some other less crunchy articles created or archived by DDOwiki contributors.
- Newbie guide
- Starting a class guides
- Fighting in groups
- How to Hit Things
- I would like to create a Mage. Should I pick a Wizard or a Sorcerer?
- New Player FAQs
- Newbie guide/Classes and races
- Revised Paths
- Stormreach Chronicle - The Academy: Armor Class
- Stormreach Chronicle - The Academy: Damage Reduction
- What should I bring to a raid?
 Aranticus' guides
 How I Build My Toons
- How I Build My Toons
- Basic Role Description
- How Do I Pick A Race
- How Do I Spend Skill Points
- What Ability Scores Do I Set
- Which Class Do I Choose
- Which Feats Do I Take
 Syndeo's guides
- Syndeo's Guide to Being a Respected Rogue
- Syndeo's Guide to Being a Revered Ranger
- Syndeo's Guide to Being an Effective Cleric