Charisma measures a player character's force of personality, persuasiveness, personal magnetism, ability to lead, and physical attractiveness. This ability represents actual strength of personality, not merely how one is perceived by others in a social setting. Charisma is most important for bards, paladins, sorcerers, and warlocks. It is also important for clerics, since it affects their ability to turn undead. Every creature has a Charisma score.
You apply your character's Charisma modifier to:
- Bluff, Diplomacy, Haggle, Intimidate, Perform, and Use Magic Device checks. These are the skills that have Charisma as their key ability.
- Checks that represent attempts to influence others.
- Turning checks for clerics and paladins attempting to turn zombies, vampires, and other undead.
- Healing capacity of Lay on Hands.
- Increasing the saving throws of a level 2 (or higher) paladin via Divine Grace.
Bards, favored souls, sorcerers, and warlocks get bonus spell points based on their Charisma scores. The minimum Charisma score needed to cast a bard, sorcerer, or warlock spell is 10 + the spell's level.