Defiler of the Just
Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
Harrow Castle has changed hands many times during the ceaseless war between fiends and celestials. Now the Archons have launched a major offensive to wrest control of the castle away from the Devils.
|Requires access to : Trials of the Archons|
|Defiler of the Just|
|Takes place in:||Harrow Castle|
|Quest acquired in:||Amrath|
|Free to Play:||No|
The Archons have tried to take Harrow Castle from the Devils, but their attack has stalled. Gather allies, travel to the castle, and reclaim the fortress for the forces of Good.
- Gather the party at the inner fortress gates.
- Fight back the Devil reinforcements
- Rescue the fallen Archons
- (Failure) Do not let fallen Archons be defeated (5).
- (Failure) Limit the Devil reinforcements (12).
- Defeat the Corrupted Archon
What to Expect
- Instakill mechanic
- Lag (particularly on higher difficulties)
- Teamwork, possible group split and task assignment
- Timed objective
- Shavarath Whirling Blades: see below for the amount of damage
Tips and Misc
Phase one - warming up
- Kill the welcome party.
- Kill the ballista team.
- Survive the ambush:
- Everyone must be directly in front of the gate and be alive to trigger the ambush.
- The blades hit for over 800 points of damage per tick on normal, 1,000 per tick on hard, elite not yet tested.
- Once the ambush triggers, the raid is locked.
- There are multiple safe spots from the blades, including:
- When entering the room, facing pillar, notice that there are three blades going left and right, then pillar. The safe zone is between the second and the third set of blades.
- Corner left from gate (north east)
Phase two - protect the fallen Archons while keeping the number of devils low. There are two main objectives here:
- Periodically (every 90 seconds), Archons fall from sky. Kill a pair of Abishai Executioners that spawn nearby within allotted time (75 seconds) to protect the fallen Archons and allow them to beam back up. There will be a pair per fallen Archon. 2-3 Archons can drop at a time. Being directly under an Archon when it hits the ground can potentially instakill you. Every Archon that you fail to save will fight against you in the next phase as an Erinyes Minion. You can tell where the Archons fall by mouselooking up at the skyline--a pillar of light will mark their location. Executioners may not spawn exactly beside the Archons due to obstructions (especially if the Archons spawn in the middle part), so it may be necessary to search the area. Archons that fall in the center can have their Executioners spawn on the central platform, or at ground level due east or west of the platform. Once an Archon floats up from its prone position, its associated executioners have been killed. If the Archon isn't flapping its wings, keep searching.
- Since Update 27 Patch 1, Abishai leash back to their spawn points if kited away. Fight near spawn points (on ramps to avoid blades).
- Periodically (every 90 seconds), devil reinforcements (Devil Commanders, Pit Fiend Commanders) spawn from portals in the north and south. Kill them. Rather than drag the reinforcements through the groups killing Executioners, don't pass through the towers to get to the fallen Archons, go around the north or south towers, then run up the side ramp to the tower to check for reinforcements. If none are where you are, they're in the other tower. The number of reinforcements spawned per wave was reduced from 5 to 4 in Update 31 Hotfix.
- The end of this phase is marked by the following sequence of events: a double spawn of reinforcements (8, reduced from 10 in Update 31 Hotfix), the final Archon spawn, another double spawn of reinforcements, then a final single spawn of reinforcements (which can be in either the north or south).
Phase two ends with ~145 kills on Normal.
Phase three - end fight
- (Optionally) Kill worm. Some parties prefer to kill it during the 10-15 seconds before Eudoxia activates. Some let a ranged attacker grab aggro and ignore it.
- Avoid its insta-death breath, shown as green mark on the ground.
- Kill the purple named boss Eudoxia.
- 35 seconds after becoming active, Eudoxia starts casting Meteoric Barrage. Ideally kill her before that...
- Meteoric Barrage is a massive fire damage that covers most of the room (2,500-3,000 damage on Normal, up to 4k on Hard). Eudoxia casts it every 45 seconds. How to live:
- Spread out: ranged characters should spread out to so there's a bigger chance of someone staying alive and resurrecting others.
- Get the hell out: Watch out for the 3BC type airship targeting symbols on the ground. However, you won't have much time to leave and people report dying even well outside of the designated area.
- Evade it: Have evasion and reflex save around 70
- Power through: MRR, Fire absorption item, Fire Shield or Energy Sheath, heavy/tower shield
- Divine Intervention. You'll need to heal yourself quickly but since the Meteoric Barrage is a single damaging event Divine Intervention will allow you to live through it.
- Top of a big rock in the east of the room might be safe against some threats.
- There is a stuck spot next to the fire pit cauldron thing so don't go near it. If you go near it and have to
/stuckout, you will likely be placed on the outside of the second lockout point.
- with additional screen shots, tips, and details
- Chests: 1 end chest all difficulty. Hard and Elite has higher chance of dropping Quality bonus attached version of the loot.
- NPC rewards: Standard, 20th completion includes all named items, none of these have Quality bonus attached to it.
Named Chest Drop
All items are ML 28 and .
- Belt of Braided Beards (Belt): — 3 Charges (Recharged/Day:3), , , , , , ,
- Boots of Blessed Travels (Boots): , , , , , ,
- Countenance (Cloak): , , , , ,
- Dissolution (Bracers): , , , , ,
- Fellblade (Longsword 5.50[1d8], 18-20/x2): , , , , , , ,
- Gauntlets of the Arcane Soldier (Gloves): , , , , ,
- Many-Hooked Greaves (Boots): , , , , ,
- Memoriam (Trinket): , , , , ,
- Resonation (Necklace): , , , , ,
- Sightless (Helmet): , , , , , , ,
- Strange Tidings (Ring): , , , , ,
- Ultimatum (Tower Shield): , , , , , , ,
- Visions of Precision (Goggles): , , , , ,
|Abishai Executioner (NoPic)||Evil Outsider||Abishai|
|Abishai Souleater (NoPic)||Evil Outsider||Abishai|
|Devil Commander (NoPic)||Evil Outsider||Devil|
|Erinyes Minion (NoPic)||Evil Outsider||Devil|
|Pit Fiend Commander (NoPic)||Evil Outsider||Devil|
|Bearded Devil Captain (NoPic)||Evil Outsider||Devil|
|Fortress Hound (NoPic)||Evil Outsider||Hellhound|
|Orthon Guardsman (NoPic)||Evil Outsider||Devil|
|Dervinyre (view)||Magical Beast||Purple Worm|
|Eudoxia (NoPic)||Evil Outsider||Devil|
|Whirling Blades (Shavarath version) (view)||Unknown||Unknown|