Harrow Castle has changed hands many times during the ceaseless war between fiends and celestials. Now the Archons have launched a major offensive to wrest control of the castle away from the Devils.
The Archons have tried to take Harrow Castle from the Devils, but their attack has stalled. Gather allies, travel to the castle, and reclaim the fortress for the forces of Good.
Complete Demon Assault, The Archons' Trial, and The Devil's Details then get The Celestial Alliance quest flag to enter this raid. You can flag on heroic difficulty, but the raid is epic only.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Gather the party at the inner fortress gates.
- Fight back the Devil reinforcements
- Rescue the fallen Archons
- (Failure) Do not let fallen Archons be defeated (5).
- (Failure) Limit the Devil reinforcements (12).
- Defeat the Corrupted Archon
What to Expect
- Instakill mechanic
- Lag (particularly on higher difficulties)
- Teamwork, possible group split and task assignment
- Timed objective
Tips and Misc
Phase one - warming up
- Kill the welcome party.
- Kill the ballista team.
- Survive the ambush:
- Everyone must be directly in front of the gate and be alive to trigger the ambush.
- The blades hit for over 800 points of damage per tick on normal, 1,000 per tick on hard, elite not yet tested.
- Once the ambush triggers, the raid is locked.
- There are multiple safe spots from the blades, including:
- When entering the room, facing pillar, notice that there are three blades going left and right, then pillar. The safe zone is between the second and the third set of blades.
- Corner left from gate (north east)
Phase two - protect the fallen Archons while keeping the number of devils low. There are two main objectives here:
- Periodically (every 90 seconds), Archons fall from sky. Kill a pair of Abishai Executioners that spawn nearby within allotted time (75 seconds) to protect the fallen Archons and allow them to beam back up. There will be a pair per fallen Archon. 2-3 Archons can drop at a time. Being directly under an Archon when it hits the ground can potentially instakill you. Every Archon that you fail to save will fight against you in the next phase as an Erinyes Minion. You can tell where the Archons fall by mouselooking up at the skyline--a pillar of light will mark their location. Executioners may not spawn exactly beside the Archons due to obstructions (especially if the Archons spawn in the middle part), so it may be necessary to search the area. Archons that fall in the center can have their Executioners spawn on the central platform, or at ground level due east or west of the platform. Once an Archon floats up from its prone position, its associated executioners have been killed. If the Archon isn't flapping its wings, keep searching.
- Since Update 27 Patch 1, Abishai leash back to their spawn points if kited away. Fight near spawn points (on ramps to avoid blades).
- Periodically (every 90 seconds), devil reinforcements (Devil Commanders, Pit Fiend Commanders) spawn from portals in the north and south. Kill them. Rather than drag the reinforcements through the groups killing Executioners, don't pass through the towers to get to the fallen Archons, go around the north or south towers, then run up the side ramp to the tower to check for reinforcements. If none are where you are, they're in the other tower. The number of reinforcements spawned per wave was reduced from 5 to 4 in Update 31 Hotfix.
- The end of this phase is marked by the following sequence of events: a double spawn of reinforcements (8, reduced from 10 in Update 31 Hotfix), the final Archon spawn, another double spawn of reinforcements, then a final single spawn of reinforcements (which can be in either the north or south).
Phase two ends with ~145 kills on Normal.
Phase three - end fight
- (Optionally) Kill worm. Some parties prefer to kill it during the 10-15 seconds before Eudoxia activates. Some let a ranged attacker grab aggro and ignore it.
- Avoid its insta-death breath, shown as green mark on the ground.
- Kill the purple named boss Eudoxia.
- 35 seconds after becoming active, Eudoxia starts casting Meteoric Barrage. Ideally kill her before that...
- Meteoric Barrage is a massive fire damage that covers most of the room (2,500-3,000 damage on Normal, up to 4k on Hard). Eudoxia casts it every 45 seconds. How to live:
- Spread out: ranged characters should spread out to so there's a bigger chance of someone staying alive and resurrecting others.
- Get the hell out: Watch out for the 3BC type airship targeting symbols on the ground. However, you won't have much time to leave and people report dying even well outside of the designated area.
- Evade it: Have evasion and reflex save around 70
- Power through: MRR, Fire absorption item, Fire Shield or Energy Sheath, heavy/tower shield
- Divine Intervention. You'll need to heal yourself quickly but since the Meteoric Barrage is a single damaging event Divine Intervention will allow you to live through it.
- Top of a big rock in the east of the room might be safe against some threats.
- There is a stuck spot next to the fire pit cauldron thing so don't go near it. If you go near it and have to
/stuck out, you will likely be placed on the outside of the second lockout point.
- Guide with additional screen shots, tips, and details
- Chests: 1 end chest all difficulty. Hard and Elite has higher chance of dropping Quality bonus attached version of the loot.
- NPC rewards: Standard, 20th completion includes all named items, none of these have Quality bonus attached to it.
Named Chest Drop
All items are ML 28 and Bound to Character on AcquireBound to Character on Acquire: This item is Bound to Character on Acquire.
- Belt of Braided Beards (Belt): TeleportTeleport
Caster level: 1
Charges: 3 (3/day) — 3 Charges (Recharged/Day:3), Intelligence +12 Intelligence +12: This item focuses the power of the wearer's mind, granting a +12 enhancement bonus to Intelligence., Spell Resistance +35 Spell Resistance +35: +35 Enhancement bonus to Spell Resistance., Lesser DisplacementLesser Displacement: Equipping this item causes light to distort around you. Attacks from enemies have a 25% chance to miss you due to concealment., Acid Resistance +40Acid Resistance +40: Passive: +40 Enhancement bonus to your Acid Resistance., Cold Resistance +40Cold Resistance +40: Passive: +40 Enhancement bonus to your Cold Resistance., Blue Augment SlotBlue AugmentsColorless Augments, Green Augment SlotBlue AugmentsYellow AugmentsColorless Augments
- Boots of Blessed Travels (Boots): Dodge +12% Dodge +12%: +12% Enhancement bonus to Dodge., Quality Armor Mastery +2Quality Armor Mastery +2: Passive: +2 Quality bonus to the Max Dex Bonus of your equipped light, medium, or heavy armor. This benefit does not apply to the Max Dex Bonus of a Tower Shield., Speed XVSpeed XV: Passive: +30% enhancement bonus to movement speed, +15 enhancement bonus to melee and ranged attack speed., Freedom of MovementFreedom of Movement: This item grants its wearer the ability to move and attack normally while under the influence of magic that impedes movement, such as paralysis, solid fog, slow and web., Insightful Reflex Save +3Insightful Reflex Save +3: This item gives a +3 Insight bonus to your Reflex saves., Green Augment SlotBlue AugmentsYellow AugmentsColorless Augments, Yellow Augment SlotYellow AugmentsColorless Augments
- Countenance (Cloak): Charisma +12 Charisma +12: This item makes the wearer have more flair, granting a +12 enhancement bonus to Charisma., Evocation Focus VEvocation Focus V: Passive: +5 equipment bonus to the DC to resist your Evocation spells., Radiance Lore XRadiance Lore X: Passive: Your Light and Aligned spells gain a 20% Equipment bonus to their chance to critical hit., Spell Penetration VI Spell Penetration VI: Passive: +6 Equipment bonus to Spell Penetration checks., Yellow Augment SlotYellow AugmentsColorless Augments, Green Augment SlotBlue AugmentsYellow AugmentsColorless Augments
- Dissolution (Bracers): Corrosion +156Corrosion +156: Passive: +156 Equipment bonus to Acid Spell Power., Acid Lore XAcid Lore X: Passive: Your Acid spells gain a 20% Equipment bonus to their chance to critical hit., Acid Absorption 30%Acid Absorption 30%: Passive: 30% Enhancement Bonus to Acid Absorption. (Absorption reduces damage from an element by a percentage, after resistance have been taken into account.), Conjuration Focus VConjuration Focus V: Passive: +5 equipment bonus to the DC to resist your Conjuration spells., Blue Augment SlotBlue AugmentsColorless Augments, Green Augment SlotBlue AugmentsYellow AugmentsColorless Augments
- Fellblade (Longsword 5.50[1d8], 18-20/x2): +13 Enhancement Bonus+13 Enhancement Bonus: +13 enhancement bonus to attack and damage rolls., Improved BanishingImproved Banishing: On Hit: 4 to 24 Bane damage to Outsiders.
On Vorpal Hit: If an outsider struck by this weapon has fewer than 1500 Hit Points, it is instantly slain. If the outsider has above 1500 Hit Points, it takes 150 damage., Sovereign VorpalSovereign Vorpal: Passive: +0.5[W] damage dice.
On Vorpal Hit: If your target has fewer than 3000 Hit Points, it is instantly slain. If the target has above 3000 Hit Points, it takes 300 damage., Axiomatic XAxiomatic X: On Hit: 10 to 40 Law damage. Law-aligned creatures are immune to this effect.
Penalty: If equipped by a Chaotic user, they receive 1 Negative Level for as long as this item is equipped., Armor-Piercing - 20% Armor-Piercing - 20%: Passive: +20% Enhancement bonus to Fortification Bypass. (Fortification Bypass makes your attacks ignore a percentage of enemy Fortification.), Doublestrike 15% Doublestrike 15%: Passive: 15% Enhancement bonus to Doublestrike. (Doublestrike is a chance to score an additional hit with a melee attack.), Red Augment SlotRed AugmentsColorless Augments, Orange Augment SlotOrange AugmentsYellow AugmentsRed AugmentsColorless Augments
- Gauntlets of the Arcane Soldier (Gloves): Quality Spell Focus IQuality Spell Focus I: Passive: +1 quality bonus to the DC to resist all your spells., Arcane Augmentation IX Arcane Augmentation IX: Increases the wearer's caster level when casting ninth level or lower sorcerer or wizard spells by two., Spellcraft +20Spellcraft +20: Passive: +20 Competence bonus to the Spellcraft skill., Wizardry XIWizardry XI: This item grants the wearer +275 maximum spell points. Sorcerers and Favored Souls gain up to double spell points from items., Green Augment SlotBlue AugmentsYellow AugmentsColorless Augments, Yellow Augment SlotYellow AugmentsColorless Augments
- Many-Hooked Greaves (Boots): Insightful Combat Mastery +5Insightful Combat Mastery +5: Passive: +5 Insight Bonus to the DC of your Trips, Sunder, and Stunning Blow attacks., Strength +12 Strength +12: This item gives the wearer the power of Ogre Strength, granting a +12 enhancement bonus to Strength., Vertigo +12 Vertigo +12: This effect gives a +12 Enhancement bonus to the DC to resist the character's Trip and Improved Trip attempts., Green Augment SlotBlue AugmentsYellow AugmentsColorless Augments, Yellow Augment SlotYellow AugmentsColorless Augments, Quality Vertigo +2Quality Vertigo +2: This effect gives a +2 Quality bonus to the DC to resist the character's Trip and Improved Trip attempts.
- Memoriam (Trinket): Good Luck +4Good Luck +4: This item gives a +4 Luck bonus to all saves and skill checks., Healing Amplification: +75 Competence BonusHealing Amplification: +75 Competence Bonus: This effect amplifies all incoming positive energy healing by +75 (includes spells, potions, and other effects)., Insightful Fortitude Save +3Insightful Fortitude Save +3: This item gives a +3 Insight bonus to your Fortitude saves., Quality Reflex Save +2Quality Reflex Save +2: This item gives a +2 Quality bonus to your Reflex saves., Green Augment SlotBlue AugmentsYellow AugmentsColorless Augments, Yellow Augment SlotYellow AugmentsColorless Augments
- Resonation (Necklace): Magical Resistance: +4 QualityMagical Resistance: +4 Quality: This item provides a +4 Quality bonus to your Magical Resistance Rating., Quality Will Save +2Quality Will Save +2: This item gives a +2 Quality bonus to your Will saves., Inherent Elemental Resistance - 15Inherent Elemental Resistance - 15: This item provides a +15 Competence bonus to your Acid, Cold, Fire, and Electrical resistances., SoundingSounding: On Harmful Spellcast: Do an additional 4 to 24 Sonic Damage., Green Augment SlotBlue AugmentsYellow AugmentsColorless Augments, Blue Augment SlotBlue AugmentsColorless Augments
- Sightless (Helmet): True SeeingTrue Seeing: Passive: You gain the benefit of the spell True Seeing., Deathblock VIIDeathblock VII: Passive: 21% Enhancement Bonus to Negative Energy Absorption. In addition, you are immune to magical effects that can cause instant death., Ranged Power +6Ranged Power +6: This item provides a +6 Enhancement bonus to Ranged Power., Melee Power +6Melee Power +6: This item provides a +6 Enhancement bonus to Melee Power., Sheltering +35 Sheltering +35: +35 Enhancement bonus to Physical and Magical Resistance Ratings, Constitution +12 Constitution +12: This item gives the wearer improved health, granting a +12 enhancement bonus to Constitution., Green Augment SlotBlue AugmentsYellow AugmentsColorless Augments, Blue Augment SlotBlue AugmentsColorless Augments
- Strange Tidings (Ring): Dexterity +12 Dexterity +12: This item makes the wearer more nimble and dexterous, granting a +12 enhancement bonus to Dexterity., Deception VIIIDeception VIII: 5% Chance on Hit: Your target becomes Bluffed for four seconds. (Bluffed enemies can be affected by Sneak Attacks even while targeting you.) On sneak Attack:+8 to Attack Rolls, +16 to Damage., Use Magic Device +7Use Magic Device +7: Passive: +7 Competence bonus to the Use Magic Device skill., Diversion 20%Diversion 20%: This item reduces the threat generated by melee damage by 20%., Blue Augment SlotBlue AugmentsColorless Augments, Green Augment SlotBlue AugmentsYellow AugmentsColorless Augments
- Ultimatum (Tower Shield): +12 Enhancement Bonus+12 Enhancement Bonus: +12 enhancement bonus to Armor Class, attack and damage rolls., Insightful Sheltering +5Insightful Sheltering +5: +5 Insight bonus to Physical and Magical Resistance Ratings, Improved Bashing XImproved Bashing X: On Shield Bash: 5 to 20 additional Bludgeoning damage. On Melee Hit: +20% Chance to automatically hit your enemy with a Shield Bash attack., Holy VIIHoly VII: On Hit: 7 to 28 Good damage. Good-aligned creatures are immune to this effect.
Penalty: If equipped by a Evil user, they receive 1 Negative Level for as long as this item is equipped., MetallineMetalline: Metalline bypasses any metal based damage reduction. (Adamantine, "Alchemical, Silver", Byeshk, Cold Iron, Mithral), Purple Augment SlotRed AugmentsBlue AugmentsColorless Augments, Petrification ImmunityPetrification Immunity: This items gives immunity to Petrification., Blue Augment SlotBlue AugmentsColorless Augments
- Visions of Precision (Goggles): Wisdom +12 Wisdom +12: This item makes the wearer more in tune with her surroundings, granting a +12 enhancement bonus to Wisdom., Enhanced Ki +3Enhanced Ki +3: Increases the rate at which the user gains ki with each successful attack., Dazing XDazing X: On Hit: Your target suffers a -1 Penalty to Will Saving Throws for 6 seconds. This effect sacks up to 5 times. This effect may only occur on-hit once every three seconds.
Passive: The DC of the saving throw to resist your Stunning Blow and Stunning Fist combat feats is increased by 15., Insightful Wisdom +4Insightful Wisdom +4: This item makes the wearer more in tune with her surroundings, granting a +4 insight bonus to Wisdom., Blue Augment SlotBlue AugmentsColorless Augments, Green Augment SlotBlue AugmentsYellow AugmentsColorless Augments
- Phase 1 Ambush
- Phase 2 Fallen Archons
- Required for rescuing Archon:
- Counts as Reinforcement:
- End fight