|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
The Vault of Night
|Requires access to adventure pack: Vault of Night|
House Kundarak built the Vault to store secret treasures. But for whom...and for what purpose?
|The Vault of Night|
|Heroic XP:||♦11,500 ♥12,100 ♠12,699|
|Epic XP:||♦36,050 ♥36,950 ♠37,850|
|Takes place in:||Vault of Night|
|NPC contact:||Barrow D'Kundarak|
|Quest acquired in:||House Kundarak|
|Free to Play:||No|
An unknown enemy has breached House Kundarak's defenses in the Vault of Night and taken complete control of it. Their own forces have had no success in taking it back, so they've asked for help from you and the Laughing Knives.
When you're ready, enter the Vault of Night in House Kundarak Enclave, and destroy whoever is responsible for this attack.
- This raid section sees you getting the fruits of your labor in recruiting Marek Malcanus's party of adventurers to help regain the Vault.
- To complete this section of the raid, you need to gain entry to the Plane of Night where House Kundarak have carefully hidden their most valued treasure. The Vault is in a state of anarchy, overrun with undead and agents of the Aurum. You have to power the Vault back up to recover the master key.
- Complete the Vault of Night (story arc) quests (Four quests in total).
- Order is no longer important. Just be sure to pick up each individual quest before proceeding.
- Once the 4-quest arc is completed and this quest The Vault of Night is available from Barrow d'Khundarak, this pre-raid along with the Plane of Night raid can be repeated without repeating the initial 4-quest arc.
- Bug: The old flagging system is still in place along side the new one. Using the old system can break your quest. Avoid talking to Marek Malcanus to prevent the old flagging system from interfering with the current one - he is no longer necessary and really should have had his quest flags deleted to prevent this bug. Additionally, sharing the quest will break it: do not share it or accept any share attempts, pick it up manually.
- Note: Talking to Marek won't always break your quest flags, it depends what step of the chain you're on, but to be safe, do not talk to him at all. If you want to read his flavor text, do so after you're correctly flagged. It's safe to do so at that point.
- To use the new flagging system, simply complete the 4 quests, and pick up their end rewards. Then talk to Barrow d'Khundarak to be permanently flagged.
- Workaround for if your quest gets broken: Manually Abandon "The Vault of the Night" story arc. Then Talk to Barrow. He should bestow it and you can then enter, if you cannot, you are not flagged and need to redo some or all of the quests.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Make contact with the Laughing Knives
- Destroy the tormented banker Otto Knucklebones
- Destroy the Aurum commander Malachi the Breaker
- Repair the Distribution Grid in Maintenance
- Restore the North Portal Conduit
- Reset both breaker levers to repair the North Portal Conduit
- Restore the West Portal Conduit
- Lower the emergency barriers in Accounting
- Restore the East Portal Conduit
- Find a way to open the Adamantine-Bound Coffer
- (Optional) Stop the production of golems in the Distribution Grid room
- Find a way to open the Adamantine-Bound Coffer
- Destroy the Rust Emperor in the Disposal Shaft
- Recover the Crystal Master Key
- Destroy Arach's Knight to disable Arach's defenses
- Force the traitor Arach d'Kundarak to open the Gate of Night
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed, some undisarmable)
- Point of no return
- Overlapping floors
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Puzzles (mandatory: puzzle wheels and tile puzzle)
- Runes (mandatory: require WIS checks - 20 required)
- Contains the entrance to another quest (to Plane of Night)
- Stat checks (mandatory: 2 levers that require STR checks - 25 required)
- Requires extra player(s) (mandatory: a total of 6 runes and levers have to be used simultaneously)
- Lightning Walls and Blade Spinners (North Side)
- Horizontal Triple Blades (West Side)
- Several lightning bolt traps triggered by opening a chest (West Side)
- Blade Spinners (Up the first ladder on the south side)
- Blade Spinners (Locked triple Entrance to the Final Encounter)
Tips and Misc
Do West wing, then North wing, then East wing, then South wing. Or to speed things up if running above level:
- Most head west and 1 person head east simultaenously (east puzzle can be done imediately by 1 person)
- Have most players do north, left and right simultaenously (Both can be cleared quickly with smart use of jumping)
- Have one person head west to get the coffer while this is done (He can the moment power is restored)
- Everyone head for the key once breakers are reset
- Everyone head south to the end
- Signet ring opens forcefields with color wheels. Turn each wheel exactly 4 notches.
- levers need to be pulled in sync (3 sec) to unlock doors
Detailed Walkthrough here: http://abeontech.com/386-ddo-vault-night-raid-guide
There are many nasty traps and locked doors in this quest, so a Rogue or Artificer is essential (except for exceptional parties). You will also need at least two persons with a strength of 25 for some levers and two persons with at least a wisdom of 20. Without these required stats, you will not be able to complete this raid.
Arcane casters should have Dimension Door and knock as they will greatly speed things up. Casters (divine or arcane) should hand out acid and lightning resistance - preferably extended as this is a very long raid. Melee should have adamantine weapons for the end boss, as he has significant DR when running on epic, or even at-level on elite, as well as strong weapons for the foe you will inevitable face after this raid - the red dragon, Velah.
VON 5 – The FAST guide - See below this guide for longer explanations.
- Pre-requisites – you can lead via voice/have the right stats.
- Gather - buffs, remember electric resist/protects
- There are 4 people in the first room that give out items :
- 1. Haywire gives ‘Voice’ for speaking stones – unlocker to take
- 2. Orphne gives wand ‘Orphnes Blessing’ - removes a specific disease that drops con - not curable by normal remove disease
- IGNORE DIRGE & VEIL
- 1. All west to corridor with blade trap. Trap box on right at end
- 2. Rogue/Artificer & healer back to start - do traps north – (12) traps on each pillar
- 3. Rest kill OTTO – voice holder takes ring
- 4. ALL BACK TO START – go north – 25STR/20WIS each side – only 3 on right
- 5. Allocate pillars
- 6. LEFT go to wheels – voice does wheels x4 each – 2x head options
- 7. Talk to head in WEST – drops barriers – kills golems – get coffer
- 8. STR lever on way back
- 9. EAST – do puzzle - Solution on mouseover
- 10. EAST - use coffer – opens NORTH gate
- 11. EAST – kill rustie – get key – ALL BACK TO START
- 12. SOUTH – 4 below vent (pull) – shoot rogue/artificer up, disable traps & pull lever – others go up
- 13. Disarm traps
- Kill boss, ignore dogs
Most importantly: When you begin, designate one person - preferably one who is very knowledgeable about the raid - to get the Voice and the Ring, and complete the main 4 objectives (Restore the power).
Other important objectives that can be done mostly simultaneously are the puzzle, coffer and crystal master key, so ideally also assigning players to each of these objectives for a fast completion (or groups of players if your running high difficulties).
List of items NPCs will hand out (One time only, for one player only) - the important one here is the Voice:
- Dirge of Carnath: Dirge's Bulwark - +2 Heavy shield: Greater Lightning Resistance (Destroyed on Exiting Adventure, Binds on Acquire)
- Mistress Orphne: Orphne's Grace - Wand: Remove Necrotic Touch (20 charges, caster level 5) (Destroyed on Exiting Adventure, Binds on Acquire)
- Veil: 100 Veil's Avenger - +2 Arrow: Dwarf Bane (Destroyed on Exiting Adventure)
- Haywire: Haywire's Voice - Drops on Leaving Adventure, Drops on Death
Other key items required for quest completion - be absolutely sure about who picks these up:
- Arcane Signet Ring - Drops on Leaving Adventure, Drops on Death
- Crystal Master Key
Once complete, you gain entry to the final part of the Vault of Night raid quest series from an exit at the end of this quest. Do not recall from this quest on completion for you will not be able to proceed to the following quest.
- Don't underestimate Arach's Knight. He can very quickly take down an unprepared raid group, so be sure to buff appropriately (Sonic resistance, haste, etc) and take down his hounds first. For more indepth detail on him, check his article.
- Aggression bonus: ~184 monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 216 monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: *265 monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 13 traps disarmed +15% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 60 breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: ~80 breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 93 breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
* Requires you to kill the re-spawning Warforged in the puzzle area a few times to get over 240 monsters killed.
- Chests: 4 on regular difficulties, 5 on epic
- One heavily trapped by several lightning traps beyond a door on the west side
- Another on the west side near the shrine, but not accessible until power has been restored to accounting
- One on the north end past the breaker lever, locked with an extremely high DC. (Over 60 on epic)
- One hidden on a small platform by the lava in the eastern section - get this one after you get the crystal master key, then dimension door back as it's not easy to return.
- Epic Difficulty spawns an epic chest right on top of the portal entrance to the plane of night (be careful not to click the portal by mistake). It contains a chance at epic seals.
- NPC rewards: None until you complete the final follow-up raid, Plane of Night
- Aurum Agents - Dwarves
- Aurum Concordians - Dwarves
- Aurum Soldiers - Dwarves
- Iron Golems
- Necrotic Bankers - Zombies
- Necrotic Engineers -Zombies
- Necrotic Guards -Zombies
- Large Rust Monsters
- Lightning Guard Golems - Iron Golems
- Subverted Drones - Warforged
- Subverted Sentinels - Warforged
- Arach's Acid Hound - Yellow-named iron defender
- Arach's Fire Hound - Yellow-named iron defender
- Arach's Ice Hound - Yellow-named iron defender
- Arach's Lightning Hound - Yellow-named iron defender
- Arach's Knight - Purple-named iron golem; raid boss (red-named on heroic difficulties?)
- Malachi the Breaker - Red-named dwarf; required kill
- Otto Knucklebones - Red-named dwarf; required kill - drops Arcane Signet Ring upon death
- The Rust Emperor - Red-named rust monster; required kill - drops Crystal Master Key upon death