The Fall of Truth
|Requires access to adventure pack: Ruins of Gianthold|
What has the Stormreaver been doing, hidden within his chambers in the Tor?
|The Fall of Truth|
|Epic XP:||♦27,417 ♥28,215 ♠29,013|
|Takes place in:||Stormreaver's Chambers|
|Bestowed by:||The Stormreaver|
|NPC contact:||The Stormreaver|
|Quest acquired in:||Gianthold|
|Patron:||Agents of Argonnessen|
|Free to Play:||No|
With the Tor re-taken, you have access to the Inner Sanctum of the Tor. Here, the Stormreaver plans to meet his ancient enemy, the Truthful One, in combat. Join him there and aid the Stormreaver in battle.
Re-flagging for this chain is not required.
- Speak with Draznok ar'Athad to start the chain (Join the war in Gianthold).
- Speak with Draznok to complete the Return to Gianthold:Madstone Crater quest and advance the chain.
- Draznok will next give you the Return to Gianthold:Prison of the Planes quest, requiring you speak with Maragogg ar'Mawn.
- Speaking with Maragogg will give you the Return to Prison of the Planes quest.
- Complete the Return to Prison of the Planes quest and turn it in to Maragogg for an end reward.
- Speak with Draznok to complete the Return to Gianthold:Prison of the Planes quest and advance the chain.
- Draznok will next give you the Return to Gianthold:A Cabal for One quest, requiring you speak with Ysba Stonespear.
- Speaking with Ysba will give you the Return to Cabal for One quest.
- Complete the Return to Cabal for One quest and turn it in to Ysba for an end reward.
- Speak with Draznok to complete the Return to Gianthold:A Cabal for One quest and advance the chain.
- Draznok will next give you the Return to Gianthold:Gianthold Tor quest, requiring you speak with Phorrus ar'Kerl.
- Speaking with Phorrus will give you the Return to Gianthold Tor quest.
- Complete the Return to Gianthold Tor quest and turn it in to Phorrus for an end reward. This gives you Back to Draznok quest.
- Slaying the optional dragons is NOT a flagging requirement.
- Speak with Draznok to complete the Back to Draznok quest, receive chain reward and advance the chain.
- Draznok will next give you the ????? quest, requiring you speak with The Stormreaver.
- Speaking with The Stormreaver will give you The Fall of Truth raid.
- Complete The Fall of Truth raid and turn it in to Brawnpits for an end reward completing and resetting the entire story arc.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Join forces with Stormreaver
- Defeat Truthful One
- Defeat the three disciples
- Destroy Prism of Ages
- Slay Stormreaver and Truthful One together
Lightning trap damage somewhat linked to Stormreaver's ability, 700-1,100 on epic elite
Tips and Misc
- Lingering Grip of Death (no-resurrection penalty) applies on death, on hard and elite
- Bring Deathblock; Joram the Confused casts Destruction
- Also recommended are Electricity Absorption (eg a Greensteel weapon or a Ring of the Djinn) and a Spell absorbtion item (such as Pale Lavender Ioun Stone or Jeweled Cloak).
- You can use spell absorption items to block the dragon breath debuff. Spell absorption will not block the damage, however, nor the lightning trap damage.
- If you go to the far east side of the room - opposite where the Reaver challenges the Truthful One - and put on Feather Fall, you will allow the Reaver to aggro most of the dragons/giants/trash when the floor falls out, making the party's lives much easier (mass invisibility just before you drop helps, however most mobs have see invisibility in the chamber).
- Each pair must be killed within 10 seconds of each other. Disciples and their giants will revive to full health when their counterpart doesn't die within the ten second window.
- After the first dragon/giant pair is down, the Truthful One will enter the fray. Most groups assign someone with ranged capability to kite the dracolich while the other dragon/giant pairs are being defeated.
- After the second dragon/giant pair is down, a crystal that fires Lolth-like beams will appear high above the center of the room. Once it's destroyed, the Truthful One will dominate the Stormreaver and the final phase of the raid will begin. It is highly recommended to kill the third dragon/giant pair before destroying the crystal.
- A certain amount of time after the Reaver has been dominated and the The Truthful One somewhat damaged, the Truthful One will raise the three defeated dragons as undead dragons. Prior to U17.1 this could be avoided by destroying the crystal prior to killing the third dragon/giant pair, but the Truthful One will now raise the dragons regardless of anything. It is recommended to assign someone to kite the undead dragons while the Reaver and Truthful One are being defeated, as you get nothing for killing the undead dragons.
- It is highly recommended that healers and key casters do not stand together as a Wing Buffet from the Truthful One can easily wipe out a cluster of non-melee players at once.
- Wraiths spawn from killed Player Characters. Use Spawn Screen to prevent this.
- Tips for fighting Truthful One: 
- See also this strategy guide on the DDO Forums
- Ignore the trash, focus on killing the dragon pairs. Let those with bursts, finger, etc. to clear the trash.
- Conquest bonus: <62 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Chests: 3 regular black ones which drop regular lootgen items only, and 1 giant gold raidchest which drops:
- NPC rewards: Standard, 20th list provides a random selection of several raid items and +4 tomes (can drop as 4->5 upgrade).
Named Chest Drop
All items ML25, Bound to Character on Acquire, upgradable twice via Attuned to Heroism. Items drop as 'Attuned to Heroism' on EN, 'Attuned to Heroism: Tier 1' on EH and 'Attuned to Heroism: Tier 2' on EE.
- Braisingstar (Morningstar): 2.50[2d6] 19-20x2, Bludgeoning and Piercing, +7 Enhancement Bonus, Blazing, Stunning +10, Ribcracker VI, Red Augment Slot
- Dreampiercer (Crystal Quarterstaff): 2.50[1d10] 20x2, +7 Enhancement Bonus, Greater Good, Evil outsider 3 Bane, Life Stealing, Enchantment Focus III, Red Augment Slot
- Gauntlets of Immortality (Gloves): Touch of Immortality, Devotion +120, Healing Lore VI, Eternal Faith
- Halcyon Boots (Boots): Halcyon Mind, Dexterity +8, Striding +30%, Potency +80
- Idol of Fortune (Trinket): Good Luck +2, Fortification 100%, Dodge +8%
- Madstone Aegis (Crystal Tower Shield): Shield Bonus 20, MDB 2, DR 15/-, SF 50, 2[2d10] 20x3, +7 Enhancement Bonus, Improved Bashing, Shield Bashing - 20%, Shield Proficiency: Tower Shield
- Pendant of the Stormreaver (Necklace): Superior Lightning Resistance, Protection +7, Thunderstruck
- Rebellion (Short Sword): 2.50[1d8], 18-20x2, +7 Enhancement Bonus, Rebellion, Sneak Attack Bonus +5, Armor-Piercing - 15%, Improved Deception, Red Augment Slot
- Ring of Deceit (Ring): Charisma +8, Voice of Deceit (Bluff +20, Diplomacy +20, Haggle +20, Perform +20), Improved Deception
- Skybreaker, Hand of the Stormreaver (Mithral Great Sword): 2.50[3d6] 19-20x2, +7 Enhancement Bonus, Skybreaker, The Reaver's Resolve (Flavor Text only)
- Stormreaver's Tablecloth (Cloak): Intelligence +8, Charisma +8, Spell Focus II
- Ventilated Armbands (Bracers): Armor Bonus +10, Air Guard, Enhanced Disable Device +5, Enhanced Open Lock +5
- Draconic Soul Gem (Yellow Augment): Acid Resistance +30, Cold Resistance +30, Electric Resistance +30, Fire Resistance +30 (Epic Elite only)
- Violet Gelatinous Cube-let (BTC): Any Difficulty, Very tiny chance compered to +5 Ability tomes
- Commendation of Heroism (1 EN, 1-2 EH, 2-3 EE)
- Truthful One - Undead Red Dragon
- Stormreaver - Storm Giant
- Wraith (CR:5, spawns upon death of character player with "Lingering Touch" effect. Spawn Screen prevents this.)
- Prism of Ages - Construct
- In the West initially
- In the South initially
- In the North initially