The Temple of Elemental Evil
|Requires access to : The Temple of Elemental Evil|
| Alatra the Gatekeeper in the Eberron Hall of Heroes is trying to learn more about Mysterious Remnants. The Gatekeepers have constructed a portal to The Temple of Elemental Evil, where a high concentration of remnants can be found.
Use the portal and explore the Temple of Elemental Evil.
This adventure pack contains a quest chain composed of two quests:
Quests By Favor
|Quest Name||Quest Level||Total Favor||Patron|
|Temple of Elemental Evil Part One||7, 30||15||The Gatekeepers|
|Temple of Elemental Evil Part Two||7, 30||15||The Gatekeepers|
|Total||2 Quests||30 Favor|
Quests are narrated by renowned actor Wil Wheaton.
- Alatra the Gatekeeper is the questgiver of the Heroic version of the Temple.
- Bagnam the Gatekeeper is the questgiver of the Epic version of the Temple.
- After your first completion, it is possible to play the quests in any order, but you will receive no end reward until you complete both parts. Rewards for completing both parts include random ToEE crafting weapons.
The quests feature randomly spawning mysterious altars. Clicking the altar buffs your character and hirelings if they are ordered to use it. The buffs act like the classic ship buffs in that they cannot be dispelled, persist though rest, disappear on death/leaving quest, and have a 1-hour duration. Altars have a (?) minutes cooldown (per person) before they can be used again; all group members (including hirelings) can benefit from the effect at the same time. Also there is a lockbox near any altar containing ToEE Crafting ingredients.
- 33 Melee, Ranged and Spell Power
- PRR, MRR, HP (Heroic: ~10 PRR and MRR and HP depends on your level; Epic: 610-852HP, ~83MRR, 56-81PRR)
- elemental absorption, additional elemental damage equal to double your character level on attacks and spells, additional spell power (did not see any on heroics) (elemental absorbtion is probably 20% (heroics))
- Fountain of Wonder
- as Potion of Wonder
Named items drop from this module do not follow traditional one item per one location rule.
- see ToEE Crafting
The Temple of Elemental Evil reward list
| Originally Posted by (executive producer) on November 12, 2014
~ The Temple of Elemental Evil, as a classic dungeon set in another world, with be accessed magically and directly. The epic version will be level 30, and the heroic version will start at level 7 as the original was level 1-8.
~ We won't be creating the villages as part of the Temple of Elemental Evil. Yes, it makes us sad as well. Our estimates of the time it would take to run that pre-content was very low, and the development time estimates were so high we didn't feel that the additional play experience would be worth pushing the update out by months.
Instead players will get right to the heart of the adventure.
~ The Temple is very large, and we want players to have a reason to explore it even on subsequent runs. We want to find a fun system to reward exploring the temple rather than just running the most efficient path to finish the quests, and plan on having some rewarding optional objectives that randomly spawn and give out good XP and treasure.
| Originally Posted by (executive producer) on March 9, 2015
We are planning on having Hard mode for ToEE be hard, and Elite to be really hard. A much larger ramp up than the content you are used to. Our plan for end game folk who want hard content that promotes teamwork is giving that to them for the new content we are introducing.