|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
The dodge mechanic works as a simple percentile chance to completely dodge physical attacks. You will see a "Dodge" hover over your character anytime it helps you dodge an attack.
 Dodge Chance Mechanic
This check is done independent of the miss chance resulting from Armor Class and other measures of not getting hit, such as Concealment or Incorporeal. The dodge chance is capped by the Maximum dexterity bonus of the armor worn, and cannot exceed 25%. There are some abilities (see below) which exceptionally allow to exceed this cap. All dodge from spells, enhancements, EDs and feats stack, but identical magnitude dodge bonuses from treasure do not stack in DDO.
Note that dodge bonuses on treasure are all now typed as Insight bonuses. Per the rules, Insight bonuses should not stack, however for Dodge, they do partially. Currently you can stack items of different magnitudes with each other, and they will stack except you will lose 1% off the total. So a 3% dodge bonus on Dragontouched armor will not stack with a 3% dodge bonus from Chattering Ring. But a 4% dodge bonus on the Icy Raiment will stack with the +3% from Chattering Ring, but only grant a total of 6% dodge.
 Dodge Bonus to Armor Class
Previous to Update 14, Dodge used to be considered a bonus type, generally applying to armor class and sometimes reflex saves. In some very rare areas where the devs forgot to update the bonus types, there are still a few abilities/items that display as dodge bonuses to armor class in the breakdown, but officially the system has been discontinued, so they should be considered bugs.
- Eldritch Shield Ritual and Eldritch Armor Ritual (Technically should count as bonuses types equal to their name per a dev post)
- Haste spell. (Sources from spells should generally be considered untyped and always stack)
- Favored Defense I to III +1-3 (Ranger only, vs. favored enemies)
- Fighter's Mobility I to II +1-2 (fighter only, only while tumbling; requires Mobility feat)
 Sources of Dodge Chance
- Dodge: +3%
- Spring Attack: +2%
- Mobility: feat/item + 2% (also increases Maximum dexterity bonus by 2)
- Uncanny Dodge and Improved Uncanny Dodge grant + 1% at Levels 4, 6, 8, 12, 16, and 20 of Rogue or Barbarian, respectively. The bonuses from Uncanny Dodge and Improved Uncanny Dodge do not stack with one another.
- Uncanny Dodge provides also a clicky with temporary +25%, which ignores Dodge cap.
- Improved Uncanny Dodge provides also a clicky with temporary +50%, which ignores Dodge cap.
- Inspire Heroics +4% (level 15 bard buff)
- Flurry of Blows, when centered: +2%, +4% and +6% at monk levels 1, 2 and 4, respectively.
- Combat Archery passive: 2% if wielding a ranged weapon.
- Lesser Ocean Stance: +1%
- Ocean Stance: +2%
- Greater Ocean Stance: +3%
- Ultimate Ocean Stance: +4%
 Epic Destinies
- Meld Into Darkness, active: +100% for 6 seconds, does currently not exceed the dodge cap (bugged). (Shadowdancer)
- Untouchable, passive: +1% extra dodge for each Shadow Charge held (Shadowdancer)
- Echoes of the Ancestors: Martial: Grandmaster of Flowers: passive, stance, 2% (Fatesinger)
- Echoes of the Ancestors: Primal (ranged version), passive: 1% (Fatesinger) (?)
- Perfect Balance, passive: 1% per rank, 3 ranks (Grandmaster of Flowers)
- Walking with Waves, passive: 1% per rank, 3 ranks (Grandmaster of Flowers)
- A Scattering of Petals, active: for 12 seconds: +25% (Grandmaster of Flowers)
- Master's blitz, active: for 10 seconds: +50%, does currently not exceed the dodge cap (bugged). (Legendary Dreadnought)
- Unearthly reaction, passive: 1% per rank, 3 ranks (Magister)
- In the weeds, passive: 1% per rank, 3 ranks (Shiradi Champion)
- In the weeds, passive, when standing still: additional 1% per rank, 3 ranks (Shiradi Champion)
 Dodge Stacking bug
Depending on the order you equip your dodge items, the final result may not be correct. Try stripping off and re-equipping in a different order. DDO Forum thread