Doublestrike grants a character a chance to make an additional attack with their main hand weapon any time they make a main hand melee attack. The additional roll is made on the target of the initial attack. Doublestrike only applies to melee attacks. (Similar effect for ranged attacks is called Doubleshot.)
Doublestrike was introduced as part of the Update 5 combat changes. Many attack speed bonuses were converted to Doublestrike effects at that time.
- Doublestrike affects your main-hand weapons. Your off-hand weapons can only doublestrike if Perfect Two Weapon Fighting or Dervish are chosen.
- Increasing Doublestrike above 100% does not provide any additional benefit.
See also: Doubleshot
Sources of Doublestrike
Most bonuses from equipment are Morale bonuses; only the highest Morale bonus will apply.
- Medusa Fury, found on weapons derived from the Blade of Fury, grants a +5% Morale bonus to Doublestrike when the wielder is below 25% hitpoints.
- The Henshin Mystic ability, Quick Strikes, gives a maximum 25% Morale bonus for 10 seconds.
- In Monk Wind Stance, the completed Way of the Sun Soul set grants a 6% Morale bonus to Doublestrike for 10 seconds with a natural 20 on an attack roll confirmed as a critical hit. This and other benefits of the ability cannot trigger more than once every twenty seconds.
Only the highest enhancement bonus to Doublestrike applies.
- Whirlwind, a Ranger Tempest core enhancement, grants a +5% enhancement bonus to Doublestrike while dual wielding.
Monk Wind Stances grant a +2.5%/+5%/+7.5%/+10% enhancement bonus to Doublestrike.
- The activated Celerity enhancement grants a +30%/+40%/+50% enhancement bonus to Doublestrike for 15 seconds with a cooldown of 5 minutes.
- The Legendary Dreadnought Tier 4 ability Lightning Mace grants a +15% enhancement bonus to Doublestrike for 6 seconds when you crit with a Club, Greatclub, Heavy Mace, Light Mace, Morningstar, or Quarterstaff in your main hand.
- Doublestrike items
- Alchemical Crafting Tier 2 Martial Air effect includes a +6% bonus to Doublestrike.
Other typed bonus
- Alchemical bonus - Cannith Combat Infusion on Fabricator's Bracers grants a temporary 5% alchemical bonus to Doublestrike.
- Artifact bonus - The Draconic Ferocity set bonus on Flawless Black Dragon Armor/Helm of the Black Dragon grants a +3% artifact bonus to Doublestrike.
- Competence bonus - The Kensei fighter capstone includes a +15% competence bonus to Doublestrike.
- Music bonus - Warchanter's chant Inspire Recklessness grants up to a +6% Doublestrike to all nearby allies.
- Profane bonus - The Shadowdancer innate ability Shadow Training IV grants a +3% profane bonus to Doublestrike while wielding weapons that qualify for Weapon Finesse.
- Sacred bonus - The Paladin spell Zeal grants a +10% Sacred bonus to Doublestrike to the caster.
- Action Boost bonus - Double Strike Boost provides +10% to +30% Action Boost bonus to Doublestrike for 20 seconds. (Available to the Nature's Warriors and Swashbucklers)
Untyped bonuses stack.
- Many Swashbuckler class tree abilities add cumulative Doublestrike bonuses (5 in cores, 10 for empty off-hand)
- Shadow Double, a Ninja Spy ability, grants 100% Doublestrike for 6 seconds.
- The Shield Mastery / Improved Shield Mastery feats grant a +3% / +8% bonus to Doublestrike while wearing a shield.
- The Unyielding Sentinel Tier 2 ability Legendary Shield Mastery grants a +[2/4/7]% bonus to Doublestrike while wearing a shield.
- Opportunist, a Rogue Special Ability feat, grants a +3% bonus to Doublestrike.
- The Natural Fighting Druid feat grants a +6% bonus to Doublestrike when in animal/magical beast form, and can be taken up to 3 times.
- The Grandmaster of Flowers Tier 2 ability Running with Wind grants +[1/2/3]% to Doublestrike if you are in Monk Wind Stance.
- The Grandmaster of Flowers Tier 2 ability Hail of Blows grants +3% to Doublestrike.
- Kensei's capstone grants 15% doublestrike, few more % available in lower cores