|Lesser Reincarnation||Heroic True Reincarnation||Racial Reincarnation||Iconic True Reincarnation||Epic Reincarnation|
|Past Life Feats||(Racial) Past Life Feats||Iconic Past Life Feats||Epic Past Life Feats|
Reincarnation enables players to leverage their existing progress with one of their current player characters, and allows players to change certain decisions made in that character's advancement, like a respec, in the case of Lesser Reincarnation or Epic Reincarnation, or to create a more powerful hero, in the case of True Reincarnation or Racial Reincarnation.
All reincarnated characters will retain the name and items from the previous character incarnation. Characters go through the Character Creation Menu, as when they started, and then they go on to a flying ship. There they speak to a historian, and go through a menu for their changes. If they are changing their classes (Lesser Heart +1, etc.), they have to immediately make that selection as they level up, or else they are stuck with their previous classes. Then they can level up to their current status. If the character is performing a Heroic True Reincarnation, Iconic True Reincarnation, Racial Reincarnation, or Epic Reincarnation the will acquire a Past Life feat.
How To reincarnate
How to get a Heart of the Wood/Blood
- All Hearts of Wood can be purchased in the DDO Store.
- A +0 Heart of the Wood is given to every character on first login once.
- Lesser Hearts of Wood are extremely rare drops in random chests.
- True Druidic Hearts of Wood for Heroic True Reincarnation and Heroic True Hearts of Blood for Racial Reincarnation can be earned by trading 20 Tokens of the Twelve at Lahar outside the Tower of the Twelve.
- Iconic True and Epic Hearts of Wood can be earned by trading 4,200 Commendations of Valor or 42 Heart Seeds. Double click the commendations or the heart seeds to bring up their respective barter menus.
Veteran Status has no effect on any Reincarnation.
| Type of
|Min. Lvl.|| Build
|Heart of Wood||Cost|
|Lesser||1||28pt → 32pt||—||—||Lesser Heart of Wood||—|
|+X Lesser||Change X levels||+X Lesser Heart of Wood|
|Heroic True||20|| 28pt → 34pt,3
32pt → 34pt,
34pt → 36pt
| Start over at level 1
(15 if becoming one of the Iconic Heroes)
|Reset||Druidic True Heart of Wood|
|Iconic True||30||Iconic True Heart of Wood|
|Racial||20||—||—||—||Heroic True Heart of Blood||
|Epic||30||—||—||—||Epic Heart of Wood||
- 1 Wizards and Artificers will keep their spellbooks. They will not be able to select new/different spells leveling up, any additional spells desired will need to be learned through scrolls. All other spell casting classes will get to re-select spells. There is an exception for True Reincarnation - spell books will be fully reset if you TR.
- 2 Due to Drow racial inherent stat bonuses, reincarnations into Drow will only yield 30 point builds on first reincarnation (32 on 2nd or higher).
- 3 Adventurers (28 pt builds) who TR before the account has achieved Champion (32 pt build) status will become 34 pt. builds, and then 36 on 2nd TR; this is only for those characters, and does not grant the entire account champion status for new builds.
- Since Update 11, experience, guild experience, crafting experience, loot boost potions carry over through reincarnation.
- With all forms of reincarnation, your tomes will gradually re-apply themselves as you increase in level, at the minimum levels the tomes can be applied at. If you ate a +3 strength tome, for instance, and then lesser reincarnated, you would get a +1 inherent bonus strength at level 3, +2 at level 7, and +3 at level 11. +4 tomes will apply at level 15, +5 tomes will apply at level 19, +6 tomes will apply at level 23, and +7 tomes will apply at level 27. See Ability tome for more information.
- An Epic Reincarnation on a non-Iconic character can be followed up with a Heroic True Reincarnation. At level 30, you use the Epic Heart of Wood at the Life Shaper, log out and press Reincarnate on the character select menu, talk to your class trainer(s) to level back up to 20, then visit the Life Shaper again and use a Heroic True Heart of Wood and press Reincarnate on the character select menu again.
- If you Lesser Reincarnate, you must wait 3 days before Lesser Reincarnating again. You may, however, undergo True Reincarnation immediately after Lesser Reincarnating, as True Reincarnation is on a timer separate from the timer for Lesser Reincarnation. (That is, of course, provided you have not also Truly Reincarnated within a week's time.)
- The NPC Kruz the Reincarnation Trainer in House Jorasco has been discontinued as of Update 20, but his replacement will send you to the right place.
- Once you use a Heart of Wood at the Life Shaper and enter your character's name to confirm the usage of that Heart, you will be flagged for that specific reincarnation. The character is now flagged until which time you proceed in the reincarnation process. You may continue to login and enjoy full usage of that character, but you will not be able to flag for another reincarnation type until you have fully completed the process.
- Example: Your iconic character uses an Epic Heart of Wood. You will not be able to use an Iconic True Heart of Wood until you have finished the epic reincarnation process and have reacquired level cap.