You apply your character’s Constitution modifier to:
- The number of Hit points you get each level.
- Fortitude saving throws, for resisting poison and similar threats.
- Concentration checks. Concentration is a skill, important to spell casters, that has Constitution as its key ability.
- A monk's stable ki level is also equal to his or her total Concentration skill.
- Dwarf Characters may use the Tier 4 Enhancement - Throw your Weight Around - to use their Constitution Modifier for Melee Damage rolls (instead of Strength) with specific racial weapons.
The following Feats have a minimum Consitution Requirement:
Note: Feat Pre-reqs Only take into account the following bonuses:
- Base Stat value at Character Creation
- Level-Up stat point raises
- Inherent Bonuses from Ability tomes
Raising Constitution Scores
You can raise your Constitution score from different sources, among them:
- During character creation, you can add up to 10 points to your basic Constitution score, which means:
- A Dwarf, Warforged, Bladeforged character can start with a Constitution of up to 20
- A Dragonborn, Deep Gnome, Gnome, Halfling, Half-Elf, Half-Orc, Purple Dragon Knight, Shadar-Kai, or Human can start with a Constitution of up to 18
- A Drow, Morninglord or an Elf character can have a Constitution of up to 16.
- At the 4th, 8th, 12th, 16th, 20th, 24th, and 28th, you are allowed to raise a single ability by 1 point. If invested in Constitution and the ability score moves to the even number, this will result in an increase in character HP.
- The Stat point raises are often referred to as "level-ups". These increases count towards Feat Pre-requisites.
Inherent bonuses stack with all other bonuses and also count towards Feat Pre-requisites.
- A Manual of Bodily Health will raise the Constitution score by the appropriate value. For more information, refer to Tomes. These bonuses will show on your character sheet in the Feat section.
Unless noted otherwise, Feat Bonuses stack with each other and other sources of bonuses.
- General Feats
- Completionist feat - available at level 3 to completionists. Bonus of +2 to all abilities.- available at level 3 to completionists. Bonus of +2 to all abilities.
- Great Ability - Epic feat available at level 21,24,27, or 30. Bonus of +1 to Constitution. May be selected multiple times.
- Racial Past Life Feats - The second Past Life Feat for Dwarf and Warforged is +1 Constitution. These are auto-granted at level 1, but do not count for feat pre-requisites. See:Racial Reincarnation.
- Class Feats
- Rage, the barbarian's primary class feat provides +4 Rage Bonus while raged. Auto-grant to Barbarians at level 1.
- Greater Rage provides an additional +2 Rage Bonus when raging, for a total of +6. Auto-Grant to Barbarians at level 11.
- Mighty Rage provides an additional +2 Rage Bonus when raging, for a total of +8. Auto-Grant to Barbarians at level 20.
- Bear provides a +2 Racial Bonus when in Bear Form. Selected at Druid Level 2 or 5.
- Dire Bear provides a +4 Racial Bonus when in Dire Bear Form. Selected at Druid Level 8 or 11.
- Monk Mountain Stance provides a +2/+3/+4 Bonus to Constitution when centered and in Mountain Stance.
- Inspire Excellence Epic Feat provides Bard Song that gives +2 Competence Bonus to All Statistics. Does not stack with other Competence bonus.
- The Blood is The Life Level 6 Diety feat for Follower of Vol provides +4 Constitution for limited duration (24 seconds + 6 seconds per Religious Lore feat).
- Luck of Olladra Level 6 Diety feat for Follower of Olladra provides +1d6 Constitution for limited duration (24 seconds + 6 seconds per Religious Lore feat).
- Class Enhancements
- Barbarian: Frenzied Berserker, Occult Slayer, Ravager Enhancement - Constitution - Provides +1 Constitution at Tier 3 and Tier 4.
- Frenzied Berserker Capstone - Storm's Eye - Provides +4 Constitution.
- Occult Slayer Capstone - Mind over Magic - Provides +4 Constitution.
- Ravager Capstone - Visage of Terror - Provides +4 Constitution.
- Ravager Tier 2 Enhancement - Hardy Rage - Provides an additional +3 Constitution when using Rage, the barbarian's primary class feat.
- Bard: Warchanter Core 1 Enhancement - Skaldic Constitution - Provides +1 Rage Bonus to Constitution.
- Warchanter Capstone - Warmaster - Provides +2 Constitution.
- Cleric: Warpriest Cleric and Favored Soul Capstone - Implacable Foe - Provides +2 Constitution.
- Favored Soul: Warpriest Cleric and Favored Soul Capstone - Implacable Foe - Provides +2 Constitution.
- Druid: Nature's Warrior Capstone - Beast Form Mastery - Provides +1 Constitution.
- Fighter: Stalwart Defender Enhancement - Constitution - Provides +1 Constitution at Tier 3 and Tier 4.
- Kensai Core Enhancement 4 - Power Surge - Provides +8 Psionic Bonus to Constitution for 60 seconds per use. Will not stack with other Psionic Bonuses.
- Kensai Capstone - Alacrity - Provides +2 Constitution.
- Stalwart Defender Capstone - Last Stand - Provides +6 Constitution.
- Stalwart Defender Enhancement - Hardy Defense - Provides +6 Constitution while in Stalwart Stance. Can be taken at Tier 3, 4, or 5.
- Monk: Henshin Mystic, Shintao Enhancement - Constitution - Provides +1 Constitution at Tier 3 and Tier 4.
- Paladin: Sacred Defender Enhancement - Constitution - Provides +1 Constitution at Tier 3 and Tier 4.
- Sorcerer: Earth Savant Enhancement - Constitution - Provides +1 Constitution at Tier 3 and Tier 4.
- Warlock: Enlightened Spirit Capstone - Ultimate Enlightenment - Provides +2 Constitution.
- Enlightened Spirit Enhancement - Constitution - Provides +1 Constitution at Tier 3 and Tier 4.
- Wizard: Pale Master Enhancement - Constitution - Provides +1 Constitution at Tier 3 and Tier 4.
- Barbarian: Frenzied Berserker, Occult Slayer, Ravager Enhancement - Constitution - Provides +1 Constitution at Tier 3 and Tier 4.
- Racial Enhancements - Seven races allow to raise the Constitution score via enhancements:
- Bladeforged, Warforged and Dwarf characters can increase their Constitution by two
- Human, Half-Elf, and Purple Dragon Knight characters can increase their Constitution by one (Human Racial Enhancements, Half-elf Racial Human Enhancements)
- Half-Elf Tier 3 Enhancement can increase its Constitution by +1.
- Epic Destiny Enhancements -
- Fury of the Wild Primal Scream - Provides a +5 morale bonus to Constitution for 3 minutes. Does not stack with other Morale bonuses.
- Fury of the Wild Tier 1 - 6 Stat Increase - You can select a +1 Constitution increase at each level for 2 EDP. Maximum of +6 total.
- Fatesinger Glitter of Fame - Provides a +1 bonus to Constitution.
- Fatesinger Echos of the Ancestors - Primal - Provides a +1 bonus to Constitution for the Fury of the Wild selector.
- Unyielding Sentinel Tier 1 - 6 Stat Increase - You can select a +1 Constitution increase at each level for 2 EDP. Maximum of +6 total.
- Legendary Dreadnought Tier 1 - 6 Stat Increase - You can select a +1 Constitution increase at each level for 2 EDP. Maximum of +6 total.
- Primal Avatar Spirit Boon - +2 primal bonus to Constitution while toggled on. Tier 5 Enhancement. Will not stack with other Primal Bonuses.
- Primal Avatar Avatar of Nature - +2 bonus to Constitution every 3 seconds up to +8 bonus (after 9 seconds) while toggled on.
- Shiradi Champion Audience with the Queen Can provide Pleasure of the Queen for a +4 Royal Bonus to Statistics or Joy of the Queen - Love for a +10 Royal Bonus. 5 minute duration.
Unless noted otherwise, bonuses within a single category do not stack.
- Enhancement bonus
- Random Loot Items may come with the enhancement bonus of +1 - +17.
- Named items may come with the enhancement bonus of +1 - +20.
- Cannith Crafting items may come with the enhancement bonus of +1 - +15.
- Slave Lords Crafting items may come with an enhancement bonus of +5(heroic) or +17(Legendary) in the Prefix(Blue) Slot.
- Colorless Augment slots can be slotted with a Constitution augment with an enhancement bonus of +1 - +8
- Globe of True Imperial Blood - Colorless augment: +1
- Diamond of Exceptional Constitution +1: - Colorless augment: +1
- Named items may provide Exceptional Bonus to Constitution.
- Dragontouched Armor Tempest Runes may be slotted to provide a +1 Exceptional Bonus to Constitution.
- Legendary Green Steel items may be crafted with a +2 Exceptional bonus in Tier 3.
- Random loot or named items may come with a +1 - +8 Insight bonus.
- Cannith Crafting items may come with a +1 - +7 Insight bonus.
- Incredible Potential Tower of Despair crafting may add a +2 Insight bonus to Constitution on Tower of Despair Rings.
- Legendary Green Steel items may be crafted with a +7 Insight bonus in Tier 2.
- Named items may come with a +1 - +4 Quality bonus.
- Slave Lords Crafting Items may come with a Quality bonus of +1(heroic) or +4(Legendary) in the Extra 2(Yellow) slot.
- Griffon Set Provides a +1 Quality Bonus to Constitution.
- Epic Griffon Set Provides a +2 Quality Bonus to Constitution.
- The Devil's Handiwork Set provides a +2 Quality Bonus to Constitution.
- Epic The Devil's Handiwork Set provides a +3 Quality Bonus to Constitution.
- Set bonuses Slaves Endurance Set provides +1 Artifact Bonus (Heroic 5 Piece Set) and +2 Artifact Bonus (Legendary 5 Piece Set)
- Wayward Warrior set grants +1 (heroic) or +2 (legendary)
- Alchemical Crafting from the Secrets of the Artificers can provide a +2 Alchemical Bonus in Tier 2 for Alchemical Weapons.
- Named items can grant profane bonuses to ability scores.
Named weapons that use Constitution for attack/damage
|Name||ML||Type||Attack mod||Damage mod|
|Unkor's Cleaver||10||Battle Axe||STR, CON||STR, CON|
Bonuses from spells will not stack with bonuses of the same type from other sources
- Morale Bonus -
- Enhancement Bonus-
- Bear's Endurance - Provides a +4 Enhancement Bonus to Constitution
- Alchemical Bonus-
- Tenser's Transformation - Provides a +4 Alchemical Bonus to Constitution
Unless otherwise noted, Temporary bonuses will not stack with bonuses of the same type from other sources.
- Guild bonus
- Alchemical Bonus -
- Profane Bonus -
- Hezrou Cookie Provides a +4 Profane Bonus to Constitution for 12 minutes.
- Rage Bonus - Does not stack with Barbarian Class Rage or Warchanter Enhancement Skaldic Rage.
- Owlbear Cookie Provides a +4 Rage Bonus to Constitution for 15 minutes.
- Stacking bonuses - These bonuses are all temporary and seem to be Untyped and stack with all other sources
- Yugo Pot bonus - The Yugoloth Favor Potion, Essences of Desire, adds a +2 bonus to constitution for 15 minutes).
- Long Lasting Elixir of Bear's Endurance - Found in the DDO Store or the Monster Hunter Vendor, provides a +2 bonus to constitution.
- Blood Rage - Available on the Scourge Choker and Epic Locus of Vol - These items provide a stacking +2/+4/+6 bonus to constitution for a limited duration when an enemy hits you.
- Madstone Boots - Provides a clicky Madstone Rage which provides a +4 stacking bonus to Constitution for 2 minutes. Madstone Rage can also be acquired from enemies in Madstone Crater.
- Madstone Boots - The boots also have an on-hit by enemy proc called Madstone Reaction. This is a separate bonus of +4 to Constitution for 2 minutes. It stacks with the clicky and all other sources.
NOTE: This is accurate through U39
The theoretical Sustainable maximum for Constitution is 142/123 (Situational/Sustainable) in Fury of the Wild using an Dwarf/Warforged/Bladeforged Fighter 12/ Arti 8.
The theoretical Sustainable maximum for Constitution is 140/121 (Situational/Sustainable) in Fury of the Wild using an Dwarf/Warforged/Bladeforged Fighter 12/ Monk 8.
The theoretical Situational maximum for Constitution is 150/108 (Situational/Sustainable) in Fury of the Wild using an Dwarf/Warforged/Bladeforged Barbarian 20.
The Breakdown is as follows:
- 20 Base (Spend 10 build points to get max possible for Race)
- +7 Level-up
- +8 Tome
- +2 Racial Enhancement (6 AP)
- +2 Racial PL Feats for Dwarf and Warforged
- +2 Completionist Feat
- +4 Epic Feat (Great Ability x4)
- +5 Twists (+3 twisted in from EDs, +1 twisted in from Epic Completionist bonus +1 Twisted in with Level 30 bonus Twist)
- +20 Item Enhancement Bonus (Echo of Ravenkind)
- +9 Insightful(Item, Random loot (Legendary Bracers of the Fallen Hero)
- +2 Exceptional(Legendary Greensteel)
- +4 Quality Item
- +2 Artifact (Legendary Slave Lords Might Set)
- +2 Guild Airship Buffs
- +6 Epic Destinies (e.g. +6 from Fury of the Wild for +6 Tier 1-6)
- +4 Profane(Abishai Bonus. +2 Sustainable from Well Rounded or Litany)
- +4 Alchemical (+2Alchemical Weapon or +4 from Tenser's Transformation)
- +2 Competence (Bard Inspire Excellence song)
- +2 Yugoloth
- +2 DDO Store Potion
- +5 Primal Scream Fury of the Wild Epic Destiny Tier 1 Ability
- +4 Madstone Boots Clicky effect
- Now pick one of Three Class Options:
- +24 Fighter/Arti (Sustainable)
- +22 Fighter/Monk (Sustainable)
- +9 Barbarian (Sustainable)/ +23 Barbarian (Situational)
- +6 from Ravager (41 AP, Tier 3 & Tier 4 Constitution +2, Capstone + 4 Constitution)
- +2 from Frenzied Berserker (22 AP, Tier 3 & Tier 4 Constitution +2)
- +1 from Occult Slayer (12 AP, Tier 3 Constiution +1)
- +8 from Mighty Rage (Free Barbarian Feats)
- +3 from Ravager (Hardy Rage Enhancement + 3 Constitution while Raging)
- +8 from Blood Rage from Scourge Choker/Epic Locus of Vol (Defensive Stance Blocks this)
- +4 from Madstone Reaction from Madstone Boots (Defensive Stance Blocks this)
- The Fighter/Monk option only requires 4 levels of Monk, technically. You can obtain the necessary Adept/Master/Grandmaster of Forms Feats without 8 Monk levels.
- The Fighter/Artificer option only requires 4 levels of Artificer.
- You can, thus incorporate 4 levels of another class or do a 14/6, 15/5, or 16/4 Fighter/Monk Split.
- If you Change the Race to Human or Half-Elf it costs you -1 Constitution.
- If you want to eliminate the Monk entirely, it costs you -4 Constitution.
- If you want to run in Legendary Dreadnaught or Unyielding Sentinel it costs you -1 Constitution.
- A Pure Fighter Build is -4 Constitution off of the Sustainable variant.