Cannith Crafting, introduced in Update 9, allows players to construct completely customized weapons, shields, armor, jewelry, and clothing. This system was introduced in a state of live beta and was changed throughout Updates 9 and 10. The beta tag was removed with Update 11. The system was overhauled in Update 32 to align it with the Update 29 random loot changes. There are currently two Crafting Halls: one in House Kundarak (near the exit to The Marketplace) and one in House Cannith (near the Cannith Challenges crafters and across the plaza from the Auctioneer and Stormreach Teleporter).
- Disjunct an item at the Item Deconstruction Device to make it ready for crafting.
- Craft a Minimum Level shard at a shard crafting device, which determines the minimum level of the item along with the power level of the shards crafted onto the item.
- Craft shards of the benefits you want to apply to the item at a shard crafting device.
- Craft the shards onto the item at an item crafting device.
- Dust of Disjunction is used to remove enchantments from random loot, leaving you with a blank item that is keyed for crafting. Material types and Augment Slots are retained on an item after disjunction.
- Dissolvers are used to turn random loot into essences.
- Cannith Essences are found in chests and from disjuncting random loot using Dissolvers. Essences obtained prior to Update 32 can be converted to Cannith Essences.
- Collectables are used in all crafting recipes (except those for Minimum Level shards). These collectables can be found throughout the game and can be traded or purchased through the Auction Houses. Collectables come in four different category types: Arcane, Lore, Natural, and Cultural. An Arcane device of a given level range has the chance to drop all items in that range. Backpacks/rubble piles have the chance to drop all categories of collectables for a given tier. The tier and the collectible device are the only determination on the collectables received.
- Shards are created by using Cannith Essences, collectables, Purified Eberron Dragonshard Fragments, Marks of Yugoloth, and Marks of the Silver Flame in crafting recipes.
- Bound shards are Bound to Account, while unbound shards are unbound.
All Cannith Crafintg recipies use collectables.
Any collectable can be found in an Adventure Pack or Rubble. Collectables of each type can be found can be additionally found in
- Lore: Bookshelf
- Acrcane: Alchemy Table, Cabinet, Crude Altar, Reagents Cabinet, and Scroll rack
- Natural: Bones, Crude Altar, Fungus, Fungus Patch, Mold, Moss, and Mushroom
- Cultural: Treasure Bags (dropped by mobs)
Minimum Level shards
Minimum Level shards have a crafting difficulty of their level x 10 except for ML 1, which has a crafting difficulty of level 1. Unbound Minimum Level shards have a difficulty of their level x 10 + 50.
|Shard of Minimum Level||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10||11||12||13||14||15||16||17||18||19||20||21||22||23||24||25||26||27||28||29||30||31||32||33||34|
Each craftable item has a prefix and a suffix enchantment slot. A Mark of House Cannith can be used to add a third extra enchantment slot. Extra enchantment slots are not available on items under minimum level 10. Where you can place specific shards is the same as on randomly-generated loot.
Crafting higher level items and more powerful benefits is possible once you've gained enough crafting experience. You can attempt to craft a shard even if you aren't high enough level, but there is a chance for the crafting recipe to fail, costing you the ingredients used to craft. You can craft recipes if you have at least a one percent chance of success.
- Minimum Level shards have a crafting difficulty of their level x 10 except for ML 1, which has a crafting difficulty of level 1. Unbound Minimum Level shards have a difficulty of their level x 10 + 50.
- Scaling enchantment shards have a crafting difficulty level based on the group they are in:
- There are three groups of scaling enchantment shards. Group 1 has a minimum crafting level of 1, Group 2 has a minimum crafting level of 50, and Group 3 has a minimum crafting level of 100.
- Non-Scaling enchantments like fall independently along the Cannith Crafting difficulty level curve.
- Unbound versions of these shards add 150 to their crafting level, and Insightful versions of these shards add 175 to their crafting level.
|Group 1||Group 2||Group 3|
|Unbound + Insightful||325||375||425|
|Exclusive to Cannith Crafting||Exclusive to Random loot|
Other craftable items
- Arrows and bolts can be created with a combination of Cannith Essences and Siberys Dragonshard Fragments.
- The Device Workstation can be used to make traps, grenades, and companion collars. Cannith Essences are used in some grenades, traps, and collar recipes.
- Some rune arms can be crafted on. The charge tier, spell, imbue, minimum level, and unique enchantments of rune arms stay after disjunction, while the other benefits of the rune arms are removed. Rune arms can have three enchantments crafted on them, just like random loot. Rune arms are treated like trinkets for the purposes of determining which shards can be crafted onto them.needs verification
- Runestones can be crafted with a combination of Cannith Essences and Siberys Dragonshard Fragments.
The maximum crafting level is 400. The amount of experience required to gain a level increases as levels increase. You gain experience by crafting shards and deconstructing items into essences.
Experience gained prior to Update 32 was carried over to the new system.
- Three schools at level 50 (7,305 * 3 = 21,915) → level 138 in new system
- Three schools at level 100 (35,230 * 3 = 105,690) → level 203 in new system
- Three schools at level 150 (81,905 * 3 = 245,715) → level 260 in new system
- You have bound and unbound shard options to gain crafting experience. Go back and forth both devices, sort by experience and choose your best option.
- Once you reach 50 House Cannith Favor, Minor Crafting Experience Elixirs (10%, 30 minutes) and +10% Crafting Success Boosters are available for in-game plat.
- The Fabricators Guild Tutorial rewards you with either a Greater Crafting Experience Elixirs (75%, 30 minutes, BTA) or 5 25% Crafting Success Boosters, BTC. Since the Crafting Experience Elixirs are BTA you can run the tutorial quest with all of your alts and pass the elixirs to your crafter, who could run the tutorial quest and select the BTC Success Boosters. The tutorial quest can be obtained from Maker in the Kudarak Crafting Hall, Felix d'Cannith in the Marketplace, or Vertigo in the Harbor.
- Major Crafting Experience Elixirs (100%, 30 minutes), from the DDO Store are recommended if you are going for fast leveling. They are cheap, and can be obtained for the equivalent of 200 favor in turbine points.
- Only loot created under the new randomly generated loot system can be dissolved into Cannith Essences. Old randomly-generated loot can still be deconstructed, to be used as blanks.