Spell lore enchantments can be commonly found as a suffix on randomly-generated Quarterstaffs (with the Thaumaturgy prefix) and Scepters. Spell Lore can be found on all types of randomly-generated weapons, but these are much rarer compared to quarterstaffs/scepters. Spell lore can also more rarely be found on randomly-generated armor and shields as a prefix.
Types of spell lore
For each type of damage, there is a specific lore type. In addition, there's the universal Spell Lore.
- Acid Lore, Fire Lore, Ice Lore, Lightning Lore, - elemental damage
- Healing Lore, - positive energy spells
- Kinetic - force, physical and untyped
- (Laceration Lore - slashing spells*)
- Radiance Lore - light and alignment spells
- Repair Lore - repair and rust spells
- Sonic Lore - sonic damage spells
- Void Lore - negative energy spells
- Spell Lore - all spell types
- * Dropped in U19, but it's never impossible to stumble across an example in the Auction House.
Found on: Category:Spell Lore items
Spell Lore enchantment comes in different strengths, marked with a Roman numeral.
The universal Spell Lore (formerly Arcane Lore) is 10% lower than the corresponding levels single damage type.
|Level||<Type> Lore %||Spell Lore %||Notes|
|XII||22%||12%||Epic Elite equipment at level 28.|
- Thunder-forged Dwarvencraft Lore: 22%
- Greensteel accessories: 13% - 15% lore to a specific element / healing / void
- Alchemical Crafting: 16% to one of Kinetic / Void / Sonic / Healing / Radiance + 16 % to one element
- ToEE Crafting: 13% / 23% to one element
- Cannith Crafting: 6% - 23% available for any single type; 1% - 13% available for all types.
- Slave Lords Crafting: 10% - 27% available for any single type.
- Epic Noxious Embers Spell Lore XVII
Few rare items offer insight bonus to the spell lore:
- Libram of Silver Magic
- Thunder-Forged two-handed weapons with Dragon's Blessing, Focus or Spell Penetration (Tier 2)
- Golden Orb of Death
- Golden Orb of Death (Level 26)