|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
Intelligence determines how well your Player Character learns and reasons. This ability is important for wizards or artificers as it affects how many spell points they have, how hard their spells are to resist, and how powerful their spells can be. It's also important for any character who wants to have a wide assortment of skills.
- Disable Device, Repair, and Search skill checks. These are the skills that have Intelligence as their key ability.
- The amount of bonus spell points you gain as a wizard or artificer.
- The number of skill points gained each level.
At first level (character creation), the number of skill points given is equal to (Class modifier + Intelligence modifier) * 4. At each further level gained in a class, a character receives a number of skill points equal to Class modifier + Intelligence modifier (with a minimum of 1 skill point).
Note: Even if your Player Character's race starts with 6 Intelligence (Half-Orc), and your Player Character's class gets 2 base skill points per level (Cleric, Favored Soul, Fighter, Paladin, Sorcerer, or Wizard), your Player Character will still get 1 skill point each level.
 Raising Intelligence Scores
You can raise your Intelligence score from different sources, among them:
- During character creation, you can add up to 10 points to your basic Intelligence score, which means:
- At the 4th, 8th, 12th, 16th, 20th and 24th levels, you are allowed to raise a single ability by 1 point.
- Inherent bonus
- Feat Bonus
- Class Enhancements
- Wizards can increase their Intelligence score (by up to +3) through the Wizard Intelligence enhancement
- Wizards can also increase their Intelligence score by +2 with the Wizard Master of Magic Capstone enhancement
- Artificers can increase their Intelligence score (by up to +3) through Artificer Intelligence enhancement
- Any Half-Elf with the Wizard Dilettante feat can increase its Intelligence by +1 (counts as a class increase)
- Racial Enhancements - Two races allow to raise the Intelligence score via enhancements:
- Completionist feat - bonus +2 to all abilities.
- The epic feat Great Intelligence grants a stacking +1 bonus to Intelligence. (May be taken twice.)
- Class Enhancements
- Enchanted Bonus - Unless noted otherwise, bonuses within a single category do not stack.
- Enhancement bonus - Items may come with a +1 to +8 bonus to Intelligence. See Category:Intelligence items.
- Exceptional bonus - Some rare items may come with a +1 exceptional bonus. See Category:Exceptional Intelligence items.
- Insight bonus - Some items may come with a +2 or +3 Insightful Intelligence. See Category:Insightful Intelligence items. Upgraded rings from the Tower of Despair raid can also grant +2 Insightful Intelligence.
- Artifact bonus - Guild Airship buff shrines for intelligence provide a +1 or +2 artifact bonus
- Yugo Pot bonus - The Yugoloth mercenary potion, Essences of Cunning, adds a +2 bonus to Intelligence for 15 minutes (but decreases your fortification by 50%).
- Alchemical bonus - The House Deneith Collector, Magda Yarrowmill, may provide a Potion of Knowledge +1 - +3 alchemical bonus to Intelligence, in exchange for particular collectables.
- Epic Destinies
- Lich form bonus -- This Pale Master enhancement adds +2 bonus to intelligence when in Lich form. This is an untyped bonus, thus fully stacking.
- Competence bonus -- The Inspire Excellence epic bard song grants a +2 competence bonus to all ability scores.
- Profane bonus
- Litany of the Dead trinket from the Ascension Chamber Warded Chest provides a bonus of +1 to all abilities, including Intelligence.
- Consuming White, Black, Red, Blue and Green Abishai Gingerbread Cookie from the Jester of Festivult event at the same time gives you a +4 profane bonus to Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma for 10 minutes.
 Changes that influence the number of skill points gained:
As noted above, you can get raises for your Intelligence score from different sources. However, only some of these changes will influence the number of skill points that the character will generate at each new level. The only sources of skill point gain are:
- At Character Creation
- Level-ups (maximum raise by 6 points) -- On 4th, 8th, 12th, 16th, 20th, and 24th level, you are allowed to raise a single ability by 1 point. If you invest in Intelligence and the ability score moves to an even number, the change will raise the number of skill points gained on that level and every level thereafter.
- Tomes (maximum raise by 5 points at the moment) -- Tome of Clear Thought or Supreme Tome of +1-5 will raise the Intelligence score by the appropriate value. If the ability score moves to the next even number or further, the change will raise the number of skill points gained on the next level and every level thereafter. (For reincarnated characters, tome benefits are applied before assigning skills.)
Skill points are not awarded retroactively; it will function only for the levels then on.
 Theoretical maximum
Actual theoretical maximum for Intelligence is 80:
- 20 Drow
- +6 Level-up
- +5 Tome
- +3 Wizard
- +2 Capstone
- +2 Completionist
- +8 Enhancement
- +3 Insight
- +1 Exceptional
- +2 Ship
- +4 Profane
- +3 Alchemical
- +2 Competence
- +2 Epic Feat
- +2 Yugoloth
- +2 Lich
- +2 DDO Store Pot
- +10 Royalty
- +3 Twists