Palace of Stone
|Requires access to : Heart of Madness|
|Palace of Stone|
|Takes place in:||Palace of Stone|
|Bestowed by:||Housewarming Invitation|
|NPC contact:||Durk the Deranged|
|Quest acquired in:||The Twelve|
|Free to Play:||No|
You've received a mysterious invitation to a housewarming by an unknown patron.
- To access the quest, open the Housewarming Invitation in your inventory. If you need another invitation, get one from Durk the Deranged in the enclave of The Twelve, near the airship tower.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Explore the Halls of Reflection
- Visit the Galleries of Motion
- Tour the Museum of Stone
- Investigate Orlassk's Palace of Stone
- Defeat the Avatars of Orlassk
- (Optional) Defeat Basalt the Gargoyle
- (Optional) Defeat Scarp the Stone Guardian
All traps in the quest are fixed and not disarmable.
- Rolling boulders
- Pressure plates (fire jets)
Tips and Misc
- There are many Stone Golems in this quest, which have Damage Reduction 5-20/Adamantine. You may want to be familiar with their (many) strengths and (few) weaknesses, as they are a Construct type.
- The gargoyles in the central room don't activate if you stick to the paths.
- To kill the optional gargoyle Basalt, jump off the eastern wall of the central platform.
- Note that you will have a long swim through lava to get to the path back up on the west side of the platform, or need Dimension Door. Fire Resistance 30 absorbs most of the damage. Don't fall into lava.
- Collect three crests: one in each northern wing and one in the southern. Place crests into slots in the central room.
- In the northwest wing, the "Wing of Reflection", are many red pressure plates which trigger ambushes or fire jets.
- In the final rooms, there are also several golden/bronze-colored pressure plates (not shown on map), which open secret doors or hidden mirrors which can be used to trick the medusas into killing themselves.
- Near the base of the southern stairs, against the bars, is one that opens the secret door on the other side of the bars.
- Continue east and defeat 3 Avatars of Orlassk to complete the quest.
- Aggression bonus: 160 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 208 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 256 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 12 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Chests: 3
- One optional for defeating Basalt the Gargoyle
- One for defeating Scarp the Stone Guardian
- One end chest
- Collectables: 5
- Adventurer's Pack by Basalt
- Fungus in SE corner of Museum of Stone
- Crude Altar in Halls of Reflection
- Rubble in the Galleries of Motion
- Fungus in hallway before the boss room
- NPC rewards:
Named Chest Drop
|Stone Lord (NoPic)||Humanoid||Human|
|Basalt (view)||Monstrous Humanoid||Gargoyle|
|Scarp (NoPic)||Construct||Animated Object|
|Animated Mudball (NoPic)||Construct||Animated Object|
|Animated Rock (NoPic)||Construct||Animated Object|
|Stone Crusher Golem (NoPic)||Construct||Golem|
|Xorian Gargoyle (NoPic)|
|Xorian Medusa (view)||Monstrous Humanoid||Medusa|