This article is underlinked:
This article needs more links to other articles to help integrate it into the encyclopedia. Please help improve this article by adding links that are relevant to the context within the existing text. (February 2016)
A construct is an animated object or artificially constructed creature.
Note: A Living Construct is a very different type of enemy, though they possess some of these traits, they differ in many ways, check their entry for more specific details.
A construct has the following features.
- 10-sided Hit Dice.
- Base attack bonus equal to ¾ total Hit Dice (as cleric).
- No good saving throws.
- Skill points equal to (2 + Int modifier, minimum 1) per Hit Die, with quadruple skill points for the first Hit Die, if the construct has an Intelligence score. However, most constructs are mindless and gain no skill points or feats.
- Usually True Neutral Alignment. There are a few exceptions, generally just named bosses can vary.
|Construct Size||Bonus Hit Points|
A construct possesses the following traits (unless otherwise noted in a creature’s entry).
- No Constitution score.
- Immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects).
- Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, stunning, disease, death effects, and necromancy effects.
- Cannot heal damage on their own, but often can be repaired by exposing them to a certain kind of effect. A construct with the fast healing special quality still benefits from that quality.
- Not subject to critical hits, nonlethal damage, ability damage, ability drain, fatigue, exhaustion, or energy drain.
- Immunity to any effect that requires a Fortitude save (unless the effect also works on objects, or is harmless).
- Not at risk to most insta-death effects (a few special ones still work), but are instead vulnerable to smiting effects. Immediately destroyed when reduced to 0 hit points or less.
- Since it was never alive, a construct cannot be raised or resurrected. (Living-Constructs may)
- Because its body is a mass of unliving matter, a construct is hard to destroy. It gains bonus hit points based on size, as shown on the table.
- Proficient with its natural weapons only, unless generally humanoid in form, in which case *proficient with any weapon mentioned in its entry.
- Proficient with no armor.
- Constructs do not eat, sleep, or breathe.
<ncl>Construct type monsters</ncl>
Sources: ©1995-2004 Wizards of the Coast, Inc. Revised (3.5) System Reference Document which is considered Open Game Content under the Open Game License. Viewable at: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20/article/20040121a