Assault on Summerfield
|Assault on Summerfield is the 1st quest in the Attack on Stormreach .|
|The first three quests can be completed in any order to unlock Siegebreaker.|
|Assault on Summerfield • Blockade Buster • Undermine • Siegebreaker|
Summerfield is one of Stormreach's outlying districts. Droaam's army is trying to break through its crumbling walls and lightly defended gate.
|Requires access to : Attack on Stormreach|
|Assault on Summerfield|
|Takes place in:||Summerfield District|
|Bestowed by:||Yorrick Amanatu|
|NPC contact:||Yorrick Amanatu|
|Quest acquired in:||Lordsmarch Palace|
|Patron:||The Coin Lords|
|Purchase:||Attack on Stormreach or VIP|
Droaam army is attacking the walls of Stormreach. The city's defenders are holding their own, but nothing has been heard from the Summerfield district for some time.
Coin Lord Yorrick Amanatu wants you to go to the Summerfield district and defend the walls. You can reach Summerfield via Lordsmarch Plaza, by going up the stairs leading from the northern alcove there.
Spoiler Warning: Spoiler material below this point!
- Speak with Captain Markus upon the defensive wall
- Defeat the Droaam Assault (Slay 22)
- Slay Droaam soldiers looting Summerfield (Slay 20)
- Return behind the defensive wall and lock down the sally port
- Repel the Droaam Flankers (Slay 6)
- Defeat General Tagherist
- (Optional) Captain Markus survives the siege — Bonus (10%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Defeat the Half-orc sniper, Genthro Marhon (rare) — Bonus (10%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Kill Yenar, the Medusa infiltrator (rare) — Bonus (10%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Kill Khin Broketusk — Bonus (10%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Rescue Wounded Stormreach Guards (Rescue 5) — Bonus (10%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Rescue more Wounded Stormreach Guards (Rescue 5) — Bonus (10%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Rescue the remaining Wounded Stormreach Guards (Rescue 5) — Bonus (10%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Slay additional Droaam soldiers looting Summerfield (Slay 6) — Bonus (10%): Heroic Epic
What to Expect
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Protect an NPC (optional: Captain Marcus)
- Randomly placed NPCs (optional: Wounded Stormreach Guards)
- Two traps in two of the houses (Carlo's Bookshop, Basement Apartment) in the district. Trap control panels are at some easy-to-overlook places at the top of cabinets.
Tips and Misc
Once inside the quest, go right, up the ramp to the upper walkways, and find and speak with Captain Markus there.
- There are several houses that can be entered (marked on your in-game map). They contain several secret doors and hidden passages, one that is easy to overlook is opened by a rune inside of a trapped fireplace.
- Wounded Guards can be found inside of houses and on the roofs of some buildings, it can be tricky finding them all if you don't search methodically. There is a total of 16, but only 15 are needed to complete the 3 optionals.
- You don't have to go to the outer region of the town to complete the Quest, you can return after killing 20 Droaam.
- As soon as you leave the sally port back into town and flip the lever, several monsters will spawn. The Boss, General Tagherist, will spawn right after that.
- Most likely due to the large amount of environmental effects (fires, smoke, etc), some people have experienced some unusual (although usually not gamebreaking) amounts of lag in this quest.
- Aggression bonus: 79 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 105 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 1 or more trap disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Observance bonus: 1 or more secret door discovered +8% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 52 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 67 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 83 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 3–7 (several do not spawn until adventure completion, then spawn near where you first met Marcus)
- 1 optional for keeping Captain Markus alive
- 1 optional for killing Khin Broketusk (doesn't always spawn)
- 1 optional for killing Yenar (Medusa, doesn't always spawn)
- 1 optional for killing Genthro Marhon (Half-Orc, doesn't always spawn)
- 1 south of the south gate, in the water, next to the boat and resembling a clam
- 1 optional for killing the Siegemaster (doesn't always spawn, found south of the south gate)
- 1 at the end for killing General Tagherist (Ogre)
- Collectables: 14
- 2 Cabinets inside the basement apartment
- Bookshelf inside the basement apartment
- Mushroom near the fallen shrines
- Mushroom near the fountain
- Mold a little south of the fountain
- Mushroom a little south of the fountain
- 2 Bookshelves inside Carlo's bookshop
- Fungus near southern shrines
- Fungus near wounded soldier outside the gates
- Mushroom near the bridge outside the gates
- Mold near the boat on the river
- Mushroom near another wounded soldier outside the gates
- NPC rewards: Standard. Choose from 4.
Named Chest Drop
||Stormsinger Cloak ( )||Cloak||
||12||Assault on Summerfield, Captain Markus' chest and optional chests|
||Scepter of the Ogre Magi ( )||Club||
||12||Assault on Summerfield, end chest|
||Legendary Stormsinger Cloak ( )||Cloak||
||31||Assault on Summerfield, Captain Markus' chest and optional chests|
||Legendary Scepter of the Ogre Magi ( )||Club||
||31||Assault on Summerfield, end chest|
|Name ( picture )||CR||Type||Race|
|Droaam Combat Engineer ( view • )||Reptilian||Kobold|
|Droaam Conscript ( view • )||Orc||Half-Orc|
|Droaam Digger ( view • )||Reptilian||Kobold|
|Droaam Gnoll Archer ( view • )||Gnoll||Gnoll|
|Droaam Infantry ( view • )||Orc||Orc|
|Droaam Siegemaster ( view • )||Gnoll||Gnoll|
|Droaam Skirmisher ( view • )||Orc||Half-Orc|
|Droaam Vanguard ( view • )||Giant||Ogre|
|Droaam Warmage (gnoll) ( view • )||Gnoll||Gnoll|
|Droaam Warpriest ( view • )||Gnoll||Gnoll|
|General Tagherist ( view • )||Giant||Ogre|
|Genthro Marhon ( view • )||Orc||Orc|
|Khin Broketusk ( view • )||Orc||Orc|
|Yenar ( view • )||Monstrous Humanoid||Medusa|