What Sleeps Below
A villager had haunting dreams of a spirit calling for help from a warehouse in Crabber's Cove. He went to investigate and saw robed figures drag a pair of captives inside. Terrified, he wants you to look into it.
|Requires access to : Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh|
|What Sleeps Below|
|Takes place in:||Crabbers' Cove*|
|NPC contact:||Bostwick Guern|
|Quest acquired in:||Saltmarsh|
|Free to Play:||No|
Bostwick has seen an apparition around the warehouse. While he was attempting to see it better, he saw that some scoundrels took captives into the warehouse. Are those things related, maybe you should check it out.
- Discover the source of the apparition
- Locate the first captive (Davi Moren)
- Speak to the first captive
- Gain access to the basement
- Gain access to the underground caverns
- Locate the second captive (Luce Stargazer)
- Speak to the second captive
- Gain access to the Scarlet Brotherhood complex
- Enter the Scarlet Brotherhood Complex
- Locate the source of the chanting
- Defeat the Summoned Devil
- Defeat Melith, the Brotherhood Elder
- Speak to the apparition
- (Optional) Read all the notes (5) — Bonus (15%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Decipher the book — Bonus (15%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Defeat Wrecks the Guard Worg — Bonus (10%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Defeat Zelnath the Red-handed — Bonus (10%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Defeat Saltspinner — Bonus (10%): Heroic Epic
- 4 Pressure plates around the Locked chest
Tips and Misc
- Decipher the book
- Wisdom check needed to read the Ancient Tome at the end of the quest. 20 Wisdom, not sufficient on elite.
- The Ancient Tome reads: This book explains that the creature within this gate can only be released by someone who is pure of heart and kind of spirit. This creature is most foul and a heavy cost was paid to trap this creature here.
- Zelnath the Red-handed, Wrecks and Saltspinner are mutually exclusive - exactly one spawns each run.
- Zelnath is in the armoury in the final area.
- Saltspinner is in the little cavern to the north of the four-way junction.
- Wrecks is the stairs down in the room to the right when you enter the big room with the two boats hanging on the wall.
- Aggression bonus: 56 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 75 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 2 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 3 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 4 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 18 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 23 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 28 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 3
- One after killing Wrecks, Zelnath or Saltspinner (whichever spawns)
- One in the secret room in the northern building (locked)
- One End Chest
- Collectables: 7
- Reagents Cabinet - first room east balcony
- Rubble - second room east balcony
- Rubble - Scarlet Brotherhood complex, most north east room
- Adventurer's Pack - Scarlet Brotherhood complex, approx. midth
- Rubble - Scarlet Brotherhood complex, approx. midth
- Fungus - underground caverns, north pocket
- Reagents Cabinet - near second shrine
- NPC rewards:
Named Chest Drop
||Smash 'n Grabber ( )||Small shield||
||3||What Sleeps Below, end chest|
||Cinderfingers ( )||Gloves||
||3||Epic version of []|
||Saltiron Bracer ( )||Bracers||
||3||What Sleeps Below, end chest|
||Legendary Saltiron Bracer ( )||Bracers||
||30||Legendary version of Epic Saltiron Bracer|
|Name ( picture • New Monster )||CR||Type||Race|
|Hell Hound Sentinel ( view • )||Evil Outsider||Hellhound|
|Melith ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Saltmarsh Rat ( view • )||Animal||Rat|
|Saltspinner ( view • )||Vermin||Spider|
|Scarlet Brotherhood Apprentice ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Scarlet Brotherhood Channeler ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Scarlet Brotherhood Crusher ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Scarlet Brotherhood Skirmisher ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Scarlet Brotherhood Warrior ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Smuggler Deck Boss ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Smuggler Deck Hand ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Smuggler Lookout ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Smuggler Sneak ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Summoned Creature ( view • )||Evil Outsider||Devil|
|Wrecks ( view • )||Magical Beast||Wolf|
|Zelnath the Red-handed ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|