The Curse and the Captive Crustacean
|The Curse and the Captive Crustacean is the 1st quest in the Curses of the Kopru .|
|These quests can be completed in any order.|
|The Curse and the Captive Crustacean • Plundering Pirates' Point • Bullywugs and Booby Traps • Fall of the Forbidden Temple|
The Kopru keep the Dread Monolith of the Vile Tongue on this island, protected by an unusually large and fierce Crab.
|Requires access to : The Isle of Dread|
|The Curse and the Captive Crustacean|
|Takes place in:||Crab Island|
|Quest acquired in:||Village of Tanaroa|
|Free to Play:||No|
Go to Crab Island by using the canoe in the village of Tanaroa, then attune to the Monolith there.
This applies the 'Attunement of the Vile Tongue' which is needed to dispel one of the curses protecting the Forbidden Temple.
- Speak with Owen Reeves
- Infiltrate the Kopru Encampment
- Ballista the crab when it exposes its belly
- Defeat the Koprus' Lieutenants
- Defeat the Kopru Officer
- Receive the attunement from the curse ward monolith
- (Optional) Defeat the Allosaurus — Bonus (20%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Defeat Scuttles the Destroyer — Bonus (30%): Heroic Epic
Tips and Misc
- The general aim in the Crab fight is to use the ballistae to try and overturn or incapacitate the 'angry giant crab'. Simple enough; unlock and prime the ballista (using the Tile puzzle and levers). Then use the ballista to fire at a large numbered circular target, hopefully whilst the crab is positioned in front of the said relevant target.
- Make sure you wait until the crab is positioned directly in front of the correct target before firing. Because each time you fire an arrow from a ballista its associated tile puzzle resets.
- Each of the four ballistae has a coloured flag behind it; to help indicate which specific coloured circular target face it aims and fires towards. You don't manually aim; the missile is designed to hit the paired corresponding circular target face of the same matching colour as the ballista's flag.
- The ballistae are also numbered with Roman numerals: Ⅰ, Ⅱ, Ⅲ or Ⅳ on the stone base tile near the puzzle levers. The number displayed upon the circular target face have the Roman numerals: Ⅰ, Ⅱ, Ⅲ and Ⅳ, again allowing you to see which target the ballista arrow will hit when fired.
- The "puzzles" in front of each ballista are random but easily solved. Usually two levers match to flip the three bars, in rare cases all three levers have to be used.
- The crab has four stages:
- Digged in
- Showing at one of the targets
- Raising belly
- Dropping and using a trip attack in its range
- The number displayed upon the circular target face, and the number of the ballista must match to hit the crab.
- Try and keep the number of reinforcements down. You will miss a lot of shots due to interrupted lever pulls, and since waves spawn while pre-existing enemies are still in the arena, you are rather at risk of being overwhelmed otherwise.
- Similarly, if confronting the crab, make sure to clean the arena out first.
- Allosaurus optional
- Go right around the fort to find this dinosaur.
- The Allosaurus likes jumping to the side. This gets very irritating if using ranged weaponry.
- Aggression bonus: 41 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 53 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 65 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 8 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 10 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 12 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Notes: Any aggression bonus requires to kill several waves of reinforcements before shooting the crab
- Chests: 2
- chest for defeating Allosaurus
- End chest
- Collectables: none
- NPC rewards:
Named Chest Drop
|Name ( picture • New Monster )||CR||Type||Race|
|Dozing Allosaurus ( view • )||Animal||Dinosaur|
|Dread Celiophysis ( view • )||Animal||Dinosaur|
|Dread Velociraptor ( view • )||Animal||Dinosaur|
|Marauder Skirmisher ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Marauder Sorcerer ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Marauder Warrior ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Newell Barret ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Scuttles the Destroyer ( view • )||Vermin||Crab|
|The Mellifluent Calamity ( view • )||Aberration||Kopru|
|The Shambolic Dominion ( view • )||Aberration||Kopru|