Plundering Pirates' Point
|Plundering Pirates' Point is the 2nd quest in the Curses of the Kopru .|
|These quests can be completed in any order.|
|The Curse and the Captive Crustacean • Plundering Pirates' Point • Bullywugs and Booby Traps • Fall of the Forbidden Temple|
Surrounded by cursed waters, the fortress on Pirate Point is difficult nut to crack. Doran of the Hawk and his warriors tried to break in, but have been captured. Now it's up to you to save them - and gain access to the Dread Monolith of the Broken Body.
|Requires access to : The Isle of Dread|
|Plundering Pirates' Point|
|Takes place in:||Pirates' Point|
|Quest acquired in:||Village of Tanaroa|
|Purchase:||The Isle of Dread|
Travel to Pirates' Point, defeat the pirates, and attune to the Monolith there.
This applies the 'Attunement of the Broken Body' which is needed to dispel one of the curses protecting the Forbidden Temple.
Spoiler Warning: Spoiler material below this point!
- Find Doran of the Hawk
- Speak with Doran of the Hawk
- Ring the gong to sound the alarm
- Find the Commodore's House
- Defeat Captain Keira
- Enter the Commodore's Hut
- Defeat Commodore Alaina
- Find the Monolith
- Touch the Monolith
- (Optional) Release Imprisoned Islanders (7) — Bonus (15%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Destroy the Cursed Totems (3) — Bonus (20%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Defeat the pirates resupplying the ship — Bonus (15%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Release More Imprisoned Islanders (7) — Bonus (10%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Defeat Tamer Zanne — Bonus (15%): Heroic Epic
- The water deals cold damage until the Cursed Totems are destroyed.
- 11 Bear Traps (visible) on the path towards the Commodore's Hut.
- 3 combinations of fire jet, Bear Traps (visible) and spinning blades in the tunnel towards last chamber.
Tips and Misc
- The first thing to understand about this quest is that a swim in the water will very quickly prove deadly. The water heavily slows anyone foolhardy enough to jump in and also deals heavy cold damage. Unless the water has been purified, be very careful when crossing any jetties.
- Three Cursed Totems are situated on jetties around the point. They can be destroyed by using either brute force, UMD or Spellcraft. Brute force, however, spawns an orange-named Shadow guardian. Clearing the final totem awards an optional and purifies the cove's waters, also allowing safe access to the locked underwater chest by the shipwreck.
- This quest is a sniper's paradise. There are many points, with a sufficient Jump skill and Feather Fall, to reach buildings and rock formations where you can deliver ranged attacks with impunity, with no ability for melee enemies to reach you.
- If you're using Knock, you can open the underwater chest by standing on the nearby mast of the shipwreck.
- The slope up to Alaina's hut is a death trap, with Bear traps and archers everywhere. Consider bringing ranged weaponry or sending a rogue in to trigger the traps harmlessly – if you get caught in one, you're in trouble.
- For sniping the Commodore's Hut, clear the enemies prepping the bear traps, then have anyone in party with sufficient stealth to approach the porch of the hut. This activates the enemies so they can be sniped.
- Once in the hut, pull the lever behind the bar and head down into the cave to fight the boss and attune to the monolith. Be careful of the fire traps on the way down.
- Bug: The resurrection shrine prior to the commander's hut does not always work with hirelings or pets.
- Tamer Zanne is in a fenced-off area with a large number of tamed dinosaurs.
- The ship being resupplied is at a jetty in the main area; take a left turn after the gate with the gong. The orange-named quartermaster spawns after the first wave of pirates are dead.
- The islanders are scattered around the map. There are fourteen in total: five in the initial entry area with the gong, six in the main complex, and three in Commodore Alaina's hut. See the map for locations.
- Map note: The two prisoners south of the Commodore's Hut may also visit a nearby shelter.
- Also note that one of the three islanders in the hut is well-hidden behind some shelves just west of the entrance.
- On Legendary only a portal to a submerged cabin can be found south of the underwater chest and the rubble.
- In the cabin is a Dark Secret – one of the six wild ones hidden around the Isle of Dread. There is otherwise only a collectable, although finding this Dark Secret was key to discovering the secret ending of Skeletons in the Closet.
- Aggression bonus: 106 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 138 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 9 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 12 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 15 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 34 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 45 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 55 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 3
- Locked chest under water near 3rd Totem
- For defeating Tamer Zanne
- End chest + 5 Piles of Gold
- NPC rewards: standard
Named Chest Drop
This quest may also drop the following named augments:
- Legendary Arrowbound Topaz
- Legendary Brightbane Emerald
- Legendary Coalescent Ruby
- Legendary Demonheart Emerald
- Legendary Silvertongue Sapphire
- Legendary Swordcrossed Topaz
- Legendary Undying Sapphire
- Legendary Wraithborn Emerald
- Topaz of Abjuration Power
- Topaz of Conjured Power
- Topaz of Enchanted Power
- Topaz of Evocation Power
- Topaz of Illusory Power
- Topaz of Necromantic Power
- Topaz of Transmuted Power
|Name ( picture )||CR||Type||Race|
|Captain Keira ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Commodore Alaina ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Dark Secret ( view • )||Aberration||Will o' Wisp|
|Dread Pirate Apprentice Tamer ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Dread Pirate Celiophysis ( view • )||Animal||Dinosaur|
|Dread Pirate Laborer ( view • )||Undead||Skeleton|
|Dread Pirate Lookout ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Dread Pirate Marine ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Dread Pirate Mate ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Dread Pirate Polacanthus ( view • )||Animal||Dinosaur|
|Dread Pirate Quartermaster ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Dread Pirate Raider ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Dread Pirate Raptor ( view • )||Animal||Dinosaur|
|Dread Pirate Sneak ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Dread Pirate Sorcerer ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Tamer Zanne ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Totem Guardian ( view • )||Undead||Shadow|