Plundering Pirates' Point
|Plundering Pirates' Point is the 2nd quest in the Curses of the Kopru .|
|These quests can be completed in any order.|
|The Curse and the Captive Crustacean • Plundering Pirates' Point • Bullywugs and Booby Traps • Fall of the Forbidden Temple|
Surrounded by cursed waters, the fortress on Pirate Point is difficult nut to crack. Doran of the Hawk and his warriors tried to break in, but have been captured. Now it's up to you to save them - and gain access to the Dread Monolith of the Broken Body.
|Requires access to : The Isle of Dread|
|Plundering Pirates' Point|
|Takes place in:||Pirates' Point|
|Quest acquired in:||Village of Tanaroa|
|Free to Play:||No|
Travel to Pirates' Point, defeat the pirates, and attune to the Monolith there.
This applies the 'Attunement of the Broken Body' which is needed to dispel one of the curses protecting the Forbidden Temple.
- Find Doran of the Hawk
- Speak with Doran of the Hawk
- Ring the gong to sound the alarm
- Find the Commodore's House
- Defeat Captain Keira
- Enter the Commodore's Hut
- Defeat Commodore Alaina
- Find the Monolith
- Touch the Monolith
- (Optional) Release Imprisoned Islanders (7) — Bonus (15%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Destroy the Cursed Totems (3) — Bonus (20%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Defeat the pirates resupplying the ship — Bonus (15%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Release More Imprisoned Islanders (7) — Bonus (10%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Defeat Tamer Zanne — Bonus (15%): Heroic Epic
- The water deals cold damage until the Cursed Totems are destroyed.
- 11 Bear Traps (visible) on the path towards the Commodore's Hut.
- 3 combinations of fire jet, Bear Traps (visible) and spinning blades in the tunnel towards last chamber.
Tips and Misc
- The first thing to understand about this quest is that a swim in the water will very quickly prove deadly. The water heavily slows anyone foolhardy enough to jump in and also deals heavy cold damage. Unless the water has been purified, be very careful when crossing any jetties.
- Three Cursed Totems are situated on jetties around the point. They can be destroyed by using either brute force, UMD or Spellcraft. Brute force, however, spawns an orange-named Shadow guardian. Clearing the final totem awards an optional and purifies the cove's waters, also allowing safe access to the locked underwater chest by the shipwreck.
- This quest is a sniper's paradise. There are many points, with a sufficient Jump skill and Feather Fall, to reach buildings and rock formations where you can deliver ranged attacks with impunity, with no ability for melee enemies to reach you.
- If you're using Knock, you can open the underwater chest by standing on the nearby mast of the shipwreck.
- The slope up to Alaina's hut is a deathtrap, with beartraps and archers everywhere. Consider bringing ranged weaponry or sending a rogue in to trigger the traps harmlessly - if you get caught in one, you're in trouble.
- For sniping the Commodore's Hut, clear the enemies prepping the bear traps, then have anyone in party with sufficient stealth to approach the porch of the hut. This activates the enemies so they can be sniped.
- Once in the hut, pull the lever behind the bar and head down into the cave to fight the boss and attune to the monolith. Be careful of the fire traps on the way down.
- Tamer Zanne is in a fenced-off area with a large number of tamed dinosaurs.
- The ship being resupplied is at a jetty in the main area; take a left turn after the gate with the gong. The orange-named quartermaster spawns after the first wave of pirates are dead.
- The islanders are scattered around the map. There are fourteen in total: five in the initial entry area with the gong, six in the main complex, and three in Commodore Alaina's hut. See the map for locations.
- Map note: The two prisoners south of the Commodore's Hut have been relocated to a nearby shelter.
- Also note that the two islanders in the hut are well-hidden - use Q (the default key for selecting interactables) to locate them. They should both be in the hut itself - if you get to a cave, you've gone too far.
- Aggression bonus: 106 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 138 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 9 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 12 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 15 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 34 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 45 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 55 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 3
- Locked chest under water near 3rd Totem
- For defeating Tamer Zanne
- End chest + 5 Piles of Gold
- Collectables: 5
- Adventurer's pack on the ship
- Rubble under water south of Totem
- Fungus east of Commodore's house
- Adventurer's pack near End chest
- Adventurer's pack near exit
- NPC rewards:
Named Chest Drop
|Name ( picture • New Monster )||CR||Type||Race|
|Captain Keira ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Commodore Alaina ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Dark Secret ( view • )||Aberration||Will o' Wisp|
|Dread Pirate Apprentice Tamer ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Dread Pirate Celiophysis ( view • )||Animal||Dinosaur|
|Dread Pirate Laborer ( view • )||Undead||Skeleton|
|Dread Pirate Lookout ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Dread Pirate Marine ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Dread Pirate Mate ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Dread Pirate Polacanthus ( view • )||Animal||Dinosaur|
|Dread Pirate Quartermaster ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Dread Pirate Raider ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Dread Pirate Raptor ( view • )||Animal||Dinosaur|
|Dread Pirate Sneak ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Dread Pirate Sorcerer ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Tamer Zanne ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Totem Guardian ( view • )||Undead||Shadow|