This crude river fort is the base for the Grul orc tribe's recent attacks on Stormreach.
|Takes place in:||Grul Tribe Outpost|
|Bestowed by:||Pearl Drumling|
|NPC contact:||Pearl Drumling|
|Quest acquired in:||The Harbor|
|Patron:||The Free Agents|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
Orcs from the Grul tribe have taken Lady Azdel and her bodyguards captive. Travel to the Grul tribe outpost to the east of the Cerulean Hills and free the captives.
- Find the entrance to the orc outpost
- Free Lady Azdel and her two bodyguards
- Slay Gravnok the orc commander
- (Optional) Kill Captain Guldag — Bonus (15%): Heroic
- (Optional) Kill Captain Maknul — Bonus (15%): Heroic
- (Optional) Kill Captain Parnash — Bonus (20%): Heroic
- (Optional) Kill Captain Griznuk — Bonus (20%): Heroic
- (Optional) Kill Oozo — Bonus (15%): Heroic
Tips and Misc
- The river is full of hidden Orc Scouts; between their stealth and the foliage, it can be difficult to find them, even when they start shooting at you. Don't allow the ranging units to lure you into a bigger fight than you want.
- If you have feather fall you can avoid the fights on the bridge, just jump north once you zone in.
- If you free Lady Azdel and her guards, Termon and Milni, they will help with the fight. The guards are on the eastern and northwestern sides of the island, whilst Lady Azdel herself is on the southwestern end. They all appear to be Sorcerers or Wizards and will deal decent damage and sometimes cast buffs on your party. While they can't die, they can be knocked down. If they're knocked out, speak to them and tell them to get up and fight. They'll then stumble back to their feet and rejoin the fight at full health. They all have their own spell sets and combat style as detailed on their individual pages. Some example spells they cast include Bear's Endurance, Blur, Haste, Frost Lance, and Fireball.
- Oozo may appear near the beginning, under the shorter bridge.
- Guldag and Griznuk will never spawn together. However if Guldag doesn't spawn, Griznuk is guaranteed to spawn and vice versa.
- Maknul and Parnash will never spawn together. However if Maknul doesn't spawn, Parnash is guaranteed to spawn and vice versa.
- Devious bonus: 8 or fewer monsters killed +7% Bonus.
- Discreet bonus: 16 or fewer monsters killed +5% Bonus.
- Aggression bonus: 40 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 52 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 64 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 16 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 21 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 26 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Notes: The insidious cunning bonus is unobtainable due to the required kill of Gravnok.
- Chests: 3 - 4
- 1 optional chest for killing Oozo (doesn't always spawn, found near the beginning, under the shorter bridge)
- 1 optional chest for killing Guldag (doesn't always spawn, mutually exclusive with Griznuk chest, found on the first island in the river)
- 1 optional chest for killing Griznuk (doesn't always spawn, mutually exclusive with Guldag chest, found near the first shrine)
- 1 optional chest for killing Maknul (doesn't always spawn, mutually exclusive with Parnash chest, found just past the second gate)
- 1 optional chest for killing Parnash (doesn't always spawn, mutually exclusive with Maknul chest, found a little farther past the second gate, where the river turns north)
- 1 end chest for killing Gravnok
- Collectables: Three
- Rubble by the waterfall, behind Oozo
- Rubble in the northeast corner of the river, across from the third gate
- Adventurer's Pack in the southeast corner of the island, behind the large tent
- NPC rewards: Random items
Named Chest Drop
||Gravnok's Band ( )||Ring||
||2||The Captives, Gravnok's Chest (End Chest)|
||Tattered Gloves ( )||Gloves||
||2||The Captives, Parnash's Chest or Gravnok's Chest (End Chest)|
||Ooze Guard ( )||Large shield||
||2||The Captives, Oozo's chest|
||Weeping Handwraps ( )||Handwrap||
||2||The Captives, Guldag's chest|
|Name ( picture • New Monster )||CR||Type||Race|
|Black Wolf ( view • )||Animal||Wolf|
|Gravnok ( view • )||Orc||Orc|
|Griznuk ( view • )||Orc||Orc|
|Guldag ( view • )||Orc||Orc|
|Maknul ( view • )||Orc||Orc|
|Oozo ( view • )||Ooze||Gray Ooze|
|Orc Bandit ( view • )||Orc||Orc|
|Orc Barbarian ( view • )||Orc||Orc|
|Orc Cleric ( view • )||Orc||Orc|
|Orc Scout ( view • )||Orc||Orc|
|Orc Warrior ( view • )||QL3:; QL?:||Orc||Orc|
|Orc Wizard ( view • )||Orc||Orc|
|Parnash ( view • )||Orc||Orc|
|Syndicate Muscle ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Wolf ( view • )||Animal||Wolf|