The Maze of Madness
Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
This labyrinth is inhabited by Forsworn minotaurs that have been driven mad from an overexposure to the madstone crater.
|Requires access to : Ruins of Gianthold|
|The Maze of Madness|
|Takes place in:||Minotaur Lair|
|Quest acquired in:||Ruins of Gianthold|
|Patron:||Agents of Argonnessen|
|Free to Play:||No|
The minotaurs that surrounded this underground encampment were more aggressive than most minotaurs you've encountered. This could be attributed to the stories you've heard about the Madstone Crater. Explore this lair, but be careful, getting lost might not be the only thing that drives you mad.
- Reaching Minotaur Encampment entrance automatically bestows quest.
- Speak with No-tar the giant
- Discover the path through the labyrinth
- Slay the agents of insanity (3 total)
- Slay Malkian the Mad
- (Optional) Defeat Eidolon Darkmist — Bonus (15%): Heroic Epic
What to Expect
- Traps (random)
- Maze (fixed layout)
- Randomly placed levers
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Requires extra player(s)/hireling(s) (mandatory: pulling a lever traps the player/hireling that used it but allows the rest of the party to advance, turning a second lever frees the trapped player/hireling)
- (A lot of spike traps and blade traps)
- Map notes: There are many random traps, control panels and levers but because of the sheer number of them (25-30 of each type) they are not marked on the map.
Tips and Misc
- Two players (or a henchman if you're running solo) are required for this quest; there are several spots where you need to flip a switch to open a gate to a new area, but doing so traps you in the room. There will be a switch in the new area to open the door releasing the trapped player (or simply have the henchman teleport to you).
- Useful elemental buffs:
- Normal: electric, fire, sonic
Walkthrough (thanks to Lost Leader)
Work your way through the maze by pulling the correct door-opening lever and finding a couple of secret doors in the rock wall along the way. Anywhere there is more than one lever for a door, there is a trap. Disarm the trap to make it safe to pull all the levers to find the correct ones.
Razor cats have a damage reduction of 10/bludgeon and have a damage shield that does slashing damage on a failed reflex save.
The quest is easy to work through, a small bit of logic will get you through the water gate, other than that it is pretty linear. When you get to the overpass be careful of traps. When you get to the path over the room of the caster, kill him but don’t drop down. Save that trap for last and you can finish out from there.
Head further in, the end room is just down the ramp and ahead. Finish it up, grab your loot, backtrack and drop down to the chest you skipped.
The end chest will have up to 3 Ancient Giant Relic.
Spyderwolf's video walkthrough: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YA95INY2k6U
- Tamper bonus: 9 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 12 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 15 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Observance bonus: 1 or more secret door discovered +8% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 34 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 45 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 55 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 3
- 1 behind a secret door in the eastern cave
- 1 optional in the maze for killing Eidolon Darkmist (Human, found in the North-east part of the maze)
- 1 at the end for killing Malkian the Mad (Minotaur, found in the northern cave)
- NPC rewards: Random item
Named Chest Drop
- ML12: , ,
- ML13: , , with any stat +4
- ML14: , , , with any stat +4
- ML23: , , with any exceptional stat +1,
- ML24: , , with any stat +7 or any insightful stat +2,
- ML25: , , with any stat +7 or any insightful stat +2,
- ML12: 1.5[1d10], 20x3, , , ,
- ML13: 1.5[1d10], 20x3, , , ,
- ML14: 2.0[1d10], 20x3, , , ,
- ML23: 2.5[1d10], 20x3, , , , ,
- ML24: 2.5[1d10], 20x3, , , , ,
- ML25: 3.0[1d10], 20x3, , , , ,
|Name ( picture • New Monster )||CR||Type||Race|
|Arkhat ( view • )||Monstrous Humanoid||Minotaur|
|Donox ( view • )||Monstrous Humanoid||Minotaur|
|Eidolon Darkmist ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Forsworn Aspirant ( view • )||Monstrous Humanoid||Minotaur|
|Forsworn Hero ( view • )||Monstrous Humanoid||Minotaur|
|Forsworn Liege-Lord ( view • )||Monstrous Humanoid||Minotaur|
|Forsworn Mystic ( view • )||Monstrous Humanoid||Minotaur|
|Greater Dust Mephit ( view • )||Air Outsider||Mephit|
|Malkian the Mad ( view • )||Monstrous Humanoid||Minotaur|
|Natoz ( view • )||Monstrous Humanoid||Minotaur|
|Razor Cat ( view • )||Magical Beast||Razor Cat|