Back to Basics
Strange noises echo up from the depths of the ruined tower, believed to have been built in ages past by the great mage, Zenopus. The local villagers have asked you to investigate the ancient tunnels beneath the tower, and put an end to any threats.
|Requires access to : Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh|
|Back to Basics|
|Takes place in:||Ruined Tower Basement*|
|Bestowed by:||Eyrk Hollums|
|NPC contact:||Eyrk Hollums|
|Quest acquired in:||Saltmarsh|
|Free to Play:||No|
Eyrk believes there is smugglers in the old tower. They hear noises coming from there, but what is concerning are the screams heard in the middle of the night. You should go and check it out.
- Explore the Tunnels
- Bypass the Barrier
- Defeat the Mage
- Defeat the Nightmare
- (Optional) Access the Treasure Room — Bonus (10%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Slay the Ancient Flameskull — Bonus (10%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Slay Capitan Eulford — Bonus (10%): Heroic Epic
- Double length, horizontal Blades in the west hallway, Control panels at both ends.
Tips and Misc
- To complete the quest; just run the shortest path clockwise and use the three levers in the rooms you pass through. None of the optionals has to be visited.
- Slay Captain Eulford
- Jump into the fast flowing stream and swim to the very end, Captain Eulford is in a secret room in this area. Before you open the secret door, you can use the purple lever to illuminate one of the three treasure room lights.
- Access the Treasure room
- To open the treasury you need to illuminate three lights.
- Leave the stream at the first opportunity via a rock slope on the right hand side, if you miss this there is a bridge with a ladder shortly after. The blue light switch can be found near to the secret door (Secret door is already in a revealed state) before you get to the bridge. The final switch (green) can be found just through the door after crossing the bridge.
- Slay the Ancient Flameskull
- To summon the flameskull, press the runes beneath the braziers.
- Tamper bonus: 1 or more trap disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Observance bonus: 1 or more secret door discovered +8% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 26 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 34 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 41 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 4
- One for Killing Captain Eulford
- One for Killing the Flameskull
- One in the Treasury
- One End Chest
- Collectables: 4
- Adventurer's Pack in the west room
- Rubble in the middle room
- Rubble in the east room
- Crude Altar in the crypt
- NPC rewards:
Named Chest Drop
||Saltiron Docent ( )||Docent||
||3||Back to Basics, end chest|
||Wind-Swept Buckler ( )||Buckler shield||
||3||Epic version of []|
||Goldcursed Dagger ( )||Dagger||
||3||Back to Basics, end chest|
|Name ( picture • New Monster )||CR||Type||Race|
|Ancient Flameskull ( view • )||Undead||Skeleton|
|Captain Eulford ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Magus Winfred ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Marsh Crawler ( view • )||Vermin||Spider|
|Marsh Ghoul ( view • )||Undead||Ghoul|
|Nightmare (nightmare) ( view • )||Evil Outsider||Devil|
|Saltmarsh Crayfish ( view • )||Vermin||Crayfish|
|Saltmarsh Goblin Shaman ( view • )||Goblinoid||Goblin|
|Saltmarsh Goblin ( view • )||Goblinoid||Goblin|
|Saltmarsh Ooze ( view • )||Ooze||Gray Ooze|
|Saltmarsh Rat ( view • )||Animal||Rat|
|Saltmarsh Skeleton Archer ( view • )||Undead||Skeleton|
|Saltmarsh Skeleton ( view • )||Undead||Skeleton|
|Smuggler Deck Boss ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Smuggler Deck Hand ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Smuggler Lookout ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Smuggler Sneak ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Smuggler Sorceror ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|