Servants of the Overlord
|Servants of the Overlord is the 2nd quest in the Web of Chaos .|
|The Lords of Dust • Servants of the Overlord • The Spinner of Shadows • Beyond the Rift|
Long ago the Demon Overlords were imprisoned inside the vast underworld of Khyber. Since then these unimaginably powerful fiends have been held by the power of the Silver Flame.
|Servants of the Overlord|
|Takes place in:||The Road to Tarath Marad|
|Quest acquired in:||The Harbor|
|Patron:||The Silver Flame|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
The Lords of Dust blew a huge hole in the Harbor wall, exposing a long-hidden entrance to Khyber. A horde of Rakshasas and Drow have entered the breach.
You must follow them and take the Road to Tarath Marad. Once inside, search for Brother Aurelius, a member of the Silver Flame who can help in defeating the Lords of Dust.
- Find Brother Aurelius
- Find the first spider crest
- Find the second spider crest
- Use the two crests to disable the Silver Flame barrier
- Defeat Drow priestess Sabriz Rinzyn Kho
- (Optional) Find a way to open the sealed door — Bonus (10%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Defeat the Fire Reaver Lord — Bonus (20%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Defeat Flamefang and his minions — Bonus (20%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Disrupt the Drow ritual — Bonus (40%): Heroic Epic
- One: An area with narrow walkways and spike-filled pits on either side (no control box).
- One locked chest: Inside locked room near start. Heroic: (Lock DCs); Epic: (Lock DCs).
Tips and Misc
- Khyber Reavers are a special type of Fire Reaver that like to chuck meteors at you from a distance. They primarily deal fire damage, so bring fire resistance.
- Death Ward and Freedom of Movement is often needed against the drow enemies. Anti-stun buffs from a Light Monk against some Rakshasa attacks are also handy.
- The Khyber Reavers and Hellhounds are immune to fire, the Fiendish Spiders are resistant to fire, the Hezrou are immune to electricity.
- There are many ambushes, especially at webs and barriers - keep your guard up. Defeating the ambushes allows you to continue.
- The first encounter starts with an argument between your two opponents, which lasts about 15 seconds. It's an easy fight, but don't trigger boosts too early.
- Just past the first barrier, on the left, there are a couple of levers to open the optional rune-sealed door, with shrines and a locked chest. Getting to the levers requires jumping east across the lava - one lever is low, one is higher up. If you drop down the first point of no return, you will not be able to get back to this chest unless you have Dimension Door.
- The chest open lock DC is a 60 on Heroic, 61 on Epic Elite - enough to make it difficult to Knock, but reasonable to open with a skilled rogue/artificer.
- At the intersection with the ramp down to the spider-crest barrier, the door north leads to the spider crests (via two ladders, one up and one down), and a resurrection shrine (but not a rest shrine). Also through there, on your right, is a quick fight for four collectables. The west passage leads to a dangerous path and Khyber Reavers, and one collectable.
- After unlocking the barrier with the Spider crests, the Transcriptions from the Book of Flame lies in a side passage. It hints to what will happen in the next quest of the chain.
- Just after the spider-crest barrier, you have an option to "Disrupt the Drow ritual" (left and above the main path). This is rated as "extreme difficulty", but if you ignore them, they ignore you. Using this barrier control is unusually slow, and once you begin you will be faced with a series of respawning Khyber Reavers who can/will interrupt you, forcing you to start over. (You can lure the Reavers out of position, but more will respawn when you try to use the lever again.)
- You can sneak up and turn it off without any interruptions, although you need to kill the 1st spawn as they can see you, possibly programmed that way. Sneak of 43 and Hide of 43 plus Invisibility is enough on EH.
- There is a shrine shortly after this location.
- At the next barrier after another dropdown, there is a stonework alcove on the left. You can ignore it, but entering it begins a series of hellhound attacks, followed by the appearance of Flamefang.
- In the final fight with the Red-named drow priestess, she puts up a shield and you are faced with waves of different creatures (Spiders, Drow, and Hezrou) spawning from different edges of the room. Once the last wave ends (a group of Drow archers near the sealed exit), you fight the priestess herself as well as a Red-named Hezrou. The priestess heals herself and the Hezrou. Both have massive HP in Epic difficulties.
- A pair of shrines, the end-chest and reward NPC are farther to the north, with no further obstacles.
- If you finish out without using the door inside the quest to continue to the third and final quest in this chain, you will be able to enter the final quest by selecting the dungeon entrance in the Harbor. This allows your group to heal and regroup before the final fight.
- Aggression bonus: 94 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 125 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 156 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 5 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Chests: 5:
- 1 locked optional chest near the start (Lock DCs)
- 1 for completing (Optional) Defeat the Fire Reaver Lord
- 1 for (Optional) Defeat Flamefang and his minions
- 1 for (Optional) Disrupt the Drow ritual
- 1 end chest at quest completion
- Epic difficulty: The Epic Chest replaces the end chest. It contains a single dungeon token and a small chance at seals.
- NPC rewards: Standard, Choose from 7, Up to ML:14
Named Chest Drop
||Bow of the Silver Flame||Long Bow||
||16||Servants of the Overlord, Drow Ritual chest|
||16||Servants of the Overlord, Fire Reaver Lord's chest|
||Fury of the Flame||Maul||
||16||Servants of the Overlord, Flamefang optional chest|
||Silver Slinger||Repeating Heavy Crossbow||
||16||Servants of the Overlord, Drow Ritual chest|
||17||Servants of the Overlord, Locked chest, End chest|