Beyond the Rift
|Beyond the Rift is the 4th quest in the Web of Chaos .|
|The Lords of Dust • Servants of the Overlord • The Spinner of Shadows • Beyond the Rift|
What lies inside the strange Rift that is tearing away at Eberron? You are determined to find out.
|Beyond the Rift|
|Takes place in:||The Rift Between Worlds|
|Bestowed by:||Tavnar Kronnak|
|Quest acquired in:||The Spinner's Prison|
|Patron:||The Silver Flame|
|Purchase:||Free to Play|
The Gatekeeper Tavnar Kronnak has asked you to investigate the Rift that has appeared inside the Spinner's Prison. Go inside the Rift Between Worlds and report back on what you find.
Spoiler Warning: Spoiler material below this point!
- Follow Elminster
- Find a way to Eveningstar
- Leave the Demonweb
- Defeat the draegloth
- Reach the surface
- Conquer the Drow outpost
- Defeat the Drow
- Free the captives
- Speak to Ana Brabener
- (Optional) Defeat Ozebaw the Unwholesome — Bonus (15%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Defeat the Demonweb Terror — Bonus (15%): Heroic Epic
- Poison Spell Wards
- Fire Spell Wards
Tips and Misc
Despite its appearance, this quest is fairly linear.
There are a few scripted cutscenes at the start of the quest (and also later), so move a few steps forward to trigger it and buff while waiting for Elminster. The first monster you'll meet won't be a problem for very long, but it can damage you anyway if you get too close.
In the Demonweb, if you aren't sure which way to go, follow any torches, or anything that is lit or glows, or is an archway (natural or man-made). If you fall, you are teleported closer to the quest entrance.
Ozebaw may (not guaranteed) appear in one of three spots (marked as chests) on the Demonweb map:
- on the third (southwest) island.
- on the fourth (west of start) island.
- on an island (south of second shrine), which require jumping off.
After clearing the Underdark area, there is a scripted cutscene in which the Spinner of Shadows merges with Lolth. After this, the party drops down from an elevated platform, activating the miniboss Giismekhan. Since the Draegloth has no ranged attacks, players with a high Jump may be able to get back atop the plateau and range him from above. Note, however, that the Dretches he summons can make ranged attacks and should be eliminated first.
Once this section is completed, you arrive in the Underdark. As with all Underdark quests, light levels are low (not quite to Rainbow in the Dark standards, but it will still be difficult to make out distant enemies); take a minute to adjust to this if you're running the quest for the first time, as this will be the first experience of Underdark light levels most players get. Malchor's Undersun Goggles will function here and are a great help on subsequent runs.
The Demonweb Terror (Mother-of-Thousands) may (not guaranteed) appear in one of three spots within the Underdark (second map) area:
- The room east of the first shrine.
- The room north of the first shrine, to the northwest.
- In the second section of the Underdark, in the room to the far east.
The quest will end as soon as you speak to Ana, one of the prisoners in the cell within the Eveningstar Cavern.
Unlike the first three quests of the Web of Chaos chain, this adventure ends in the Forgotten Realms. No chests in Epic difficulties will give Epic chests or Epic Crafting ingredients.
If you cannot re-enter this quest, you have probably forgotten to pick up the end reward from Elminster on your previous run.
- Aggression bonus: 132–135 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 171 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: >217 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 5 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 7 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 8 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 31 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 41 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 50 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 5
- 1 for slaying Dretch Ozebaw (optional)
- 1 for slaying Draegloth Giismekhan
- 1 for slaying Spider Mother-of-Thousands (optional)
- 1 for slaying Drow Wizard Tsabyrr
- 1 end chest
- Collectables: 4 (none on map)
- Bones on the forth island of the Web
- Bones in the south-east corner of the Underdark
- Adventurer's Pack south of the first shrines in the Underdark
- Adventurer's Pack at the start of the second Underdark part
- NPC rewards:
|Name ( picture )||CR||Type||Race|
|Animated Armor ( view • )||Construct||Animated Object|
|Astral Harrower ( view • )||Vermin||Spider|
|Bebilith ( view • )||Evil Outsider||Demon|
|Deathjump Spider ( view • )||Vermin||Spider|
|Demonweb Terror ( view • )||Magical Beast||Spider|
|Dretch ( view • )||Evil Outsider||Demon|
|Drow Archer ( view • )||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Drow Warrior (Forgotten Realms) ( view • )||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Earth Elemental ( view • )||Elemental||Earth Elemental|
|Giismekhan ( view • )||Evil Outsider||Demon|
|Master Wizard Tsabyrr ( view • )||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Mother-of-Thousands ( view • )||Magical Beast||Spider|
|Ozebaw the Unwholesome ( view • )||Evil Outsider||Demon|
|Swarmhorde Spider ( view • )||Vermin||Spider|
|Websnare Spider ( view • )||Vermin||Spider|
|Ydrae Avithoul ( view • )||Elf||Drow Elf|