Beyond the Rift
What lies inside the strange Rift that is tearing away at Eberron? You are determined to find out.
|Beyond the Rift|
|Takes place in:||The Rift Between Worlds|
|Bestowed by:||Tavnar Kronnak|
|NPC contact:||Tavnar Kronnak|
|Quest acquired in:||The Spinner's Prison|
|Patron:||The Silver Flame|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
The Gatekeeper Tavnar Kronnak has asked you to investigate the Rift that has appeared inside the Spinner's Prison. Go inside the Rift Between Worlds and report back on what you find.
To access this quest you must complete the Web of Chaos story arc (the quests The Lords of Dust followed by Servants of the Overlord followed by The Spinner of Shadows). Completing this quest enables travel to Eveningstar in the Forgotten Realms.
- Follow Elminster
- Find a way to Eveningstar
- Leave the Demonweb
- Defeat the draegloth
- Reach the surface
- Conquer the Drow outpost
- Defeat the Drow
- Free the captives
- Speak to Ana Brabener
- (Optional) Defeat Ozebaw the Unwholesome — Bonus (15%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Defeat the Demonweb Terror — Bonus (15%): Heroic Epic
Tips and Misc
Despite its appearance, this quest is fairly linear.
There are a few scripted cutscenes at the start of the quest (and also later), so move a few steps forward to trigger it and buff while waiting for Elminster. The first monster you'll meet won't be a problem for very long, but it can damage you anyway if you get too close.
In the Demonweb, if you aren't sure which way to go, follow any torches, or anything that is lit or glows, or is an archway (natural or man-made). If you fall, you are teleported closer to the quest entrance.
Ozebaw may (not guaranteed) appear in one of three spots (marked as chests) on the Demonweb map:
- on the third (southwest) island.
- on the fourth (east of start) island.
- on an island (south of second shrine), which require jumping off.
The Demonweb Terror (Mother-of-Thousands) may (not guaranteed) appear in one of several spots within the drow map area:
- The room east of the first shrine.
- The room north of the first shrine, to the northwest.
- In the second section of the drow area, in the room to the far east.
The quest will end as soon as you speak to Ana, one of the prisoners in the cell at the end fight.
If you cannot enter this quest, you have probably forgotten to pick up the end reward from your previous run.
- Aggression bonus: 132-135 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: ~177 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 5 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 7 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 8 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 31 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 41 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 50 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 5
- 1 for slaying Dretch Ozebaw
- 1 for slaying Draegloth Giismekhan
- 1 for slaying Spider Mother-of-Thousands
- 1 for slaying Drow Wizard Tsabyrr
- 1 for slaying Ydrae (end chest)
- NPC rewards: