Web of Chaos is a free level 16 adventure pack available to all characters. It was originally introduced in Update 13 which included three quests featuring mostly Drow, Spiders, Undead and Demons.
These 3 quests serve as a prequel and pre-release teaser to DDO's expansion, Menace of the Underdark, which added the 4th and final quest, Beyond the Rift, which (finally) takes characters to Eveningstar.
- The Lords of Dust: The Silver Flame must now contend with an uprising cult! Controlled by the Rakshasas, the cult of the Lords of Dust have one priority, to free the ancient demons trapped in Khyber.
- Servants of the Overlord: Venture deep down into Khyber and fight resistance as you attempt to thwart the Rakshasas from freeing the imprisoned “Spinner of Shadows”!
- The Spinner of Shadows: Engage in an ambitious battle as you fight to hold off the release of the Spinner of Shadows! Though beware of thinking your task is over, for a menacing journey awaits....
- Beyond the Rift: The Gatekeeper Tavnar Kronnak has asked you to investigate the Rift that has appeared inside the Spinner's Prison. Go inside the Rift Between Worlds and report back on what you find.
In U18, the following changes (and fixes) were made to the epic versions of this quest chain:
- Seals for the items in these quests are now found in the Epic Chests at the end of the quests.
- Shards for all items in this quest chain are now found in the Epic Chest at the end of the capstone quest The Spinner of Shadows.
- The base items will continue to drop on all difficulty levels.
- Issues with the distribution of specific items or Tokens of the Twelve have been corrected.
Spinner of Shadows
- Drop rates for Seals and Shards have been increased for Epic difficulty. Shards and Seals now have a five percent chance to drop on Epic Casual, ten percent on Epic Normal, fifteen percent on Epic Hard and twenty five percent on Epic Elite.