Investigate the Construct Maintenance area in the Cogs.
|Requires access to : Masterminds of Sharn|
|Takes place in:||Alcorn's Forge - Construct Maintenance*|
|Quest acquired in:||The Cogs|
|Patron:||Sharn City Council|
|Free to Play:||No|
You expected to find forge personnel hard at work in this wing. Instead you see an old woman, pacing back and forth while muttering to herself. This dungeon is guest-narrated by Satine Phoenix of Maze Arcana.
- Speak with Aliyah Arthos
- Find the Morgrave Students (4)
- Find the last student
- Defeat the Shield Guardian
- Disable the Magic Barrier
- Rescue Chance OR report him to the authorities
- (Optional) Defeat Soot (Magma Brute) — Bonus (22%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Find out what happened to the power system — Bonus (22%): Heroic Epic
What to Expect
Semi random maze through pipes of relative short pathways that connect small rooms with objectives.
Tips and Misc
- The quest entrance can be reached from ground elevation. Start at the grate north and slightly east of the entrance shown on the Cogs map (appears as an orange circular spot just below a light tan circular spot) and head south up the metal grating ramp. The way is dark, but continue south until you see a crowd of people, then turn west and the quest entrance should be visible down a metal corridor.
- The maze is confusing, but not complex - stick to one wall or the other ("left" worked fine), make every turn in that direction, and you'll find everything.
- It is mandatory to kill all enemies in each of the rooms and then talk to the student there before it is possible to throw the lever in the room to advance.
- There may appear to be "point of no return" drops - there are not. At the bottom there are levers that activate air jets to blow you back up the pipe.
- Watch for the shrine; it may appear to be "beyond" some bars, but you can access it, and the steel doors lead to the final student.
- The puzzle is a standard beam/mirror puzzle, but is on the ceiling. The colored gems near the mirrors correspond to the colors on the levers, "1 pull" = a 45o turn.
Start on the west wall and continue clock-wise:
- West wall: Pull lever near the doors to start the beam
- North wall: Yellow 3, Blue 3, White 5
- South wall: Red 0, Gray 7
- After the puzzle is complete, the door will still be locked (and unopenable); you must speak with Chance to open the door and then "free" him.
- There appears to be no difference between letting him go and reporting him.
- Aggression bonus: > 61 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 15 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 19 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 22-24 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 2-3
- One for defeating Soot (optional)
- One for one of the students (jump down the pipe in eastern part of the main chamber)
- One end chest
- Collectables: 3
- NPC rewards: None