The End of the Road
You've been asked to meet a Harper Agent in the Blooded Woods to discuss how to retrieve the remaining Nether Scroll pieces from the Netherese.
|Requires access to : The High Road of Shadows|
|The End of the Road|
|Takes place in:||The Blooded Wood|
|Bestowed by:||Olyn Araphyr|
|NPC contact:||Olyn Araphyr|
|Quest acquired in:||Eveningstar|
|Free to Play:||No|
|The End of the Road is the 5th quest in The Netherese Legacy .|
|The first four quests can be completed in any order to unlock The End of the Road.|
|Detour • Rest Stop • Lost in the Swamp • A Stay at the Inn • The End of the Road|
The Harpers have learned that the Netherese have also found several of the Nether Scroll pieces. They want you to take those pieces back by force.
Take the High Road to the Blooded Wood and meet with the Harper agent there. He will give you further instructions.
- Speak with Girmond Dyle
- Retrieve the Nether Scroll piece from Granwell Keep
- Reduce the Netherese forces in the area - 25 minimum
- Slay the Demon Razagnol
- (Optional) Collect evidence of Netheril's plans - 4 total — Bonus (20%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Defeat Shadowpaw, the Umbral Worg — Bonus (10%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Defeat Miremere, the Mudman — Bonus (10%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Defeat Greenstalker, the Spider — Bonus (10%): Heroic Epic
- Three around the locked chest in the northeast
- Line of five across the road to the northwest (can be avoided by going further around to the North-west, towards Shadowpaw.)
- Two more further to the south, across the east fork (can also be avoided by sticking to the south fork)
- Note that in both these cases, hires will *not* follow you off the cliff and will instead run back around through the traps, unless you leap off and summon them in mid air.
Tips and Misc
- Simply follow the path around, killing Netherese, until you reach the castle, then enter the outer walls and follow the catwalks until you can get into the inner keep. A couple of rares and pieces of evidence are on the grounds around the castle.
- Take sonic protection for the archers.
- There is a Resurrection Shrine (only) just past the northeast corner. No Rest Shrine is paired with that.
- One normal pair of shrines (Rest/Resurrection) is located at the end of the trail, just south of the entry to the fort. Another Resurrection Shrine (only) is available at the end fight.
- Shadowpaw will appear in the northwest corner.
- Miremere may appear southeast of the castle, in the pond east of the drawbridge.
- Greenstalker may appear in the southwest corner of the map
- The Netherese Evidence are sparkling scrolls:
- The first piece is due west of the compound where you start, on some crates.
- The second piece is near a dead body just south of Shadowpaw, in the northwest.
- The third piece is near another dead body, guarded by some Yuan-Ti, east of the castle
- The fourth piece is on a stump west of the castle.
To the End Fight
- Don't leap onto the spikes on the drawbridge, or in the inner keep. They're spiky and can thus cause some distress.
- With a high enough Jump, it's possible to get back up to the shrine when the boss is dead by get up on the door, or via reverse gravity in the boss fight (done with Feather Falling on and jump 40+).
- The two wizards in the center talk for a minute or so, giving you time to run around and get the breakables.
- At the end fight, Razagnol drops some Dretches from the sky, then, later, some Fire Reavers.
- He likes to cast Firewalls and Anti-Gravity, which may send you flying into the spikes. If you can fight in the cubby by the shrine, it will limit the damage he can cause with that. Unfortunately, this may cause him to start casting Necrotic Rays and Meteor Swarms instead.
- Discreet bonus: 45 or fewer monsters killed +5% Bonus.
- Aggression bonus: 124 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: ~162 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 199 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 10 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 13 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 16 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 34 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 45 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 55 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 3-5
- One on the North-east corner (locked)
- One in the North-west corner after defeating Shadowpaw, the Umbral Worg
- One in the South-west corner after defeating Greenstalker, the Spider
- One to the east from the bridge (leading to the castle) after defeating Miremere, the Mudman
- Final chest, center of the map
- Collectables: 5
- Bones in the water east of the bridge across the swamp
- Adventurer's Pack on a roof near Shadowpaw
- Adventurer's Pack on an outcropping in the pond north of the castle
- Adventurer's Pack on a tree stump east of the castle (near the piece of evidence)
- Cabinet along the northern wall of the castle (on the ground, under a ramp)
- NPC rewards: Standard, choose from 8.
Named Chest Drop
||Nether Grasps (Level 16) ( )||Gloves||
||16||The End of the Road, End chest (Heroic Normal)|
||Shadowmail (Level 16) ( )||Scalemail||
||16||The End of the Road, Greenstalker Chest (Heroic Normal)|
||Shadowmail (Level 17) ( )||Scalemail||
||17||The End of the Road, Greenstalker Chest (Heroic Hard)|
||Nether Grasps (Level 17) ( )||Gloves||
||17||The End of the Road, End chest (Heroic Hard)|
||Shadowmail (Level 18) ( )||Scalemail||
||18||The End of the Road, Greenstalker Chest (Heroic Elite)|
||Nether Grasps (Level 18) ( )||Gloves||
||18||The End of the Road, End chest (Heroic Elite)|
||Shadowmail (Level 23) ( )||Scalemail||
||23||The End of the Road, Greenstalker Chest (Epic) ; |
Netherese Legacy, Quest chain end reward
||Nether Grasps (Level 23) ( )||Gloves||
||23||The End of the Road, End chest (Epic Normal) ; |
Netherese Legacy, Quest chain end reward
||Shadowmail (Level 24) ( )||Scalemail||
||24||The End of the Road, Greenstalker Chest (Epic Hard)|
||Nether Grasps (Level 24) ( )||Gloves||
||24||The End of the Road, End chest (Epic Hard)|
||Shadowmail (Level 25) ( )||Scalemail||
||25||The End of the Road, Greenstalker Chest (Epic Elite)|
||Nether Grasps (Level 25) ( )||Gloves||
||25||The End of the Road, (Epic Elite) End chest|
|Name ( picture • New Monster )||CR||Type||Race|
|Bear ( view • )||Animal||Bear|
|Brush Creeper ( view • )||Vermin||Spider|
|Dretch ( view • )||Evil Outsider||Demon|
|Fire Reaver ( view • )||Evil Outsider||Demon|
|Greenstalker ( view • )||Vermin||Spider|
|Miremere ( view • )||Elemental||Muckman|
|Mudman ( view • )||Elemental||Muckman|
|Netherese Wizard ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Razagnol ( view • )||Evil Outsider||Demon|
|Roving Wolf ( view • )||Animal||Wolf|
|Sellsword Archer ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Sellsword Brute ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Sellsword Footpad ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Sellsword Skirmisher ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Shadow (Shadowfell) ( view • )||Undead||Shadow|
|Shadowpaw ( view • )||Undead||Shadow|
|Summoned Shadow ( view • )||Undead||Shadow|
|Umbral Gargoyle ( view • )||Undead||Shadow|
|Umbral Rat ( view • )||Undead||Shadow|
|Yuan-ti Abomination ( view • )||Monstrous Humanoid||Yuan-ti|
|Yuan-ti Arcanist ( view • )||Aberration||Yuan-ti|
|Yuan-ti Scout ( view • )||Aberration||Yuan-ti|