Lost in the Swamp
|Lost in the Swamp is the 3rd quest in The Netherese Legacy .|
|The first four quests can be completed in any order to unlock The End of the Road.|
|Detour • Rest Stop • Lost in the Swamp • A Stay at the Inn • The End of the Road|
For years this dismal patch of swamp has been a haunt of will-o'-wisps, the spirits of their victims ... and one eccentric old hermit named Seamus.
|Requires access to : The High Road of Shadows|
|Lost in the Swamp|
|Takes place in:||Lost Souls' Swamp|
|Bestowed by:||Eradin Krall|
|NPC contact:||Eradin Krall|
|Quest acquired in:||Eveningstar|
|Purchase:||The High Road of Shadows or VIP|
Oriphaun gave one of his Nether Scroll pieces to an old hermit, so that hermit could hide it for him.
Travel to Lost Souls' Swamp on the High Road and get the scroll piece from the hermit.
Spoiler Warning: Spoiler material below this point!
- Investigate Lost Souls' Swamp and speak to Seamus
- Meet Seamus near the fallen oak shrine
- Confront Sshaastess and her minions
- Find the Nether Scroll piece
- (Optional) Free the three lost spirits — Bonus (25%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Defeat the evil presence — Bonus (10%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Recover Evrim's treasure from under the waterfall — Bonus (20%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Destroy the lost spirits (3) — Bonus (20%): Heroic Epic
Bear traps on top of the pillars in the final room
Tips and Misc
- Will-o'-wisps use electric attacks, mudmen use acid.
- The "Free the Three Lost Spirits" optional in the large northwest area requires you to find the 3 spirits (They look like Wraiths except with no HP bars like any good NPC), which is not too hard because it's one flat level and they're sort of obvious. But you need to kill some Mudmen, Vine Horrors and Swamp Will-o'-Wisps to free them. If you listen to the spirits but tell them you won't help (the 'forget it' line on the first two, and the 'you can try it' line on the last one), they will attack you and give the optional to kill them all. This will prevent you from completing the optional to help them and you won't get any chest. Killing at least one of them is useful to get the Swamp Wraith Monster Manual entry.
- You can loot Evrim's treasure under the waterfall, after you free all three spirits.
- The "Evil Presence" is a Shadow and a few Umbral creatures, found in the far northern area. None of them are named. To lower the blocking barrier, you need to talk to and free the northern Lost Spirit. Then you need to get the Green Key from the small pool of water to the north *and* to pick/knock a door behind the one the key opens (which is unpickable).
- The quest doesn't end until you open the final chest, giving you a chance to disable the bear traps on the pillars or go back for the optional if you want.
- To get to the chest (and traps) on top of the pillars, follow the wall from the medusa's alcove to the west, around the rock protuberance, there's a series of stone ledges you can easily climb and get to the first pillar. After that, it's easy to leap from pillar to pillar without needing Cannith Boots or any other form of propulsion!
- To get to the south-east line of pillars, you will still need high jump or some form of propulsion.
- Aggression bonus: 75 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 97 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 120 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 7 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 10 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 12 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 5 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Notes: Trap bonus possible if you go up to the pillars and disarm before opening the end chest or talking to Seamus after defeating the medusa.
- Chests: 3
- Behind locked door after obtaining the key from under water
- Under waterfall – after freeing all 3 spirits
- At end fight location
- (After end fight, the chest to the east contains only the Nether Scroll)
- NPC rewards: Standard
Named Chest Drop
||Ironwood Khopesh (Level 16) ( )||Khopesh||
||16||Lost in the Swamp, End chest (Heroic Normal)|
||Whisperchain (Level 16) ( )||Chainmail||
||16||Lost in the Swamp, Underwater chest (Heroic Normal)|
||Ironwood Khopesh (Level 17) ( )||Khopesh||
||17||Lost in the Swamp, End chest (Heroic Hard)|
||Whisperchain (Level 17) ( )||Chainmail||
||17||Lost in the Swamp, Underwater chest (Heroic Hard)|
||Ironwood Khopesh (Level 18) ( )||Khopesh||
||18||Lost in the Swamp, End Chest (Heroic Elite)|
||Whisperchain (Level 18) ( )||Chainmail||
||18||Lost in the Swamp, Underwater chest (Heroic Elite)|
||Ironwood Khopesh (Level 23) ( )||Khopesh||
||23||Lost in the Swamp, End chest (Epic Normal), Netherese Legacy chain end reward|
||Whisperchain (Level 23) ( )||Chainmail||
||23||Lost in the Swamp, Underwater chest (Epic Normal), Netherese Legacy chain end reward|
||Whisperchain (Level 24) ( )||Chainmail||
||24||Lost in the Swamp, Underwater chest (Epic Hard)|
||Ironwood Khopesh (Level 24) ( )||Khopesh||
||24||Lost in the Swamp, End chest (Epic Hard)|
||Whisperchain (Level 25) ( )||Chainmail||
||25||Lost in the Swamp, Underwater chest (Epic Elite)|
||Ironwood Khopesh (Level 25) ( )||Khopesh||
||25||Lost in the Swamp, End Chest (Epic Elite)|
|Name ( picture )||CR||Type||Race|
|Bear ( view • )||Animal||Bear|
|Corrupted Dryad ( view • )||Fey||Dryad|
|Dryad Tree ( view • )||Fey||Dryad|
|Earth Elemental ( view • )||Elemental||Earth Elemental|
|Gruck ( view • )||Elemental||Earth Elemental|
|Mudman ( view • )||Elemental||Muckman|
|Roving Wolf ( view • )||Animal||Wolf|
|Rrosp ( view • )||Elemental||Earth Elemental|
|Shadow (Shadowfell) ( view • )||Undead||Shadow|
|Sshaastess ( view • )||Monstrous Humanoid||Medusa|
|Swamp Will-o'-Wisp ( view • )||Aberration||Will o' Wisp|
|Umbral Gargoyle ( view • )||Undead||Shadow|
|Umbral Rat ( view • )||Undead||Shadow|
|Umbral Worg ( view • )||Undead||Shadow|
|Vine Horror ( view • )||Plant||Vine Stalker|
|Wood Woad ( view • )||Plant||Wood Woad|