Smash and Burn
Investigate the Boromar Smugglers' safehouse in the Cogs.
|Requires access to : Masterminds of Sharn|
|Smash and Burn|
|Takes place in:||Boromar Smugglers' Safehouse*|
|Quest acquired in:||The Cogs|
|Patron:||Sharn City Council|
|Free to Play:||No|
Vast quantities of goods are transported from the Cogs to the surface every day. The Boromar crime syndicate pilfers some of these supplies and stores their ill-gotten gains in this hideaway.
- Disrupt the Smuggling Operation
- Find the Smuggling Supervisor
- Defeat the Forgewraiths
- Smash the special cargo
- (Optional) Smash all the smuggled goods
- (Optional) Disable all the security codes
- (Optional) Loot everything that isn't nailed down
- (Optional) Push all the buttons (12)
- (Optional) Lay Speaker for the Slain to rest
- Bear traps near the first gate (can be disabled). Additionally, there are some big slashing blades chopping you up while you're held in the bear trap (cannot be disabled).
- Bear traps behind the optional puzzle-locked gate.
- The forgewraith area has two trap boxes on the ground floor near the chests.
Tips and Misc
- For the Defeat the Forgewraiths optional, you will need to do some jumping; some wraiths are hiding up.
- You will encounter several locked doors; these can be picked / Knocked, or you need to scout the area for iron and silver keys; they may be hidden in breakable containers.
- Occasionally the dice puzzle may bug and one of the columns wander away from its base, the puzzle will still be solvable. It's a known issue refer to: .
The 4 Security codes
Security code "Dice Puzzle" Solutions (step-by-step): (Note: Please give in-depth detailed explanations of how the puzzle functions and not just the solution steps from the initial puzzle state if possible).
- The objective for the Dice Puzzles is to get all the faces showing the same value that corresponds to the figure on a "dice" symbol located nearby.
- The total amount of pips visible within a single puzzle never changes so you must aim to distribute those values evenly.
- The dice faces go from (blank reset) to showing 1-4 pips. Loosely the dice face you step on will "steal" 1 pip from each adjacent dice that touch it in a cardinal direction and add them to its own face value if possible up to maximum face value of 4.
- The two puzzles in the room behind the fiery locked door have control panels that can be disabled. This grants access to their chest, but to complete the optional you will have to actually solve all four puzzles.
Puzzle solutions (Edit)
- See also: Pillar Puzzles Solution
- Conquest bonus: 99 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 6 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 8 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 9 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 64 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 82 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 102 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 6
- 1 end chest (requires hitting 3 buttons in the Forgewraith room to drop shield)
- 1 for defeating Speaker of the Slain
- 4 additional accessed by solving/disabling puzzles
- Collectables: 5 throughout the quest
- NPC rewards: none
Named Chest Drop
||15||Smash and Burn, End Chest|
||15||Smash and Burn, end chest|
|The Mark IV||Medium Armor||
||15||Ruinous Schemes, End Chest, and Smash and Burn, End Chest|
|Legendary Glittering Waistwrap||Belt||
||29||Smash and Burn, End Chest|
||29||Smash and Burn, end chest|
|The Legendary Mark IV||Medium Armor||
||29||Ruinous Schemes, End Chest, and Smash and Burn, End chest|