Smash and Burn
Vast quantities of goods are transported from the Cogs to the surface every day. The Boromar crime syndicate pilfers some of these supplies and stores their ill-gotten gains in this hideaway.
|Requires access to : Masterminds of Sharn|
|Smash and Burn|
|Takes place in:||Boromar Smugglers' Safehouse|
|Quest acquired in:||The Cogs|
|Patron:||Sharn City Council|
|Free to Play:||No|
Investigate the Boromar Smugglers' safehouse in the Cogs.
- Disrupt the Smuggling Operation
- Find the Smuggling Supervisor
- Defeat the Forgewraiths
- Smash the special cargo
- (Optional) Smash all the smuggled goods — Bonus (8%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Disable all the security codes — Bonus (13%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Loot everything that isn't nailed down — Bonus (6%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Push all the buttons (12) — Bonus (7%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Lay Speaker for the Slain to rest — Bonus (12%): Heroic Epic
- Bear traps near the first gate (can be disabled). Additionally, there are two suspended swinging tree trunks that can pound you, while you're caught in the bear trap (cannot be disabled).
- Bear traps behind the optional puzzle-locked gate.
- The forgewraith Cogs area has two (acid) trap Control Panels on the ground floor near the chests.
Tips and Misc
- For the Defeat the Forgewraiths objective, there are some that are hiding up in the North-west room. You will need to do some jumping; changing your angle and hitting "next target" (default Tab ↹ ) may help too.
- When jumping in the Forgewraith room; you can jump, land, and walk upon the long rail that supports the continuously moving ore buckets (you cannot jump into the buckets themselves). Also a lot of the hanging cage-like structures are positioned to allow you to make short jumps onto their upper surface.
- You will encounter several locked doors; these can be picked / Knocked, or you need to scout the area for iron and silver keys; they may be hidden in breakable containers.
- For the chest behind the vault door, do not rush to open it; there are bear traps in front of it, and two tough stone soldiers guard it.
- Occasionally a dice puzzle may bug and one of the columns wander away from its base, the puzzle will still be solvable. It's a known issue refer to: .
The 4 Security codes
Security code "Dice Puzzle" Solutions (step-by-step):
Be careful with these puzzles! As they start, all of them have only a few steps to solve, but mistakes are not simply reversible!
- The objective for the Dice Puzzles is to get all the faces showing the same value that corresponds to the figure on a "dice" symbol located nearby.
- The total amount of pips visible within a single puzzle never changes so you must aim to distribute those values evenly.
- The dice faces go from (blank reset) to showing 1-4 pips. Loosely the dice face you step on will "steal" 1 pip from each adjacent dice that touch it in a cardinal direction and add them to its own face value if possible up to maximum face value of 4.
- The two puzzles in the room behind the fiery locked door have control panels that can be disabled. This grants access to their chest, but to complete the optional you will have to actually solve all four puzzles.
Puzzle solutions (Edit)
There are twelve buttons throughout the quest. Really they are touch panels like you'd typically step on to solve "shroud" type puzzles. If the green light/gem above the panel is not glowing then you've successfully activated the button. You typically need to jump up into them as they're placed just high enough that you can't activate them by running straight into them.
- Two are located in the first secret room by the entrance (with 3 stone soldiers, opened by solving the first puzzle).
- Turning these two on activates a portal which can be used to bypass the traps at the gate into the warehouse.
- Two are up high in the North-east corner of the warehouse near the vault door.
- Two are in the vault (opened by solving the second puzzle).
- Activating these disables the fire wall between the North-east and North-west parts of the warehouse.
- Three are in the very North room with Stephan Suade, where the first special cargo is located.
- Three are in the final room with all the Forgewraiths and the three remaining special cargo.
- Up ramp to "tower" mid-roof, up ladder, walk around clockwise - as far around as you can go
- From last one, jump across lamps, follow ledge around, walk toward middle of room, jump onto spinning gear, jump across lights, follow ledge around counter-clockwise - right next to collectible
- From last one, walk back, jump onto top of chest cage/tower, jump onto platform, climb boxes to trough, jump on light and jump onto pipe curved up - it is in the crook of the bend
- If your jump is not high enough to make that last jump, you can jump across more lights circling up and around the bent pipe until you are on the other side where the jump is easier
- Conquest bonus: 99 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 6 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 8 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 9 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 63 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 82 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 102 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 6
- 1 end chest (requires hitting 3 buttons in the Forgewraith room to drop shield)
- 1 for defeating Speaker of the Slain
- 4 additional accessed by solving/disabling puzzles
- Collectables: 5 throughout the quest
- NPC rewards: none
Named Chest Drop
||The Mark IV ( )||Medium Armor||
||15||Smash and Burn, End Chest|
||Suncrusher ( )||Morningstar||
||15||Smash and Burn, end chest|
||Glittering Waistwrap ( )||Belt||
||15||Smash and Burn, End Chest|
||Legendary Suncrusher ( )||Morningstar||
||29||Smash and Burn, end chest|
||Legendary Glittering Waistwrap ( )||Belt||
||29||Smash and Burn, End Chest|
||The Legendary Mark IV ( )||Medium Armor||
||29||Smash and Burn, End chest|
|Name ( picture • New Monster )||CR||Type||Race|
|Boromar Sailor ( view • )||Halfling||Halfling|
|Boromar Savage ( view • )||Halfling||Halfling|
|Boromar Scoundrel ( view • )||Halfling||Halfling|
|Boromar Scout ( view • )||Halfling||Halfling|
|Boromar Shaman ( view • )||Halfling||Halfling|
|Boromar Smuggler ( view • )||Halfling||Halfling|
|Boromar Spellslinger ( view • )||Halfling||Halfling|
|Boromar Stalker ( view • )||Animal||Dinosaur|
|Soaring Stone-Cold Forgewraith ( view • )||Undead||Wraith|
|Speaker for the Slain ( view • )||Undead||Wraith|
|Stephan Suade ( view • )||Halfling||Halfling|
|Stone Soldier ( view • )||Construct||Golem|