Smash and Burn
Investigate the Boromar Smugglers' safehouse in the Cogs.
|Requires access to : Masterminds of Sharn|
|Smash and Burn|
|Takes place in:||Boromar Smugglers' Safehouse*|
|Quest acquired in:||The Cogs|
|Patron:||Sharn City Council|
|Free to Play:||No|
Vast quantities of goods are transported from the Cogs to the surface every day. The Boromar crime syndicate pilfers some of these supplies and stores their ill-gotten gains in this hideaway.
- Disrupt the Smuggling Operation
- Find the Smuggling Supervisor
- Defeat the Forgewraiths
- Smash the special cargo
- (Optional) Smash all the smuggled goods
- (Optional) Disable all the security codes
- (Optional) Loot everything that isn't nailed down
- (Optional) Push all the buttons (12)
- (Optional) Lay Speaker for the Slain to rest
- Bear traps near the first gate (can be disabled). Additionally, there are some big slashing blades chopping you up while you're held in the bear trap (cannot be disabled).
- Bear traps behind the optional puzzle-locked gate.
- The forgewraith Cogs area has two (acid) trap Control Panels on the ground floor near the chests.
Tips and Misc
- For the Defeat the Forgewraiths objective, there are some that are hiding up in the northwest room. You will need to do some jumping; changing your angle and hitting "next target" (default Tab ↹ ) may help too.
- When jumping in the Forgewraith room; you can jump, land, and walk upon the long rail that supports the continuously moving ore buckets (you cannot jump into the buckets themselves). Also a lot of the hanging cage-like structures are positioned to allow you to make short jumps onto their upper surface.
- You will encounter several locked doors; these can be picked / Knocked, or you need to scout the area for iron and silver keys; they may be hidden in breakable containers.
- For the chest behind the vault door, do not rush to open it; there are bear traps in front of it, and two tough stone soldiers guard it.
- Occasionally a dice puzzle may bug and one of the columns wander away from its base, the puzzle will still be solvable. It's a known issue refer to: .
The 4 Security codes
Security code "Dice Puzzle" Solutions (step-by-step):
Be careful with these puzzles! As they start, all of them have only a few steps to solve, but mistakes are not simply reversible!
- The objective for the Dice Puzzles is to get all the faces showing the same value that corresponds to the figure on a "dice" symbol located nearby.
- The total amount of pips visible within a single puzzle never changes so you must aim to distribute those values evenly.
- The dice faces go from (blank reset) to showing 1-4 pips. Loosely the dice face you step on will "steal" 1 pip from each adjacent dice that touch it in a cardinal direction and add them to its own face value if possible up to maximum face value of 4.
- The two puzzles in the room behind the fiery locked door have control panels that can be disabled. This grants access to their chest, but to complete the optional you will have to actually solve all four puzzles.
Puzzle solutions (Edit)
- Conquest bonus: 99 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 6 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 8 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 9 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 64 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 82 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 102 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 6
- 1 end chest (requires hitting 3 buttons in the Forgewraith room to drop shield)
- 1 for defeating Speaker of the Slain
- 4 additional accessed by solving/disabling puzzles
- Collectables: 5 throughout the quest
- NPC rewards: none
Named Chest Drop
||Legendary Glittering Waistwrap||Belt||
||29||Smash and Burn, End Chest|
||15||Smash and Burn, End Chest|
||The Legendary Mark IV||Medium Armor||
||29||Smash and Burn, End chest|
||29||Smash and Burn, end chest|
||The Mark IV||Medium Armor||
||15||Smash and Burn, End Chest|
||15||Smash and Burn, end chest|