Item:Silver Flame Nugget
The Silver Flame Nugget is not a (useful) item, but a quest - of sorts. You are given a Silver Flame Nugget, which you can then upgrade into a progressively more valuable necklace at the end-quests of the various Litany of the Dead chains parts 1-4, aka Necro 1-4. There are a total of 4 possible upgrades (although most players only do the first 3).
Each of the Necropolis 1-4 quest chains allows a progressively higher upgrade tier, so you could only upgrade to the Silver Flame Amulet in Necropolis 1, etc. However, you can do any lower upgrade at the end of a higher level quest chain. So, if you only want the Level 3 upgrade to a Silver Flame Talisman (the most popular option, by far), you only need access to the Necropolis 3 quests - but you'd have to run the end quest 3 times.
Silver Flame Nugget
- This quest requires access to any part of The Necropolis story arc. Talk to Jakob Izakanos in the Necropolis to acquire this quest and the Silver Flame Trinket.
- This is a 4-tier item that needs to be upgraded in certain altars at the end of each quest series.
This can only be done at the Accursed Ascension (Necro 4) altar. The Silver Flame Talisman will become a simple gem again. Talk to Jakob Izakanos to get any one of the following quest completion rewards:
- Aegis of Flame - +5 Large Shield: , , ,, ,
- Bastion of Fealty - +5 Full plate (Max dex bonus 4): , , — 1 Charges (Recharged/Day:1), ,
- Beacon of Tira - Helm: , , ,
- Chain of Conviction - +5 Chainmail (Max dex bonus 12): , , — 1 Charges (Recharged/Day:1), ,
- Cloth of the Faithful - Robe: , , , — 1 Charges (Recharged/Day:1), ,
- Docent of the Flames - +5 Docent: , , — 1 Charges (Recharged/Day:1), ,
- If you have any upgraded version of the Silver Flame Nugget (amulet, pendant or talisman) in your bags when talking to Pok Tranh and accepting the Emerald Claw Nugget from Pok Tranh, the action will delete the Silver Flame Nugget and replace it with an un-upgraded Emerald Claw Nugget. You can work around this by storing your upgraded item (amulet, pendant or talisman) in your bank, pick up the Silver Flame Nugget, and then interchange between them by keeping one in the bank at all times. Alternatively, never speak to Pok Tranh, as you will not need a different version of the Silver Flame Nugget unless you upgrade the Tier 3 version to Tier 4.