Shadow of a Doubt
Here prisoners are interrogated before they are thrown inside the walls. A magistrate beckons you forward with a slight nod.
|Requires access to : Shadowfell Conspiracy|
|Shadow of a Doubt|
|Takes place in:||Magistrate's Office|
|Bestowed by:||Celia Pendrick|
|NPC contact:||Celia Pendrick|
|Quest acquired in:||Wheloon Docks|
|Patron:||Purple Dragon Knights|
|Free to Play:||No|
The notorious Shar priest Dedryk Black is back in custody and the Wheloon authorities want you to help them question the priest about how he escaped from Wheloon Prison.
Go to the Magistrate's Office at the Wheloon Docks to begin the interrogation.
- This is the third, final part of the story arc Disciples of Shadow.
- The first two parts are located on the north edge of Eveningstar village, but this location for this quest is found within the Wheloon Docks area, accessed to the northwest of the other two.
- Speak with the Wheloon Magistrate
- Interrogate the Shar Priest
- Defeat the Shadows (16 total)
- Speak the with the Magistrate again [sic]
- Secure the Docks
- Gather the party around the Purple Dragon Captain
- Speak with the Purple Dragon Captain
- Defeat the Shadows
- Speak with the Purple Dragon Captain again
- Return to the Magistrate's Office
- Defeat the Shadar-kai Assassin
- (Optional) Protect the Knight while retaking the ship — Bonus (20%): Heroic
- bear traps in the streets
Tips and Misc
- At the start of the quest, use bluff, diplomacy or intimidate (DCs: ) with the prisoner for an additional chest at the end.
- Though the streets of Wheloon appear at first to be a bit of a maze, they're really rather linear.
- At the end of the quest, you can read the Mysterious Note on the table during or after Teralyn's fight.
- Aggression bonus: 109 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 142 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 174 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 3 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 4 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 5 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 25 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 32 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 40 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Notes: Trap numbers are based on Elite, which has more traps; the required amount may be lower on Normal or Hard.
- Chests: 2
- 1 at end
- 1 for making a bluff, diplomacy or intimidate check with the prisoner at beginning
- Collectables: 5
- Adventurer's Pack in an alley shortly after second group of shadows
- Cabinet up ramp across the way
- Adventurer's Pack at the end of the dock near the ship
- Cabinet behind a burning house
- Adventurer's Pack up the ramp near Captain Hillard
- NPC rewards: Standard list of random loot (talk to the incarnation of Celia Pendrick who is in the Wheloon Docks area, around the corner from the entrance to this quest)
Named Chest Drop
|Condemned Deadeye (view)||Humanoid||Human|
|Rioting Prisoner (view)||Humanoid||Human|
|Shadow (Shadowfell) (view)||Undead||Shadow|