|Takes place in:||Riverside Camp|
|Bestowed by:||Barthold Moncrief|
|NPC contact:||Barthold Moncrief|
|Quest acquired in:||Eveningstar|
|Patron:||Purple Dragon Knights|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
The Cormyr authorities need someone to help guard an important prisoner while he is being transported to Wheloon Prison. The prisoner is a notorious Shar priest named Dedryk Black, and the magistrates fear that his followers will try to free him while he's being moved. Speak with Barthold Moncrief in Eveningstar or the Wheloon Docks. He will send you on your journey.
- Speak with Barthold Moncrief
- Guard the prisoner Dedryk Black
- Defeat the lizardfolk
- Speak with Barthold Moncrief again
- Find the lizardfolk camp
- Defeat the lizardfolk shaman
- (Optional) Prevent any prisoner from escaping — Bonus (25%): Heroic
- (Optional) Prevent three prisoners from escaping — Bonus (10%): Heroic
Bear traps: 8+ scattered along the forest path
- 2 in front of most lizardfolk ambush points
- 2-3 in the final area
Tips and Misc
- Useful Buffs: The Shamans like to use Burning Blood, and the archers use acid-tipped arrows; bring fire & acid resistance.
- After you talk to Barthold for the first time, several waves of lizardfolk will spawn. Be sure to buff before speaking to Barthold!
- Occasionally, one of the lizardfolk will attempt to free a prisoner; the DM will let you know, by both voice and floating text. To prevent this, you need to attack the lizardfolk to get its aggro. There are six prisoners total (other than Dedryk himself, who they won't bother with).
- There are several sections where you have to defeat an ambush to destroy a root wall; no sneaking through this quest!
- There are a ton of spawns on Elite, ~74 in the first phase alone. Conquest is guaranteed on elite.
- The last 2-3 traps are behind the little hill at the end. The bear traps prevent you from easily climbing the hill to cast AoE spells around the Shaman for the final fight while the Shaman is talking.
- Conveniently, the melee enemy lizard men will also have to deal with the bear traps if they are not disabled and you position yourself on the top of the hill during the fight.
- Aggression bonus: 47 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 62 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 76 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 5 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 6 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 8 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Chests: 2
- 1 at end
- 1 if you don't let any prisoners escape
- Collectables: 1
- Adventurer's Pack near the second set of shrines
- NPC rewards: Standard, random +8 to +10 loot (item enhancement rating)
Named Chest Drop
|Srass Marnanr (view)||Reptilian||Lizardfolk|
|Rynarr Nosryrr (NoPic)||Reptilian||Lizardfolk|
|Lizardfolk Archer (view)||Reptilian||Lizardfolk|
|Lizardfolk Scavenger (view)||Reptilian||Lizardfolk|
|Lizardfolk Shaman (view)||Reptilian||Lizardfolk|
|Lizardfolk Warrior (view)||Reptilian||Lizardfolk|