|School:||Abjuration (Fire) (Acid) (Cold) (Electricity) (Sonic)|
|Level:||Art 1, Clr 2, Drd 2, FvS 2, Pal 2, Rgr 1, Sor/Wiz 2, Wlk 1|
|Spell Point Cost:||15 (All except Rng, which uses only 10)|
|Metamagic:||Enlarge, Extend, Quicken|
|Duration:||1 minute per caster level|
|Cooldown:||2.5 seconds (All except Sor), 1.75 seconds (Sor)|
Grants a creature limited resistance from an elemental damage of whichever one of five energy types you select: acid, cold, electricity, fire, or sonic. The creature gains energy resistance 10 against the energy type chosen, meaning that each time the creature is subjected to such damage (whether from a natural or magical source.), that damage is reduced by 10 points before being applied to the creature’s hit points. The value of the energy resistance granted increases to 20 points at 7th level, and to a maximum of 30 points at 11th level.
Resist energy absorbs only damage. The subject could still suffer unfortunate side effects.
Note: Resist energy is overlapped by (and does not stack with) protection from energy. If a character is warded by protection from energy and resist energy, the protection spell absorbs damage until its power is exhausted, regardless if you have resist energy.
This spell pops up a list of 5 subspells, one for each resistance. Each sub spell also counts as a spell of that subtype, and is thus affected by elementals savants various bonuses and penalties to its duration. It has no maximum caster level.
- Morna Wyrmtouched <Arcane Scroll Vendor - Level 2> in The Marketplace Bazaar - 15pp
- Taniera Grisvill <Artificer Scroll Vendor> in House Cannith
- Olvod Alorum <Wand Vendor> in The Marketplace Bazaar - 450pp
- CL7 and CL11 are available as rare drops
- Jalin Kalabrey <Potion Vendor> in The Marketplace Bazaar - 30pp (Acid, Cold, Electricity, Fire, and Sonic available)
- CL7 (resist 20) potions are available for sale in the Tower of the Twelve and in Eveningstar, also in the Catacombs from a merchant in front of the archbishop's chamber.
- CL11 (resist 30) potions are available as rare drop in higher level chests/breakables, and for turning in certain Collectables
- CL10 potions of resist fire are available in Risia Ice Games