Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
|Repossession is the 5th quest in The Sharn Syndicate .|
|Stand Your Ground • Dirty Laundry • The Stormreaver Fresco • The Bookbinder Rescue • Repossession • Come Out and Slay|
Newly arrived in Xen'drik, the Sharn Syndicate has discovered that the corrupt environment of Stormreach is the perfect place for them to take root and grow.
|Requires access to : The Sharn Syndicate|
|Takes place in:||Goldstone Manor|
|Quest acquired in:||The Marketplace|
|Patron:||The Coin Lords|
|Free to Play:||No|
Kear of Argonessen, the rightful owner of the Stormreaver Fresco fragment, told you that Zircon is hiding the fresco in Goldstone Manor at Stormreach Marketplace.
Kear wants you to retrieve the Stormreaver Fresco from Goldstone Manor.
- Find the Stormreaver Fresco
- (Optional) Repossess 3 pieces of stolen art +15% Bonus.
- (Optional) Repossess 6 pieces of stolen art +20% Bonus.
- (Optional) Repossess all the pieces of stolen art - 9 total +25% Bonus.
- (Optional) Wreck the mansion's furnishings - 12 total +10% Bonus.
- (Optional) Slay the Master of the Hounds +20% Bonus.
What to Expect
- Traps (random)
- Puzzle (mandatory: puzzle wheels)
- Stat checks (semi-optional: require DEX, INT, STR, and WIS checks - see details below)
- Fire, Ice, Lightning, Acid, and Poison. On each of the pieces in the gallery room - triggering one seems to release the effect from every pedestal. The control panels are on the front of the pedestals.
Tips and Misc
- In the large upstairs room (with the mirror) are two puzzle wheels which will open an entry in the opposite wall to the artwork room.
- The orange combination is a sort of fancy E with three lines pointing to the left in a fan. (four turns)
- The blue combination is a sort of backwards fancy F. (also four turns)
- The artwork room, and opening the final door:
- Every item except one is trapped; taking that one non-trapped item opens the final door. The traps are quite nasty. Each one covers the entire room, and each is very capable of killing a strong character outright, especially on a failed save.
- If uncertain, best for others to wait outside in the last room, and well away from the doorway.
- A trapper can disable these traps, as normal (and does not need to worry about the stat checks). With a trap disabled, simply "take the item" to see if it opens the door, and for the optional(s).
- The non-trapped piece of art which opens the door will be randomly placed. It will also have a trap control panel even though it is not trapped.
- If you interact with the various pieces of art in the gallery, you have options to use your STR, DEX, INT, or WIS to try to find out whether that item is trapped or not. Only one attribute will be used for each one, and you need 14-16 in the appropriate one to succeed. You can try all 4 stats, and different characters can try the same one.
- If you succeed in a stat check, you will get a clear message as to what sort of trap it is, or that it opens the door. If you fail, the message will be vague - "leave the item alone", or risk almost certain death (at level).
- For non-trappers, if any one of these ability checks specifies a certain trap will fire, use this info to decide which items to NOT pick up. This forfeits the stolen art optionals, but by elimination you can usually find the item with no traps, or at least narrow down the choices.
- There are no shrines in this quest.
In the artwork room, picking up the "Note" on the pedestal as you enter triggers an additional (minor) reward after the quest. Reading it gives you clues as to what you face (details above, and emphasized below) in the artwork room:
- The "NOTE"
- Dear Lord Burgundy Tir,
- I have the Stormreaver Fresco, and as you requested, I've set up *PLAYER* to be blamed for its theft. Once you have my payment, bring it to my office and I'll give you the fresco.
- To open the door, you need to move one of the items in my art gallery off its pedestal. It's the one I showed you the other day. Do resist the temptation to touch the rest of my collection. All other pedestals are protected by traps, and I would so hate it if you died before paying me.
- It has been a pleasure doing business with you.
- - Zircon, Sharn Syndicate Underlord
- Dear Lord Burgundy Tir,
- The Rewards of Treachery quest flag, Contact Burgundy Tir.
- "You found proof that Burgundy Tir deliberately set you up for the Stormreaver Fresco's theft.
- Go confront Burgundy Tir about this in the Stormreach Marketplace."
- Reward: Masterwork or +1 weapon/armor/shield
- Can only be done once per hour
- Burgundy Tir won't talk to you about this if The Stormreaver Fresco is currently active.
End objective, in one of the two chests in the final room:
- Stormreaver Fresco - Drops on Leaving Adventure, Destroyed on Exiting Adventure, Destroyed on Death
- "This is a fragment of a 40,000 year old fresco. It depicts the Stormreaver, an ancient giant hero."
Picking up this item from its chest ends the quest. It may be safely discarded before exiting the quest.
- Aggression bonus: 9 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 13 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 16 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 5 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 6 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 8 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 16 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 21 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 25 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: Two (plus one non-loot)
- One for slaying the Master of the Hounds & the Pack Leader
- One for slaying Zircon
- Another in the same room, containing only the Stormreaver Fresco, the end-goal of the quest
- Collectables: Four
- Alchemy Table and Bookshelf in the eastern room on the upper floor
- Bookshelf in the western room on the upper floor.
- Cabinet in the room with the Fresco
- NPC rewards: Three
- Random loot and a chance for named items:
||2||Repossession, End reward|
||2||Repossession, End reward|
|Attack Dog (view)||Animal||Dog|
|Gargoyle (view)||Monstrous Humanoid||Gargoyle|
|Master of the Hounds (view)||Humanoid||Human|
|Pack Leader (view)||Animal||Dog|
|Syndicate Arcanist (view)||Humanoid||Human|
|Syndicate Muscle (view)||Humanoid||Human|
|Syndicate Swiftblade (view)||Humanoid||Human|
|Zircon (view)||Living Construct||Warforged|