Game mechanics • Newbie guide • In development • DDO Store • Social Media
Challenges • Classes • Collectables • Crafting • Enhancements • Epic Destinies • Favor • Feats
Glossary • Items • Maps • Monsters • Places • Quests • Races • Reincarnation • Skills • Spells
Please create an account or log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat/Discord if you need any help!
The Stormreaver Fresco
|The Stormreaver Fresco is the 3rd quest in The Sharn Syndicate story arcStory arcs are chains of quests that make up a story line.|
Completing everything in a story arc often yields a nice reward..
|The first five quests can be completed in any order to unlock Come Out and Slay.|
|Stand Your Ground • Dirty Laundry • The Stormreaver Fresco • The Bookbinder Rescue • Repossession • Come Out and Slay|
House Kundarak pays the Stormreach Guard to respond to emergencies at Lordsmarch Bank. Some question the wisdom of this, given the city guard's dubious reputation.
| Requires access to adventure pack|
|The Stormreaver Fresco|
|Heroic XP:||♣444Solo/Casual ♦793Normal ♥846Hard ♠900Elite|
|Takes place in:||Lordsmarch Bank|
|Bestowed by:||Burgundy Tir|
|NPC contact:||Burgundy Tir|
|Quest acquired in:||The Marketplace|
|Patron:||The Coin Lords|
|Purchase:||The Sharn Syndicate or VIP|
Burgundy Tir asked you to protect a fresco fragment while his agent withdraws it from a deposit box.
You are to meet the agent, Zircon, at the Lordsmarch Bank's side-entrance.
Spoiler Warning: Spoiler material below this point!
- Gather inside the Vault and retrieve the Stormreaver Fresco
- Escape the vault
- (Failure) Player or hireling leaves before quest is complete (hidden)
- (Optional) Resist opening the Deposit Boxes — Bonus (40%): Heroic( ♣178 ♦317 ♥338 ♠360 )
- (Optional) Slay the Vault Guardian — Bonus (20%): Heroic( ♣89 ♦159 ♥169 ♠180 )
- (Optional) Slay the undead Vanya Amanatu — Bonus (20%): Heroic( ♣89 ♦159 ♥169 ♠180 )
- (Optional) Don't kill any guards — Bonus (40%): Heroic( ♣178 ♦317 ♥338 ♠360 )
What to Expect
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Randomly placed portal (optional)
- Gather your party before venturing forth
Tips and Misc
- To escape the vault, you need to destroy two Refined Cannith Crystals. These require immense damage to destroy, and two Iron Sentinels continually spawn while you do so. They're particularly vulnerable to Force and Sonic weapons.
- If you decide to loot the deposit boxes, that optional isn't automatically listed as having failed. The stuff inside them is worthless junk (you can't even vendor it); however, one box will contain a portal to another vault, which contains another Refined Cannith Crystal and the Vault Guardian (a huge Iron Defender); destroying this crystal lowers a barrier to a room containing several deposit boxes. The Vault Guardian doesn't awaken until the crystal is attacked.
- When you open one of these deposit boxes, they all open, revealing several dwarf zombies, including the optional Vanya Amanatu.
- The other boxes in this vault contain some very odd stuff, including Infernal runes, a ship's anchor, a pickaxe, a tiny Gargoyle and Clay Golem, and the skeleton of an Angel.
- If your party doesn't contain a rogue (or doesn't want to use all the Thieves' Tools it would require), there's a lever in the main area of the bank, inside the middle pit, which will unlock all the deposit boxes; once you complete the quest (by deactivating the alarm) a forcefield goes up over that teller pit. Even if you pull it first, you can't open any deposit boxes after completing the quest.
- Once you shut off the alarm, (note: you must use the levers on both sides of the room to disable the alarm) the guards ignore you; apparently, House Kundarak only pays them to kill thieves while the alarm is triggered.
- Of interesting note is that the optional slaying of Vanya and the Guardian add up to the same bonus XP as leaving the deposit boxes alone, and you can't do both sets.
- On Elite (RP-1), the Slaying adds up to a higher XP bonus than the Deposit Boxes.
- The deposit boxes can be unlocked with an 11 (a natural 1 + 10 bonus) on Elite.
- Devious bonus: 2 or fewer monsters killed +7% Bonus.( ♣31 ♦56 ♥59 ♠63 )
- Aggression bonus: 13 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.( ♣44 ♦79 ♥85 ♠90 )
- Onslaught bonus: 17 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.( ♣67 ♦119 ♥127 ♠135 )
- Conquest bonus: 20 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.( ♣111 ♦198 ♥212 ♠225 )
- Chests: Three
- One beyond the portal, in a deposit box.
- One for defeating Vanya Amanatu, in the same place.
- One in one of the teller pits, in the northeast corner
- NPC rewards: normal unbound end reward list (versus BtA from the other Sharn Syndicate quests)
|Name ( picture )||CR||Type||Race|
|City Guard Archer ( view • edit )||CRs missing!||Humanoid||Human|
|City Guard Officer ( view • edit )||♠9Elite||Humanoid||Human|
|City Guard ( view • edit )||CRs missing!||Humanoid||Human|
|Guard Folger ( view • edit )||♥6Hard ♠10Elite||Humanoid||Human|
|Iron Sentinel ( view • edit )||Construct||Iron Defender|
|Refined Cannith Crystal ( view • edit )||0||Construct||Inanimate Object|
|Rotting Dwarf Zombie ( view • edit )||♦2Normal ♥4Hard ♠7Elite ●♦7Epic Normal||Undead||Zombie|
|Vanya Amanatu ( view • edit )||♠12Elite||Undead||Zombie|
|Vault Guardian (Iron Defender) ( view • edit )||♠11Elite||Construct||Iron Defender|
- The Sharn Syndicate chain quests
- The Sharn Syndicate quests
- Short quests
- Lordsmarch Bank quests
- The Marketplace quests
- The Coin Lords patron quests
- Pay to Play quests
- Quests with no traps
- Quests with collectables/none
- Quests by name
- Compendium:Level 4 quests
- Level 4 quests
- Quests with 2 base favor reward
- Quests with maps
- Pages sourced by DDO forums
DDOwiki maintenance categories
DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories
Root > DDO game guides > Maps > Quests with maps
Root > DDO library
Root > DDO meta
Root > DDO meta > DDO Official
Root > DDOwiki meta
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Pay to Play quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by adventure pack > The Sharn Syndicate quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by duration > Short quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by favor reward > Quests with 2 base favor reward
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by level > DDO Compendium
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by level > Level 4 quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by location > The Marketplace quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by name
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by patron > The Coin Lords patron quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by story arc > The Sharn Syndicate chain quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by zone > Lordsmarch Bank quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests with no traps
Root > DDOwiki meta > External links > Pages sourced by DDO forums