The Stormreaver Fresco
Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
|The Stormreaver Fresco is the 3rd quest in The Sharn Syndicate .|
|Stand Your Ground • Dirty Laundry • The Stormreaver Fresco • The Bookbinder Rescue • Repossession • Come Out and Slay|
House Kundarak pays the Stormreach Guard to respond to emergencies at Lordsmarch Bank. Some question the wisdom of this, given the city guard's dubious reputation.
|Requires access to : The Sharn Syndicate|
|The Stormreaver Fresco|
|Takes place in:||Lordsmarch Bank|
|Bestowed by:||Burgundy Tir|
|NPC contact:||Burgundy Tir|
|Quest acquired in:||The Marketplace|
|Patron:||The Coin Lords|
|Free to Play:||No|
Burgundy Tir asked you to protect a fresco fragment while his agent withdraws it from a deposit box.
You are to meet the agent, Zircon, at the Lordsmarch Bank's side-entrance.
- Gather inside the Vault and retrieve the Stormreaver Fresco
- Escape the vault
- (Optional) Resist opening the Deposit Boxes +40% Bonus.
- (Optional) Slay the Vault Guardian +20% Bonus.
- (Optional) Slay the undead Vanya Amanatu +20% Bonus.
- (Optional) Don't kill any guards +40% Bonus.
- (Failure) Player or hireling leaves before quest is complete
What to Expect
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Randomly placed portal (optional)
- Quest failure (if a player leaves the quest or a hireling is dismissed)
- Gather your party before venturing forth
Tips and Misc
- To escape the vault, you need to destroy two Refined Cannith Crystals. These require immense damage to destroy, and two Iron Sentinels continually spawn while you do so. They're particularly vulnerable to Force and Sonic weapons.
- If you decide to loot the deposit boxes, that optional isn't automatically listed as having failed. Most of the stuff inside them is worthless junk (you can't even vendor it); however, one box will contain a portal to another vault, which contains another Refined Cannith Crystal and the Vault Guardian (a huge Iron Defender); destroying this crystal lowers a barrier to a room containing several deposit boxes. The Vault Guardian doesn't awaken until the crystal is attacked.
- When you open one of these deposit boxes, they all open, revealing several dwarf zombies, including the optional Vanya Amanatu.
- If your party doesn't contain a rogue (or doesn't want to use all the Thieves' Tools it would require), there's a lever in the main area of the bank, inside the middle pit, which will unlock all the deposit boxes; once you complete the quest (by deactivating the alarm) a forcefield goes up over that teller pit. Even if you pull it first, you can't open any deposit boxes after completing the quest.
- Once you shut off the alarm, (note: you must use the levers on both sides of the room to disable the alarm) the guards ignore you; apparently, House Kundarak only pays them to kill thieves while the alarm is triggered.
- Of interesting note is that the optional slaying of Vanya and the Guardian add up to the same bonus XP as leaving the deposit boxes alone, and you can't do both sets.
- The deposit boxes can be unlocked with an 11 (a natural 1 + 10 bonus) on Elite.
- Aggression bonus: 13 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 17 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 20 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Chests: Three
- One beyond the portal, in a deposit box.
- One for defeating Vanya Amanatu, in the same place.
- One in one of the teller pits, in the northeast corner
- NPC rewards: normal unbound end reward list (vs. BtA from the other Sharn quests)