Stand Your Ground
This article is underlinked:
This article needs more links to other articles to help integrate it into the encyclopedia. Please help improve this article by adding links that are relevant to the context within the existing text. (November 2020)
|Stand Your Ground is the 1st quest in The Sharn Syndicate .|
|Stand Your Ground • Dirty Laundry • The Stormreaver Fresco • The Bookbinder Rescue • Repossession • Come Out and Slay|
The Sharn Syndicate's life blood is the money they extort from innocent business owners in Stormreach.
|Requires access to : The Sharn Syndicate|
|Stand Your Ground|
|Takes place in:||The Dragontail Saloon|
|Bestowed by:||Maxwell Statler|
|NPC contact:||Maxwell Statler|
|Quest acquired in:||The Marketplace|
|Patron:||The Coin Lords|
|Free to Play:||No|
When you heard Maxwell's drunken lament of how the Sharn Syndicate is coming to take his beloved saloon away, you offered to help him and his brother fight them.
The Dragontail Saloon is in the Marketplace, right next to Maxwell.
- (Failure) Protect Maxwell
- (Optional) Protect Rance — Bonus (50%): Heroic
What to Expect
- Quest failure (if Maxwell dies)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Protect NPCs (mandatory: 1 and optional: 1)
Tips and Misc
- The attackers come in several waves of ranged and melee attackers spawning either near the door or on the upper floor near the southwest corner.
- After defeating the underlings (around 38), Slab and a couple of attack dogs spawn on the upper floor, near the center.
- Maxwell stays on a perch on the upper floor and ranges; Rance runs around and melees. Keeping an eye on them (especially Maxwell) will let you know where the enemies are. You can cast beneficial spells upon them.
- Aggression bonus: 23 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 30 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 37 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 13 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 17 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 21 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 1 possible
- One may appear next to Maxwell at the end of the quest, if Rance survives.
- Collectables: None
- NPC rewards: Special: Choose from four level 5 equivalent cloaks, gloves, necklaces, or rings. Bound to Account on Acquire, no minimum level.
|Attack Dog (view)||Animal||Dog|
|Slab the Crusher (view)||Humanoid||Human|
|Syndicate Archer (view)||Elf||Elf|
|Syndicate Muscle (view)||Humanoid||Human|
|Syndicate Prowler (view)||Halfling||Halfling|
|Syndicate Swiftblade (view)||Humanoid||Human|