North of the King's Forest lies a small farming village - a common stop for adventurers before the Drow began their vicious assault on the surface world.
Eveningstar is a town area introduced in Update 14 and players' hub in Forgotten Realms. The Eveningstar village can be found on the kingdom of the Cormyr north from the Lake of Dragons (see FR wiki entry for more details in Forgotten Realms setting).
Minimum level for accessing Eveningstar:
- Level 1 if you're a TR with Key to the City - Eveningstar from your previous life
- Level 11, if you're grouped with someone higher.
- Level 12, if you're not.
- Level 14 to enter the heroic The High Road wilderness area.
- Level 15 to do challenges, non-epic quests within the Eveningstar village, and heroic The Storm Horns wilderness area.
- Level 20 to enter other wilderness areas
Getting to Eveningstar
- The simplest way is to have a Hall of Heroes Passport, free to VIP's and all Iconic characters, and for purchase from the DDO Store. This lets you use the "Transport to Forgotten Realms" button on the Character Select screen to move your character to the Hall of Heroes in Eveningstar, regardless of level and even if you haven't done the Web of Chaos quests. If you are in-game, you must log out to get to the Character Select screen.
- Without the passport, to get from Stormreach to Eveningstar for the first time, characters must complete the free-to-play Web of Chaos quest chain. Start by speaking to Gatekeeper Grazla in the Harbor. Note that the portal is not visible to characters who are not on (or have not completed) this chain.
- Once you've completed the chain, whenever you need to go from Eberron to Eveningstar, you can walk to Eveningstar:
- Go to the quest/chain entry portal in the Harbor (across the walkway from the entry to The Waterworks).
- Choose "Go to the Demonweb entrance. (Menace to the Underdark expansion pack". This will send you to the Spinner's Prison, which holds no danger (for this discussion), but is a safe "between worlds" pocket area.
- Run forward (north/up on the map) toward the dais where Tavnar Kronnak is standing with a pet wolf.
- Bend left (NW on the map) and up the web-bridge toward the purple portal, The Demonweb. (It's safe, you can't fall off.)
- Choose "Travel to Eveningstar Cavern", another safe pocket area.
- Run forward (roughly southwest on the map), up the stone ramp, and out the obvious cave mouth - and you'll find yourself just south of Eveningstar village.
- After reaching 125 Purple Dragon Knights favor, you will receive a Key to the City - Eveningstar as a favor reward item. This item will allow you to teleport back to Eveningstar, with a cooldown of 30 minutes.
- If you own the Mists of Ravenloft expansion, from the three small public areas, you can exit to Eveningstar or House Jorasco.
Getting back from Eveningstar
To return to Eberron (Stormreach) from Forgotten Realms (Eveningstar), either...
- Enter the Eveningstar Hall of Heroes, then go back out - you'll have the option to go to "Eveningstar Cavern"
- * Sometimes, the portal says "blocked"; try entering from various angles and distances to go through.
- Run south of Eveningstar village and across the river to "Eveningstar Cavern" (green portal symbol on your map)*
- Run forward to the purple portal, "The Demonweb". (The jump is not far, but there's a steep ramp a little on your left if you'd prefer to use that.)
- Select "Return to the Spinner's Prison in Khyber".
- Run forward (south on the map) to the large blue portal, "Stormreach" - and you'll find yourself in the lower Harbor, roughly across the water from the Waterworks.
- You can also enter any of the Temple of Elemental Evil quests from Forgotten Realms Halls of Heroes. When you exit the quest, you appear in Eberron Halls of Heroes.
- You can also return to Eberron via teleportation spells or Guild Airship Beacon.
- If your soul is bound to an Eberron location, you can "release" after you've died, or type "/death".
- The Character Select screen also has a "Transport to Eberron" button, which moves you to the Hall of Heroes in the Marketplace.
- You can enter Barovia from Eveningstar side and exit to House Jorasco.
Points of interest
- Entrance to The High Road (Caravan to the left of The King's Forest gate)
- Entrance to The King's Forest (North entrance and teleport to southern outpost)
- Entrance to The Storm Horns (North-east corner via the bridge)
- Entrance to the Thunder Peaks (North-east corner via the bridge)
- Entrance to Wheloon Docks
- Portal to the Underdark
- Portal to the Demonweb (and to Eberron)
- Portal to Sschindylryn
- Underdark Arena Recruiter (challenges)
The Lonesome Tankard (inn)
- Melinde Agister, spirit binder
- Brokers for weapons, armor, jewelry, hirelings (including epic hirelings) and clothing
- Milus Sherton, <Transport Officer>
- Tellie Scavelman <Villager Trader>
- Wilkan Drome <Cleric Trader>
- Arcton Greenwort <Druid Trader>
- Torgar Falmon <Purple Dragon Knight Trader>
- Relton Trapalo <War Wizard Trader>
- Fatespinner and class trainers
- Purple Dragon Knights favor representative
- Mikrom Sum <Purple Dragon Knight Patron Vendor>
- Arman Argentine <Mines of Tethyamar Recruiter>
Quests and challenges
- Murder by Night bestowed by Delethir Mistveil, heroic only
- The Riddle bestowed by Ingval Muth, heroic only
- Search and Rescue bestowed by Popkin 'The Shiv' Shortshanks, heroic, epic
- The Mask of Deception bestowed by Hamish Graymoor, heroic, epic
- Don't Drink the Water bestowed by Unmar Halberg, must have The Battle for Eveningstar completed, epic
- In the Belly of the Beast bestowed by Sorina Parnock, must have The Battle for Eveningstar completed, epic, dungeon entrance located in the Underdark
- A Study in Sable bestowed by Winne Harker, epic
- The Haunted Halls of Eveningstar bestowed by Alyn Farrago, epic
- King's Forest - Bestowed by Adamor Thellik
- Song of Druid's Deep - bestowed by Anazar Narroun (The Druid's Deep pack required)
- Queen of the Demonweb - bestowed by Xarathas
- Underdark - bestowed by Korrex Dunhaven
- Netherese Legacy - bestowed by Rina Belostos (High Road of Shadows pack required)
- Disciples of Shadow (Shadowfell Conspiracy expansion required for the last quest)
Main article - Eveningstar Challenge Pack
Menace of the Underdark quests
Main article - Menace of the Underdark (story arc)