Oriphanun Huntsilver's journal, containing a fabled Nether Scroll, has vanished and the Harpers are in need of your help to retrieve it!
High Road of Shadows is a Forgotten Realms adventure pack introduced with Update 16, free for VIPs and 750 Turbine Points in the DDO Store. It includes 5 quests (level 24) and a level 24 wilderness area, the High Road.
At Update 19, this zone gained an Heroic option as a level 18 Wilderness area, and the quests as well gained heroic level 18 versions. This is the first zone in DDO that got the reverse epic upgrade.
The Netherese Legacy
The quest chain/story arc is called The Netherese Legacy in your Quest Journal. All quests are found in The High Road wilderness adventure area. Take the Harper's Cart in the northwestern section of Eveningstar to start the adventure.
Chain bestowed by Rina Belostos
You must complete the first four quests (in any order) before you can enter The End of the Road. Once all quests are completed, return to Rina Belostos to claim your final reward.
| Quest Name
|| Quest Level
|| Total Favor
||18 (24 on Epic)
||18 (24 on Epic)
|Lost in the Swamp
||18 (24 on Epic)
|A Stay at the Inn
||18 (24 on Epic)
|The End of the Road *
||18 (24 on Epic)
|| 5 Quests
* Requires flagging.
In the Forgotten Realms, every third completion of a quest chain will provide a reward list with a 50% chance for each item that could have normally appeared in that list to appear. Completions which are not the third or a subsequent multiple of three have a 25% chance for those items to appear. Only the ML23 versions of the items are available in this way.
The end reward of the whole chain given by NPC Rina Belostos after completing all of above quests (called Netherese Legacy in your quest journal) is a mix of items that can be pulled from one of the optional chests in the chain (e.g. Nether Grasps), as well as 3 Commendations of your choice. So a player has the chance to pull an item directly in one of the quests or get it at the end of the chain.
Note that you can talk to Rina and run the chain again - in any order, as long as you do all five quests - for another reward.
NOTE: Named items that can appear on this end reward list will have a 100% chance of appearing on every third completion of the story arc.
You can select from one of these items when talking to Rina Belostos in the Eveningstar at the end of the quest chain. All items are Bound to Character on Equip, and are the Epic Normal (ML 23) version.
- Bastion - Planeforged Steel Tower Shield with +6 Enhancement Bonus+6 Enhancement Bonus: +6 enhancement bonus to Armor Class, attack and damage rolls., Improved BashingImproved Bashing: On Shield Bash: 2 to 12 additional Bludgeoning damage., Shield Bashing 10%, DRDamage Reduction 10/Piercing: Reduces physical damage by 10, except from Piercing attacks. 10/Piercing, Sheltering +9 Sheltering +9: +9 Enhancement bonus to Physical and Magical Resistance Ratings
- Bracers of Twisting Shade - Leather Bracers with Disable Device +17Disable Device +17: Passive: +17 Competence bonus to the Disable Device skill., Search +17Search +17: Passive: +17 Competence bonus to the Search skill., Exceptional Seeker 4Exceptional Seeker 4: Provides a +4 Insight bonus to confirm critical hits, and a +4 Insight bonus to critical hit damage (before multipliers are applied)., Blurry, Resistance +6 Resistance +6: Passive: +6 Resistance bonus to Fortitude, Reflex, and Will Saving Throws.
- Forgotten Light - Dwarven Iron Heavy Mace (uses STR/WIS for attack & damage, double threat range) with Spellcasting Implement +18Spellcasting Implement +18: Passive: +18 Implement bonus to Universal Spell Power., +6 Enhancement Bonus+6 Enhancement Bonus: +6 enhancement bonus to attack and damage rolls., Greater GoodGreater Good: This weapon is infused with the ultimate power of good. It does an additional 2 to 12 damage to non-good targets and can only be wielded by good aligned characters., Devotion +108Devotion +108: Passive: +108 Equipment bonus to Positive (Healing) Spell Power., Radiance +108Radiance +108: Passive: +108 Equipment bonus to Light and Alignment Spell Power.
- Ironwood Khopesh - Wood Khopesh (breaks DR Adamantine) with 2.50[1d8], +6 Enhancement Bonus+6 Enhancement Bonus: +6 enhancement bonus to attack and damage rolls., Greater Stone Prison, ImpellentImpellent: This weapon is pulsing with magical force. It deals and additional 2 to 12 force damage on a successful hit.
- Nether Grasps - Leather Gloves with Lesser Arcane Casting Dexterity, Open Lock +17Open Lock +17: Passive: +17 Competence bonus to the Open Lock skill., Diversion 20%, Seeker 8 Seeker 8: Provides a +8 Enhancement bonus to confirm critical hits, and a +8 Enhancement bonus to critical hit damage (before multipliers are applied)., Demonic Might (Profane STR +2)
- Roadwatch Bow - Darkwood Longbow with 2.50[1d8], +6 Enhancement Bonus+6 Enhancement Bonus: +6 enhancement bonus to attack and damage rolls., Absolute LawAbsolute Law: This weapon is infused with the ultimate power of law. It does an additional 2 to 12 damage to non-lawful targets and can only be wielded by Lawful aligned characters., AlignedAligned: This weapon transmutes into a form that is able to bypass any alignment based Damage Reduction. (Chaotic, Good, Evil, Lawful), Heartseeker VHeartseeker V: On Critical Hit: 11 to 66 Piercing damage from weapons with a x2 Critical Multiplier, 11 to 88 damage from weapons with a x3 Critical Multiplier, and 11 to 110 damage from weapons with a x4 or Greater Multiplier. (see below)
- Shadowmail - Spiritforged Iron Scalemail with +6 Enhancement Bonus+6 Enhancement Bonus: +6 enhancement bonus to Armor Class., TwilightTwilight: This suit of armor, favored by eladrin spellcasters, becomes semi-incorporeal when donned. The twilight armor reduces the chance of arcane spell failure by -10%., Random Spell Power (Combustion +108Combustion +108: Passive: +108 Equipment bonus to Fire Spell Power., Corrosion +108Corrosion +108: Passive: +108 Equipment bonus to Acid Spell Power., Glaciation +108Glaciation +108: Passive: +108 Equipment bonus to Cold Spell Power., or Impulse +108Impulse +108: Passive: +108 Equipment bonus to Force, Untyped, Slashing, Piercing, and Bludgeoning Spell Power., Wizardry IXWizardry IX: This item grants the wearer +225 maximum spell points. Sorcerers and Favored Souls gain up to double spell points from items., Arcane Lore
- Treads of Falling Shadow - Leather Boots, with Striding +30%Striding +30%: Makes the wearer more fleet of foot, giving a 30% bonus to run speed., Ghostly, Dexterity +7 Dexterity +7: This item makes the wearer more nimble and dexterous, granting a +7 enhancement bonus to Dexterity., Insightful Dexterity +2Insightful Dexterity +2: This item makes the wearer more nimble and dexterous, granting a +2 insight bonus to Dexterity.
- Whisperchain - Mithral Chainmail with +6 Enhancement Bonus+6 Enhancement Bonus: +6 enhancement bonus to Armor Class., Blurry, Ghostly, Superior False Life, Exceptional Sneak Attack +3, Heightened Awareness 4
- Wizard's Ward - +6, Random Spell Power (Combustion +108Combustion +108: Passive: +108 Equipment bonus to Fire Spell Power., Corrosion +108Corrosion +108: Passive: +108 Equipment bonus to Acid Spell Power., Glaciation +108Glaciation +108: Passive: +108 Equipment bonus to Cold Spell Power., Impulse +108Impulse +108: Passive: +108 Equipment bonus to Force, Untyped, Slashing, Piercing, and Bludgeoning Spell Power. or Magnetism +108Magnetism +108: Passive: +108 Equipment bonus to Electricity Spell Power.), Spell Focus IISpell Focus II: Passive: +2 equipment bonus to the DC to resist all your spells., Spell Penetration III Spell Penetration III: Passive: +3 Equipment bonus to Spell Penetration checks., Elemental Absorption 10%Elemental Absorption 10%: Passive: 10% Enhancement Bonus to Acid, Cold, Fire, and Electrical Absorption. (Absorption reduces damage from an element by a percentage, after resistance have been taken into account.)
Note that you will frequently get 2-3 copies of the same item in your reward list.