The Tracker's Trap
Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
Please help improve this page.
You can help by editing this page. For suggestions, please see the talk page, or embedded <!-- comments --> while .
|Requires access to : Shadowfell Conspiracy|
Harper Agent Oriphaun Huntsilver has sent an urgent request for backup to meet him at a location near the Storm Horns Mountains. He seems to have uncovered a new threat gathering in the wilds.
|The Tracker's Trap|
|Takes place in:||The Yarrow Glade|
|Bestowed by:||Nevyle Dunwaite|
|NPC contact:||Nevyle Dunwaite|
|Quest acquired in:||Eveningstar|
|Free to Play:||No|
Master Harper Nevyle Dunwaite has asked you to assist a Harper agent who's been spying on Netherese activities up in the Storm Horn Mountains.
Once you're at the foothils of the Storm Horns, follow the road East untill you reach Yarrow Glade. Harper Agent Oriphaun Huntsilver is waiting to give you his report there.
- This is the first quest in the Secret of the Storm Horns story arc, although you can complete the first four quests in any order to flag for the final one.
- Speak to Oriphaun
- Look for Oriphaun's Journal
- Escape the Netherese ambush
- (Optional) Find the lost pages of Oriphaun's journal: 8 left /
- (Optional) Clear the Netherese from Haurugg's camp /
- (Optional) Defeat the mad druid /
- Net traps (triggered by pressure plates on ground)
- Trap Pit (with spikes) (Does not appear in the same spot)
- Spell Wards, warding some animated barrels
Tips and Misc
- Potentially up to two animated chests - Mimic (Does not appear in the same spot)
- The Journal Pages read (They seem to appear on different spots):
- (1) The Netherese and I have been playing a game of cat and mouse since I stole their Nether Scroll back in Wheloon. Only each of us is cat and mouse, both. If I can dodge their assassins a bit longer, I may be on to something.
- (2) Defeated a rather brutish agent of the Netherese last night. I have his staff and some papers. The staff is dangerous. I will trust it to my friend Halsaime for safe-keeping. And with luck, these papers will bear fruit.
- (3) At last, I've made some headway with these damned papers. They were magically concealed, of course. What they reveal is beyond troubling! It seems I will be making an expedition to the Storm Horns on their account. Alas, I'll have little time for picnics or fox-hunting while I'm there.
- (4) They have seen me now, I'm certain of it. It was a great risk, but well worth the trouble. I have learned there is something underway high at the mountain's summit. If what I fear is true... I must hope my message reaches the Harpers and they send someone. For now, I wait and hide. The Netherese are ever on my trail.
- (5) I must keep searching. Somewhere there is an answer. To gather an army of rough brutes and simply march on Cormyr - it is unlike the Netherese. There is some trick, some clever feint woven into this. There must be an answer, and I will find it.
- (6) It was only in the last tenday that I at last set foot in the Storm Horns. These lands seems thick with Netherese assassins, and I fear my presence has not gone entirely unnoticed. Still, I am here, and not a moment too soon...
- (7) My first discovery - an army of giants, orcs, and other monstrous creatures, gathering under the cover the of the mountain. There can be no doubt, they plan to invade Cormyr. I must get word to the Harpers at the very first opportunity I find.
- (8) To bring such disparate monsters into one organized army - what bribes and threats must the Netherese have used? How strong are those bonds, I wonder. I must pray a weak link may be found.
- Aggression bonus: 131-133 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 153 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 179 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 9 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 10 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 17 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 22 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 27 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 4
- 1 in the middle
- 1 at the mad druid
- 2 at the end.
- (and 1 or 2 animated chests (Mimic), which didn't give loot)
- Collectables: 4
- Adventurer's Pack behind the shrines near Haurugg
- Bones behind the rock in Haurugg's camp
- Bones around the corner from Luggan's camp
- Adventurer's Pack near Daegon's chest
- NPC rewards: Always contain following 3 named Cloaks
Named Chest Drop
- Magistrate's Scepter - Heavy Mace -
- Nether Orb - Orb
|Luggan the Cudgeler (view)||Giant||Giant|
|Netherese Orb (view)||0||Construct||Inanimate Object|
|Animated Object (view)||Construct||Animated Object|
|Chest (monster) (view)||Aberration||Mimic|
|Gnoll Skirmisher (view)||Gnoll||Gnoll|
|Gnoll Warlock (view)||Gnoll||Gnoll|
|Netherese Arcanist (view)||Humanoid||Human|
|Netherese Mage (view)||Humanoid||Human|
|Orc Archer (view)||Orc||Orc|
|Orc Battle Priest (view)||Orc||Orc|
|Owlbear (view)||Magical Beast||Owlbear|