The Lost Thread
Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
|Requires access to : Menace of the Underdark|
Mystra, the Goddess of Magic, vanished years ago, causing the Spellplague. Since then her temples have been left empty and abandoned.
|The Lost Thread|
|Takes place in:|| Abandoned Temple,|
in the King's Forest
|Bestowed by:||Cormul Haythorne|
|NPC contact:||Cormul Haythorne|
|Quest acquired in:||Eveningstar|
|Patron:||Purple Dragon Knights|
|Free to Play:||No|
One of the villagers, Ana Brabener, has been captured by the Drow. Go to the old Temple of Mystra inside the King's Forest and try to save her. Take the left fork out of Eveningstar, travel past a mill building with a rest shrine, and then go east through the swamp.
- This is part of the The Darkening story arc. You must complete it, Impossible Demands, and The Unquiet Graves (in any order) to enable access to The Battle for Eveningstar.
- Search for Ana in the temple
- Continue your search for Ana
- Remove Ana's slave collar
- Take Ana to safety
- (Optional) Free a slave +2.6% Bonus.
- (Optional) Free five more slaves +5.3% Bonus.
- (Optional) Free ten more slaves +13.3% Bonus.
- (Optional) Be a real hero, free twenty more slaves +13.3% Bonus.
- (Optional) Free the captured War Wizard +5.3% Bonus.
- Bear traps behind the secret door to the east (disabling them counts towards traps bonus)
- Fire Jets further down the secret corridor; cannot be disarmed
- Spell wards
Tips and Misc
- Unlocking collars is a straight strength check, or skill + d20 (Data here).
- Eldrin Szind will run to each corner of the archive and cast two each of water elementals, air elementals, salamander firebrands, and steadfast armor. To avoid him sacrificing any prisoners it is best to enter via the hidden passage.
The puzzle has a toggling feature, in that one lever may open one door, but if another lever is flipped, the previous one may open another door. This is do-able with a hire/pet. I did not write down my exact step-by-step, so I'll leave it for another trip through here or someone else who's better at describing puzzles.
- The levers toggle the following doors:
- The upper cell lever #a operate the first gate to the right #A.
- The upper lever #1 operate the gate in front of the ramp #B.
- The upper lever #2 opens the final door #G and the final exit past #E, though it also closes a door #D in between.
- The upper lever #3 toggle the gate #F in between.
- The lower lever #4 operates directly the gate #C next to it with the trapped war wizard.
- The lower lever #5 operates the gate #D close to it, to open the passage modified by lever #2.
- The lower lever #6 operates the final gate #E, to leave this room, as well as gate #B (see lever #1).
- If you manage to get yourself trapped between doors, a sufficient jump skill may allow you to climb on the furthest cell lever and up to the wall. While you cannot go back into the main room this way, you can get back to the second set of three levers and free yourself.
- From S1M0N5 on the forums: Lever 1 & 3 down then lever 5 & 6 down gets you through the gates to continue the quest. If you do lever 4 down before 5 & 6 you unlock the room with the War Wizard Orange name and his Slaver, kill the Slaver and release the Wizard then go back out and flip 4 again then 5 & 6 and you're through. As far as I can tell you can't get the other slaves without another party member or a hire.
- Killing the nearby slaver (hidden until damaged or spotted) will cause the slaves to stop attacking. However, if another slaver enters range, they will become aggressive again.
- Ana has a few options that allow you to control her motions. Basic commands are: "Follow", "Stay here", "Go Back". For the backtracking option, Ana will teleport back to the last rest shrine you have visited with her.
- Defeating Phargred Avithoul (dungeon boss) will allow you to uncollar the villagers and purple knights that assist in the battle. While killing the villagers that are under duress will not hurt you (no hit to XP), you may not be able to complete the optional if you haven't already freed 20 slaves.
- Possible bug: killing the first group of slaves in the final fight too quickly (such as with an AoE insta-kill ability) may result in the boss never emerging from behind his magical barrier, and the quest becoming uncompletable. Allowing enough time for the second set of slaves to emerge seems to avoid this problem.
- Discreet bonus: 36 or less monsters killed +5% Bonus.
- Aggression bonus: >52 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 6 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 14 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 17 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Perception bonus: 2 or more secret doors discovered +10% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 36 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 50 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Notes: ** Note: The numbers required for the traps bonus will change as you continue.
- Chests: 4
- 1 east for defeating Eldrin Szind - contains Weathered Key
- 1 north for defeating Odezzt Avithoul
- 1 west behind a secret door
- 1 End Chest - can drop Commendations
- NPC rewards: ML~20 items
Named Chest Drop
All items are ML 20 and .
- Ancient Gemstone - Docent - , , ,
- Archaic Device - Rune Arm - Force Shot, Maximum Charge Tier V, , , ,
|Collared Ana Brabener (view)||Epic||Humanoid||Human|
|Eldrin Szind (view)||Epic||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Odezzt Avithoul (view)||Epic||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Phargred Avithoul (view)||Epic||Aberration||Drider|
|Collared Cormyr War Wizard (view)||Epic||Humanoid||Human|
|Collared Purple Dragon Knight (view)||Humanoid||Human|
|Cormyr War Wizard (view)||Epic||Humanoid||Human|
|Air Elemental (view)||Elemental||Air Elemental|
|Animated Armor (view)||Construct||Animated Object|
|Collared Villager (view)||Humanoid||Human|
|Drow Archer (view)||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Drow Slaver (view)||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Drow Warrior (view)||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Steadfast Armor (view)||Construct||Animated Object|
|Swarmhorde Spider (view)||Vermin||Spider|
|Water Elemental (view)||Elemental||Water Elemental|
The above was automatically compiled via DPL, 18:16:15 result from cache, age: 05:47:34 of max 1 day - if you think that's not up-to-date, (please, use sparingly, since it puts some additional load on the server)
|Slave collar DC|