|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
The Lost Thread
|Requires access to adventure pack: Menace of the Underdark|
Mystra, the Goddess of Magic, vanished years ago, causing the Spellplague. Since then her temples have been left empty and abandoned.
|The Lost Thread|
|Epic XP:||♣13,079 ♦17,060 ♥17,357 ♠17,654|
|Takes place in:|| Abandoned Temple,|
in King's Forest
|NPC contact:||Cormul Haythorne|
|Quest acquired in:||Eveningstar|
|Patron:||Purple Dragon Knights|
|Free to Play:||No|
One of the villagers, Ana Brabener, has been captured by the Drow. Go to the old Temple of Mystra inside the King's Forest and try to save her. Take the left fork out of Eveningstar, travel past a mill building with a rest shrine, and then go east through the swamp.
- This is part of the The Darkening story arc. You must complete it, Impossible Demands, and The Unquiet Graves (in any order) to enable access to The Battle for Eveningstar.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Search for Ana in the temple
- Continue your search for Ana
- Remove Ana's slave collar
- Take Ana to safety
- (Optional) Free a slave (2.6%)
- (Optional) Free five more slaves (5.3%)
- (Optional) Free ten more slaves (13.3%)
- (Optional) Be a real hero, free twenty more slaves (13.3%)
- (Optional) Free the captured War Wizard (5.3%)
- bear traps behind the secret door to the east (disabling them counts towards traps bonus)
- Fire Jets further down the secret corridor; cannot be disarmed
- spell wards
Tips and Misc
Unlocking collars is a straight strength check, or skill + d20.
- Concentration: Casual 46 succeeded, Normal 53 succeeded, Hard : 57 failed 58 succeeded, elite 61 fail 63 success
- Strength: Normal 50 succeeded, Elite : 55 failed 56 succeeded
- Open Lock: Normal 52 failed 67 passed
- UMD: Normal 40-42, hard 46-47
- Repair: Hard 65 failed
- Disable Device: Hard: 58
- Eldrin Szind will run to each corner of the archive and cast two each of water elementals, air elementals, salamander firebrands, and steadfast armor. To avoid him sacrificing any prisoners it is best to enter via the hidden passage.
The puzzle has a toggling feature, in that one lever may open one door, but if another lever is flipped, the previous one may open another door. This is do-able with a hire/pet. I did not write down my exact step-by-step, so I'll leave it for another trip through here or someone else who's better at describing puzzles.
- The levers toggle the following doors:
- The upper cell lever #a operate the first gate to the right #A.
- The upper lever #1 operate the gate in front of the ramp #B.
- The upper lever #2 opens the final door #G and the final exit past #E, though it also closes a door #D in between.
- The upper lever #3 toggle the gate #F in between.
- The lower lever #4 operates directly the gate #C next to it with the trapped war wizard.
- The lower lever #5 operates the gate #D close to it, to open the passage modified by lever #2.
- The lower lever #6 operates the final gate #E, to leave this room, as well as gate #B (see lever #1).
- If you manage to get yourself trapped between doors, a sufficient jump skill may allow you to climb on the furthest cell lever and up to the wall. While you cannot go back into the main room this way, you can get back to the second set of three levers and free yourself.
- From S1M0N5 on the forums: Lever 1 & 3 down then lever 5 & 6 down gets you through the gates to continue the quest. If you do lever 4 down before 5 & 6 you unlock the room with the War Wizard Orange name and his Slaver, kill the Slaver and release the Wizard then go back out and flip 4 again then 5 & 6 and you're through. As far as I can tell you can't get the other slaves without another party member or a hire.
- Killing the nearby slaver (hidden until damaged or spotted) will cause the slaves to stop attacking. However, if another slaver enters range, they will become aggressive again.
- Ana has a few options that allow you to control her motions. Basic commands are: "Follow", "Stay here", "Go Back". For the backtracking option, Ana will teleport back to the last rest shrine you have visited with her.
- Defeating Phargred Avithoul (dungeon boss) will allow you to uncollar the villagers and purple knights that assist in the battle. While killing the villagers that are under duress will not hurt you (no hit to XP), you won't be able to complete the optional.
- Aggression bonus: >52 monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 6 traps disarmed +8% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 14 traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 17 traps disarmed +15% Bonus.
- Perception bonus: 2 secret doors discovered +10% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 36 breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 50 breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 74 breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Note: The numbers required for the traps bonus will change as you continue.
- Chests: 4
- 1 east for defeating Eldrin Szind - contains Weathered Key
- 1 north for defeating Odezzt Avithoul
- 1 west behind a secret door
- 1 End Chest - can drop Commendations
- NPC rewards: ML~20 items
- Ancient Gemstone - Docent: (Adamantine Body +20 / Mithral Body +9 / Composite Plating +3) +6 Enhancement Bonus, Constitution +7, Resistance Save +6, Good Luck +2 [ML:20, Bound to Character on Equip] (upgradeable to add Eveningstar item set effects)
- Archaic Device - Rune Arm: Force Shot, Maximum Charge Tier V, Rune Arm Imbue: Force IV, Potency +60, Protection +6, Elemental Absorption 5% [ML:20, Bound to Character on Equip]
- Air Elementals
- Animated Armor
- Collared Villagers - Stop being hostile when slavers are slain
- Drow Archers
- Drow Slavers
- Drow Warriors
- Salamander Firebrands
- Steadfast Armor similar to Animated Armor
- Swarmhorde Spiders
- Water Elementals
- Collared Ana Brabener
- Collared Purple Dragon Knights - Orange-named humans; stop being hostile when slavers are slain
- Collared Cormyr War Wizard - Orange-named human; stops being hostile when slaver is slain
- Eldrin Szind - Red-named drow summoner CR 23/?/?
- Odezzt Avithoul - Red-named drow CR 23/?/?
- Phargred Avithoul <Master Slaver> - Red-named drider CR24/?/?