The Portal Opens
From DDO wiki
Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
|Requires access to : Menace of the Underdark|
|The Portal Opens|
|Takes place in:||Schindylryn Ziggurat|
|Bestowed by:||Jenneth Gosmere|
|NPC contact:||Jenneth Gosmere|
|Quest acquired in:||Eveningstar|
|Patron:||Purple Dragon Knights|
|Free to Play:||No|
- This is the end quest for the City of Portals story arc. You must complete The House of Rusted Blades, The House of Broken Chains, and The House of Death Undone (in any order) to enable access to this quest.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Gain entrance to the Temple of Lolth
- Defeat the High Priestess
- Find the spider brooch component.
- Find the ceremonial dagger component.
- (Optional) Kill Utheo Myar, the slavemaster +8% Bonus.
- (Optional) Slay the giant spider Shev'aal +8% Bonus.
Tips and Misc
- This quest consists primarily of a series of corridors that lead to a larger room, with an objective to accomplish for each room.
- Corridors are guarded by Acolytes and Wizards as well as driders, Drow assassins and fighters. Dungeon scaling operates heavily in this quest, so expect larger groups of mobs to spawn with larger parties.
- The first large room is where you'll eventually leave (via a yet-to-be activated portal) to meet the High Priestess boss. Once you clear the Drow enemies in this room (there will remain some spiders on the upper level), Ana and Elminster will arrive.
- The objective changes quietly and doesn't require you to speak to Elminster: Retrieve a ceremonial spider brooch and dagger from rooms located by using the corridors on the left and right of the central room.
- You may retrieve the items in any order.
- On entering a corridor, there will be some resistance to clear before you find a portal that leads you to each objective area.
- Each objective area has a corridor with two paths: one to the real objective, and the other leads you to an optional where you eliminate slavers or destroy spiders in a disused lair.
- A party member with Open Lock or Knock will be needed for some doors on these optional paths, see:
- Near each objective entrance is a shrine, so spell casters and healers can take some luxury in power-casting for offence and defence in each area, then using the Shrine as you leave the objective area.
- Each objective room has an orange-named boss.
- The dagger is guarded by a Blademaster
- The spider brooch by a Wizard.
- Each boss has a moderate guard of Driders, archers, mages and fighters that defend each room.
- On opening the door, the boss's will immediately head towards your location to attack you. It's practical for small parties not to enter the room but to divide and conquer: Let the boss approach alone, destroy him, then lure the others out.
- The items in each room are guarded by a force field that drops once all resistance is eliminated. Once the boss is down, the remaining forces of each room aren't especially deadly except on Epic Elite.
- After both the brooch and the dagger are retrieved, return to the central room and approach Elminster, who will automatically recognize that you have the components. The central portal activates and a guardian Drider will appear. After he gives a "None shall pass!" speech, most players will recognize him for the inept Pythonesque "Black Knight" that he is and quickly finish him off for a chest.
- End-fight time: Use the shrine on the upper level if required, buff your party and enter the central portal. Ana will enter the portal immediately after that guardian is down but there is no rush to join her, nor is it necessary to attempt to apply any buffs to her.
- You'll enter a large circular room with a central altar and a large portal ahead that players cannot enter. Players can return through the last portal they entered and to the shrine of the central room.
- Ahead on a platform is your first of three waves of attackers; several Drow of various types will attack you--but not before the High Priestess, standing near the larger portal, realizes that Ana is the Thread of the Weave incarnate, charms her and compels her to enter the restricted portal into the Demonweb. The priestess then orders the Drow to attack.
- Once all the Drow are neutralized, you fight the High Priestess for a time. When her health is down sufficiently, she'll animate many statues of driders and spiders to attack your party. The priestess cannot be attacked or damaged until all guardians are destroyed. Sometimes one or two of these don't sense the party, so if the priestess doesn't speak again to resume the fight, look for stragglers.
- After you beat the priestess down again she will call for her last wave of defence: four Dracolith demons and a handful of dretches.
- On dispatching these, you can finish attacking the priestess to within an inch of her life. Put your Voice of the Master on when you see a large bull-like demon appear. He kills the priestess and warns you not to attempt to enter the Demonweb (on some occasions, you might actually kill the priestess, but the end-game dialog between her and the demon will still be heard).
- Aggression bonus: 74 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 98 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: <123 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 16 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 21 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Collectables: 4
- Adventurer's Pack in the hall east of the main room, just before the room with the portal
- Adventurer's Pack at the end of the spider quarters
- Adventurer's Pack in one of the cells in the southern slave quarters
- Adventurer's Pack in the hall leading to the northern slave quarters
- NPC rewards: Standard, including a chance of +3 Tomes
Named Chest Drop
- Blade of the High Priestess - Dagger: 2[1d4]+6, Spellcasting Implement +18, Potency +72, Improved Paralyzing, Wisdom (Damages Wisdom), Wounding, Slay Living [ML:21,BtCoE]
|Hekta Szind (view)||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Namajj Hru'un (view)||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Priestess of Lolth (view)||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Sorntran Arkenep (view)||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Utheo Myar (view)||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Acolyte of Lolth (view)||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Acolyte (view)||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Deathjump Spider (view)||Vermin||Spider|
|Draegloth (view)||Evil Outsider||Demon|
|Guard (view)||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Guardian Statue (Drider) (NoPic)||Aberration||Drider|
|Guardian Statue (Spider) (NoPic)||Vermin||Spider|
|Ravenous Dretch (view)||Evil Outsider||Demon|
The above was automatically compiled via DPL, 18:33:54 result from cache, age: 09:26:26 of max 1 day - if you think that's not up-to-date, (please, use sparingly, since it puts some additional load on the server)