|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
The Portal Opens
From DDO wiki
|Please help improve this page.
You can help by editing this page. Please see the talk page for suggestions.
|Requires access to adventure pack: Menace of the Underdark|
|The Portal Opens|
|Epic XP:||♣13,257 ♦17,357 ♥17,654 ♠17,951|
|Takes place in:||SSchindylryn Ziggurat|
|NPC contact:||Korrex Dunhaven|
|Quest acquired in:||Eveningstar|
|Patron:||Purple Dragon Knights|
|Free to Play:||No|
- This is the end quest for the City of Portals story arc. You must complete The House of Rusted Blades, The House of Broken Chains, and The House of Death Undone (in any order) to enable access to this quest.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Gain entrance to the Temple of Lolth
- Defeat the High Priestess
- Find the spider brooch component.
- Find the ceremonial dagger component.
- (Optional) Kill Utheo Myar, the slavemaster (8% base XP)
- (Optional) Slay the giant spider Shev'aal (8% base XP)
Tips and Misc
- This quest consists primarily of a series of corridors that lead to a larger room, with an objective to accomplish for each room.
- Corridors are guarded by Acolytes and Wizards as well as driders, Drow assassins and fighters. Dungeon scaling operates heavily in this quest, so expect larger mobs with larger parties.
- The first large room is where you'll eventually leave (via a yet-to-be activated portal) to meet the High Priestess boss. Once you clear the Drow enemies in this room (there will remain some spiders on the upper level), Ana and Elminster will arrive.
- The objective changes quietly and doesn't require you to speak to Elminster: Retrieve a ceremonial spider brooch and dagger from rooms located on corridors left and right of the central room. You may retrieve the items in any order. On entering a corridor, there will be some resistance to clear before you find a portal that leads you to each objective area. Each objective area is a corridor with two paths: one to the objective, another to an optional where you eliminate slavers or destroy spiders in a disused lair. A party member with Open Lock or Knock will be needed for some doors on these optional paths.
- Near each objective entrance is a shrine, so spell casters and healers can take some luxury in power-casting for offense and defense in each area, then using the shrine as you leave the objective area.
- Each objective room has an orange-named boss. The dagger is guarded by a Blademaster; the spider brooch by a Wizard. Each boss has a moderate guard of driders, archers, mages and fighters that defend each room. On opening the door, the boss's will immediately head towards your location to attack you. It's practical for small parties not to enter the room but to divide and conquer: Let the boss approach alone, destroy him, then lure others out. The items in each room are guarded by a force field that drops once all resistance is eliminated. Once the boss is down, the remaining forces of each room aren't especially deadly except on Epic Elite.
- After both brooch and dagger are retrieved, return to the central room and approach Elminster, who will automatically recognize that you have the components. The central portal activates and a guardian drider will appear. After he gives a "None shall pass!" speech, most players will recognize him for the inept Pythoneque "Black Knight" that he is and quickly finish him off for a chest.
- End-fight time: Use the shrine on the upper level if required, buff your party and enter the central portal. Ana will enter the portal immediately after that guardian is down but there is no rush to join her, nor is it necessary to attempt to apply any buffs to her.
- You'll enter a large circular room with a central altar and a large portal ahead that players cannot enter. Players can return through the last portal they entered and to the shrine of the central room.
- Ahead on a platform is your first of three waves of attackers; several Drow of various types will attack you--but not before the High Priestess, standing near the larger portal, realizes that Ana is the Thread of the Weave incarnate, charms her and compels her to enter the restricted portal into the Demonweb. The priestess then orders the Drow to attack.
- Once all the Drow are neutralized, you fight the High Priestess for a time. When her health is down sufficiently, she'll animate many statues of driders and spiders to attack your party. The priestess cannot be attacked or damaged until all guardians are destroyed. Sometimes one or two of these don't sense the party, so if the priestess doesn't speak again to resume the fight, look for stragglers.
- After you give the priestess another beatdown, she will call for her last wave of defense: four dracolith demons and a handful of dretches.
- On dispatching these, you can finish attacking the priestess to an inch of her life. Put your Voice of the Master on when you see a large bull-like demon appear. He kills the priestess and warns you not to attempt to enter the Demonweb (on some occasions, you might actually kill the priestess, but the end-game dialog between her and the demon will still be heard).
- Aggression bonus: 77 monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: >100 monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: >123 monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 21 breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 26 breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- NPC rewards: Standard, including a chance of +3 Tomes
- Blade of the High Priestess - Dagger: 2[1d4]+6, Spellcasting Implement +18, Potency +72, Improved Paralyzing, Wisdom (Damages Wisdom), Wounding, Slay Living [ML:21,BtCoE]
- Acolytes of Lolth
- Collared Slaves
- Deathjump Spiders
- Guardian Statues - Spiders
- Guardian Statues - Driders
- Master Wizards
- Underdark Assassins