|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
|Requires access to adventure pack: Menace of the Underdark|
Many farmhouses have been ransacked by the Drow - there have been no survivors.
|Epic XP:||♣11,181 ♦13,670 ♥13,854 ♠14,083|
|Takes place in:||Midler Farmhouse|
|NPC contact:||Helena Falagon|
|Quest acquired in:||Eveningstar|
|Patron:||Purple Dragon Knights|
|Free to Play:||No|
The Drow have captured a farm house on the outskirts of the King's Forest and are holding its inhabitants hostage. Go to the Midler Farmstead and see what can be done. The Farmstead lies just west of Eveningstar in the King's Forest.
- This is part of the The Darkening story arc. You must complete it, The Unquiet Graves, and The Lost Thread (in any order) to enable access to The Battle for Eveningstar.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Talk to Priestess Vicala Szind
- (Optional) Save a hostage
- (Optional) Save more hostages
- (Optional) Save all the hostages
- (Optional) Defeat Warleader Speitar
- (Optional) Defeat the spider Akorstra
- (Optional) Save all hostages without being spotted by the Priestess
- Spell wards (fire)
Tips and Misc
- Vicala can only be slain after all prisoners have escaped or died
- On normal with sufficient DPS one may be able to slay the priestess before she drained the hostages in the room for health.
- Hirelings may attempt to rush the central room to attack the priestess if they had aggro on her before she flees the front room.
- Fleeing hostages spotted by the priestess will fail that optional objective, as well as causing a hostage to die and the priestess to gain her powerup
- The Priestess will only appear on your map as a red box on Casual and Normal difficulties; on Hard and Elite you must rely on the "nearby sound" warnings, making the final optional (and the bonus chest) painstakingly difficult and irritating to attain
- The Priestess walk pattern is from the cellar to end of the upper hall and back
- She will not agro on players in the upper rooms if they are away from the doors.
- Devious bonus: 1 monster killed +7% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 35 monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 5 traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 6 traps disarmed +15% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 8 breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 10 breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 12 breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 4
- 1 for killing Speitar
- 1 for killing Akorstra
- 1 end chest
- 1 for completing the objective, "Save all hostages without being spotted by the Priestess" at end (can drop Commendations, Villagers being the most prevalent)
- NPC rewards: ML~20 items
- Sacrificial Dagger - Dagger: 2[1d4], +6, Poison Burst, Random Enchantment (Constitution Poison, Virulent or Dexterity Poison, Virulent or Strength Poison, Virulent), Negative Energy Spike, Life Stealing, Lesser Vampirism [ML:20,BtCoE]