Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
|Requires access to : Menace of the Underdark|
Many farmhouses have been ransacked by the Drow - there have been no survivors.
|Takes place in:||Midler Farmhouse|
|Bestowed by:||Helena Falagon|
|NPC contact:||Helena Falagon|
|Quest acquired in:||Eveningstar|
|Patron:||Purple Dragon Knights|
|Free to Play:||No|
The Drow have captured a farm house on the outskirts of the King's Forest and are holding its inhabitants hostage. Go to the Midler Farmstead and see what can be done. The Farmstead lies just west of Eveningstar in the King's Forest.
- This is part of the The Darkening story arc. You must complete it, The Unquiet Graves, and The Lost Thread (in any order) to enable access to The Battle for Eveningstar.
- Talk to Priestess Vicala Szind
- (Optional) Save a hostage
- (Optional) Save more hostages
- (Optional) Save all the hostages
- (Optional) Defeat Warleader Speitar
- (Optional) Defeat the spider Akorstra
- (Optional) Save all hostages without being spotted by the Priestess
- Spell wards (fire)
Tips and Misc
- Vicala can only be slain after all prisoners have escaped or died.
- On Normal, with sufficient DPS, one may be able to slay the priestess before she drained the hostages in the room for health.
- Hirelings may attempt to rush the central room to attack the priestess if they had aggro on her before she flees the front room.
- Fleeing hostages spotted by the priestess will fail that optional objective, as well as causing a hostage to die and the priestess to gain her powerup.
- The Priestess will only appear on your map as a red box on Casual and Normal difficulties; on Hard and Elite you must rely on the "nearby sound" warnings, making the final optional (and the bonus chest) painstakingly difficult and irritating to attain, but not impossible.
- A patient player will determine the time it takes for the Priestess to leave and return to a specific point between rooms. That gives a kill-window for enemies and time to disable traps.
- The easiest hostages to rescue are in the upper room closest to the outer stairs as it takes the Priestess almost 2 minutes to complete a walk cycle, and these hostages will use the closest stairs to escape.
- Timing is most crucial for the last hostages in the upper rooms. They try to escape by the stairs closest to them, which puts them in the Priestess's path. Clear all enemies below that path first (this must be done to clear a path for the basement and main room hostages).
- If you are trying to complete the "without being spotted" optional, you'll need to time the Priestess's walk from where she passes by the upper room closest to the main inner stairs to where she stops and turns from the main outer stairs (where you walk up from the quest entrance). You'll have that much time to tell the hostages in the last upper to escape without getting zapped, as they will head down the inner stairway, through the inner hall and out to the door.
- Likewise, timing the Priestess's walk away from the basement and back should give ample time to tell the basement hostages to escape.
- Don't let any hireling, summons or party member get in the path of an escaping hostage! That might bug their escape and cause these optionals to fail as you cannot speak to them again to leave--and the Priestess will still sacrifice them.
- The Priestess walk pattern starts from the main inner hall, up the inner stairs to the outer stairs (where you start up near the quest entrance), then makes a repetitive walk from the outer stairs, down the inner stairs, down to the basement/cellar stairs and back upstairs. If she discovers you and you run back to the main outer hall, she closes the inner hall doors and returns to the pattern.
- She will not aggro on players in the upper rooms if they stay away from the doors.
- With Update 20, you cannot complete the hostage rescues once the priestess is slain.
- Devious bonus: 1 or fewer monster killed +7% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 35 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 4 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 5 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 6 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 8 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 10 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 12 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 4
- 1 for killing Speitar
- 1 for killing Akorstra
- 1 end chest
- 1 for completing the objective, "Save all hostages without being spotted by the Priestess" at end (can drop Commendations, Villagers being the most prevalent)
- Collectables: Two
- Cabinet in the south room on the upper floor
- Adventurer's Pack in the attic, in a corner beyond the dropdown
- NPC rewards: ML~20 items
Named Chest Drop
- Sacrificial Dagger - Dagger: 2[1d4], +6, , Random Enchantment (Constitution Poison, Virulent or Dexterity Poison, Virulent or Strength Poison, Virulent), , Life Stealing, Lesser Vampirism [ML:20,BtCoE]
|Speitar Dun'Robar (view)||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Vicala Szind (view)||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Drow Archer (view)||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Drow Warrior (view)||Elf||Drow Elf|