|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
Trial by Fury
|Requires access to adventure pack: Menace of the Underdark|
|Trial by Fury|
|Epic XP:||♣12,842 ♦16,589 ♥16,862 ♠17,126|
|Takes place in:||The Domain of Lord Grulemith|
|Quest acquired in:||Eveningstar|
|Patron:||Purple Dragon Knights|
|Free to Play:||No|
The War Wizard Walak tells you that Lolth has given an arcane Orb to Grulemith, one of her Demon Lords. This Orb is being used to capture and suppress the power of the Thread of the Weave, who is being held captive by Lolth's.
If this Orb were stolen, it would disrupt Lolth's schemes, and possibly help the Thread of the Weave escape. Go to the Domain of Lord Grulemith inside the Demonweb and obtain the Orb by any means necessary.
You may reach the Demonweb via Eveningstar Cavern.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Find and defeat Grulemith the Goristro
- Find the Golden Orb of Lolth behind Grulemith's Crucible
- (Optional) Defeat Shufarix in the Theatre of Pain (5% base XP)
- (Optional) Defeat Cixsir in the Domain of Suffering (5% base XP)
- (Optional) Defeat Tsirrik in the Eyrie of Terror (5% base XP)
- (Optional) Defeat Nilaphax, the Yugoloth Warden of Wisdom (2% base XP)
- (Optional) Defeat Maljuph, the Yugoloth Warden of Strength (2% base XP)
- (Optional) Trial of Wits: Get five Wisdom Jewels (5% base XP)
- (Optional) Trial of Might: Get five Strength Jewels (5% base XP)
- (Optional) Trial of Endurance: Get five Wisdom Jewels and five Strength Jewels (7% base XP)
- (Optional) Slay the Drider Guardian Cho'ahz (5% base XP)
- Appears twice, one near the 2nd set of shrines and then in The Nest of Corruption, spawns after killing all the spiders from the Fourth Trial of Might, no XP for this one.
Spell Wards that slow and do substantial acid damage, all can be disabled.
Tips and Misc
- Don't forget to talk to Grulemith at the start or the quest will not complete until you go back and talk to him. You can jump off the side at the end as a shortcut to get back if you forgot.
- Puzzles for the test of wits are exactly the same as 3x3 Shroud puzzles.
- Puzzle solver - http://ddosource.com/ddo-puzzle-solver/shroud-puzzle-solver/
- The fourth Trial of Might is much harder than any of the others, so be prepared.
- There are lots places that are not intuitive to reach, with a lot of potential extra chests.
- The bug preventing Cho'ahz's chest from unlocking has been fixed. It now unlocks correctly after you kill him.
- There is a bug with Cixsir's chest - it only appears after his allies are slain, and he triggers it to be unlocked. Thus if you kill him before you kill his allies, it can not be unlocked. So be sure to kill the other Yugoloth near him before you kill him.
- Tsirrik's chest is locked with DC 61 on Hard.
- Reasonably easy to solo on epic normal and hard, on any class. Though it can take quite some time and resources to figure out for first timers as it is a huge quest with many optional paths and wrong turns.
- Chest near the end is roughly below the steps that lead to the orb and has a DC of ~85 Lvl 20 and 20/4 Hireling Rogue will open it eventually if you can manage to get them to it. 20/4 Rogue succeeds within a few attempts by using a GH clicky on him and activating his "showtime" ability on his hotbar.
- Hirelings don't like the web bridges, and can freeze up and become completely useless until you can get them to teleport to your position.
- Aggression bonus: 117 monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 165 monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 3 traps disarmed +8% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 4 traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 13 breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 18 breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 27 breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest may not be possible.
- Chests: Seven
- One for completing (Optional) Defeat Shufarix in the Theatre of Pain
- One for completing (Optional) Defeat Cixsir in the Domain of Suffering
- One for completing (Optional) Defeat Tsirrik in the Eyrie of Terror (locked, requires high lockpick)
- One for completing (Optional) Slay the Drider Guardian Cho'ahz
- One for Slaying Drider Guardian Cho'ahz (again) after the Fourth Trial of Might
- One locked chest down below, hidden near the Drider-guarded bridge (locked, requires high lockpick, 81 opens EH; 80 not enough EN)
- One end chest for defeating Grulemith the Goristro.
- Each chest has a 25%/50%/100% (EN/EH/EE) chance of 1 random commendation dropping.
- Most of these can drop unbound +3 or +4 tomes, but only on Epic Hard and Epic Elite respectively.
- NPC rewards: List of 10 random items, Potion of Major Mnemonic, chance at +3 Tomes
- Hide of the Goristro - +6 Leather Armor: ( Ability +8 or Insightful Ability +3 (STR/DEX/CON?)), Toughness, Rough Hide +3, Melee Alacrity 10%, (Shatter +10 or Vertigo +10 or Stunning +10 or Tendon Slice 10%) [ML:22, Bound to Character on Equip] (Grulemith Chest, Bottom Chest)
- Planar Focus of Subterfuge - Trinket: ( Ability +8 or Insightful Ability +3), Planar Focus: Subterfuge Set Bonus [ML:22, Bound to Character on Equip] (Chest Loot: Grulemith Chest, Bottom Chest)
- Spidersilk Robes - Robe: ( Ability +8 or Insightful Ability +3), Armor Bonus +9, Potency +72, Wizardry IX, Resistance +6, Concentration +15, Toughness [ML:22] (Chest Loot: Shufarix, Cixir, Choazz and Tsirrik Chests)
- Stone Heart - +6 Docent: (Adamantine Body +21 / Mithral Body +10 / Composite Plating +4), ( Ability +8 or Insightful Ability +3), Resistance +6, Protection +6, Toughness [ML:22, Bound to Character on Equip] (Shufarix and Tsirrik Chests)
- Astral Harrowers
- Demonic Swarmhorde Spiders
- Demonweb Terrors
- Furious Renders
- Soulherd Driders
- Vicious Deathjump Spiders
- Yugoloth Mercenaries