Menace of the Underdark
Menace of the Underdark is an expansion for Dungeons and Dragons Online, released June 25, 2012.
- Update 14 Release Notes
- Update 14 Hotfix Release Notes
- Update 14 Patch 1 Release Notes
- Update 14 Patch 2 Release Notes
- Update 14 named items
- Story arc - flagging guide
Experience the classic fantasy and adventure of D&D's most imaginative and renowned setting. Arrive in the village of Eveningstar and adventure through the surrounding King's Forest wilderness area where the citizens of the nation of Cormyr must unite to face a new threat to the Realms.
The shadow of Lolth has cast darkness over the kingdom of Cormyr where heroes struggle to stem the unrelenting tide of the Drow forces. Descend into the Menace of the Underdark™.
The hopes of the Realms lie with champions from Eberron, whose world has become entangled in Lolth's schemes, bringing them to Faerun where they will make the final stand against the Queen of the Demonweb!
Brave the caverns of the Underdark
Come face to face with the Underdark Drow and Lolth, their Queen and goddess, as you explore this vast and twisted, subterranean world. Infiltrate the Drow stronghold of Sschindylryn - the city of portals - where Lolth's forces work to further her schemes.
Attain Epic levels to 25!
- Forge your own epic adventure and create a unique Epic hero with powerful character customization options as you advance beyond level 20 to epic level 25.
- Levels up to 25 will be available to everyone, even free to play players without purchasing the expansion.
- An alternate advancement system that players can use to advance their level 20+ character. The game will be separated into "heroic" advance (as now, except up to level 25) and "epic" destiny advancement, which will require players to run epic content to earn XP to spend on these special enhancements. They will be unlocked at level 20, but unlike regular "heroic" advancement, you can progress your epic destinies indefinitely - even after you hit the new level cap of 25.
- Epic Destinies are included with the expansion, and will later be available for separate purchase on the DDO store in Update 15.
Play the Druid Class
- Play as the all new shape-shifting Druid class! Wield nature's magic or transform into a powerful animal form with this classic D&D class. Free to VIPs.
Journey to the Forgotten Realms
- The core of Menace of the Underdark will be three epic-level (21-25) adventure packs—The King's Forest, The Underdark, and The Demonweb—each with its own explorable wilderness area and set of quests as well as the fully featured player city of Eveningstar.
Three Forgotten Realms Adventure Packs (now they are all in one Menace of the Underdark adventure pack) and one challenge pack will be available with expansion:
- The King's Forest - Explore deep into the King’s Forest and defend the village of Eveningstar from Lolth’s Drow legions!
- The Underdark - Venture down into the Underdark and confront Lolth’s elite followers in the Drow city of Sschindlyryn!
- The Demonweb - Journey to Lolth’s home plane in this Raid quest, battle demon hordes and confront the spider goddess herself as you attempt to stop her scheme!
- Eveningstar Challenge Pack - Will take place in the city of Eveningstar and presumably function similarly to the current Vaults of the Artificers challenge pack. Said to be for levels 15-25. Free to VIPs.
- Dire Bears
- Draegloths  - half-demon, half-drow
- More Dragons - with customizable, random features
- Dretches 
- Driders  - half-spider, half-drow
- Dryads 
- Goristros  - a minotaur on steroids
- Glabrezus demon
- More Hags
- Purple Worms 
Pre-order feature comparison
This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it:
Please introduce links to this page fromfor suggestions. (February 2016)
|Collectors Edition||Standard Edition||Base Edition|
|3 Forgotten Realms Adventure Packs||✔||✔||✔|
| Druid Class
(Free to VIPs)
|Eveningstar Challenge Pack
(Free to VIPs)
|Greater Tome of Learning||1 Free Tome per server||1 Free Tome per server|
|Lesser Tome of Learning||1 Free Tome per character forever||1 Free Tome per server|
|Greater Experience Elixir||1 Free potion per character forever||1 Free potion per character forever||1 Free potion per character forever|
|Turbine Points Included||2,000||1,000|
|Veteran Status-Level 7
(Unlockable via Favor)
|Veteran Status-Level 4
(Unlockable via Favor)
|DDO Epic Classics Adventure Pack Bundle||✔|
|DDO Classics Adventure Pack Bundle||✔||✔|
|Cosmetic Pet: Demonweb Spiderling||✔||✔||✔|
|Cosmetic Pet: Druid’s Wolf Pup||✔||✔|
|Cosmetic Pet: Onyx Panther Pup||✔|
|Spider Cult Mask cosmetic helmet||✔ (Elite Version)||✔ (Regular Version)|
|Figurine of Wondrous Power: Onyx Panther||✔|
|Stone of Experience (expires in August 2012)||5||3||2|
- The pre-order packages are no longer available for purchase. However, as of Update 15, all content not previously purchasable (but not the cosmetic items and panther) are available for purchase from the DDO Store.
- Check out the official pre-purchase page for more details: http://underdark.ddo.com/
- All items/pets are available to all of your characters except the Greater Tome of Learning.
- "One per server" Tomes - You only get said Tome of Learning on the first character you activate your ticket on per server. The Tome binds to character and cannot be transferred via account bank.
- "One per character forever" items - The Lesser Tome of Learning for Collectors Edition and the free XP potion for all Edition will apply to all of your characters on your account forever, including any created after the fact. Works much the same as the original DDO: Stormreach pre-order item did (Amulet of Natural Armor) in that it appears in your inventory automatically as soon as you create a new character.
- Some items may only be available if you pre-order:
- All the cosmetic pets, the cosmetic mask and the Onyx Panther
This article has not been added to any categories:
Please help out by adding categories to it so that it can be listed with similar articles. (February 2016)