The End of the Road
|Requires access to : The High Road of Shadows|
You've been asked to meet a Harper Agent in the Blooded Woods to discuss how to retrieve the remaining Nether Scroll pieces from the Netherese.
|The End of the Road|
|Takes place in:||The Blooded Wood|
|Bestowed by:||Olyn Araphyr|
|NPC contact:||Olyn Araphyr|
|Quest acquired in:||Eveningstar|
|Free to Play:||No|
The Harpers have learned that the Netherese have also found several of the Nether Scroll pieces. They want you to take those pieces back by force.
Take the High Road to the Blooded Wood and meet with the Harper agent there. He will give you further instructions.
- Fifth and final quest in the Netherese Legacy story arc.
- Speak with Girmond Dyle
- Retrieve the Nether Scroll piece from Granwell Keep
- Reduce the Netherese forces in the area - 25 minimum
- Slay the Demon Razagnol
- (Optional) Collect evidence of Netheril's plans - 4 total (10% of base XP)
- (Optional) Defeat Shadowpaw, the Umbral Worg (5% of base XP)
- (Optional) Defeat Miremere, the Mudman (5% of base XP)
- (Optional) Defeat Greenstalker, the Spider (5% of base XP)
- Three around the locked chest in the northeast
- Line of five across the road to the northwest (can be avoided by going further around to the NW, towards Shadowpaw.)
- Two more further to the south, across the east fork (can also be avoided by sticking to the south fork)
- Note that in both these cases, hires will *not* follow you off the cliff and will instead run back around through the traps, unless you leap off and summon them in mid air.
Tips and Misc
- Simply follow the path around, killing Netherese, until you reach the castle, then enter the outer walls and follow the catwalks until you can get into the inner keep. A couple of rares and pieces of evidence are on the grounds around the castle.
- Take sonic protection for the archers.
- Don't leap onto the spikes on the drawbridge, or in the inner keep. They're spiky and can thus cause some distress.
- With a high enough Jump, it's possible to get back up to the shrine (may need to get up on the door first).
- The two wizards in the center talk for a minute or so, giving you time to run around and get the breakables.
- At the end fight, Razagnol drops some Dretches from the sky, then, later, some Fire Reavers.
- He likes to cast Firewalls and Anti-Gravity, which may send you flying into the spikes. If you can fight in the cubby by the shrine, it will limit the damage he can cause with that. Unfortunately, this may cause him to start casting Necrotic Rays and Meteor Swarms instead.
- The Netherese Evidence are sparkling scrolls:
- The first piece is due west of the compound where you start, on some crates.
- The second piece is near a dead body just south of Shadowpaw, in the northwest.
- The third piece is near another dead body, guarded by some Yuan-Ti, east of the castle
- The fourth piece is on a stump west of the castle.
- Shadowpaw will appear in the northwest corner.
- Miremere may appear southeast of the castle, in the pond east of the drawbridge.
- Greenstalker may appear in the southwest corner of the map
- Discreet bonus: 45 or less monsters killed +5% Bonus.
- Aggression bonus: 123 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: ~163 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 199 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 5 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 7 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 8 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 34 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 45 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 55 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 3-5
- One on the NE corner (locked) (on DC - Casual: greater than 59. Normal: 75. Hard: greater than 73)
- One in the NW corner after defeating Shadowpaw, the Umbral Worg
- One in the SW corner after defeating Greenstalker, the Spider
- One to the east from the bridge (leading to the castle) after defeating Miremere, the Mudman
- Final chest, center of the map
- Collectables: 4
- Bones in the water east of the bridge across the swamp
- Adventurer's Pack on an outcropping in the pond north of the castle
- Adventurer's Pack on a tree stump east of the castle (near the piece of evidence)
- Cabinet along the northern wall of the castle (on the ground, under a ramp)
- NPC rewards: Standard, choose from 8.
Named Chest Drop
- ML16: (AB: 12, MDB: 10), , , †Random Spell Power 78, ,
- ML17: (AB: 13, MDB: 10), , , †Random Spell Power 84, ,
- ML18: (AB: 13, MDB: 10), , , †Random Spell Power 90, ,
- ML23: (AB: 17, MDB: 12), , , †Random Spell Power 108, ,
- ML24: (AB: 18, MDB: 12), , , †Random Spell Power 114, ,
- ML25: (AB: 18, MDB: 12), , , †Random Spell Power 120, ,
- †Random Spell Power: Combustion, Corrosion, Glaciation, Impulse, or Magnetism.
- Brush Creepers
- Fire Reavers
- Netherese Wizards
- Roving Wolves
- Sellsword Archers
- Sellsword Brutes
- Sellsword Footpads
- Sellsword Skirmishers
- Shadows (shadowfell)
- Summoned Shadows
- Umbral Gargoyles
- Umbral Rats
- Yuan-ti Abominations
- Yuan-ti Arcanists
- Yuan-ti Scouts