From DDO wiki
When Ana was revealed as the Thread of the Weave, the Goddess Lolth stole her into the Demonweb. Now is the time to rescue Ana - before Lolth consumes her and her vast magical powers.
Caught in the Web is the raid added in Update 14.
Elminster has determined that the time is right to free Ana from Lolth's grip. Go to Eveningstar Cavern and enter the "Caught in the Web" quest.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Find Ana Brabener
- Lead Ana out of the Demonweb
- (Optional) Help Ana destroy all four artifacts
- Do battle with Lolth's Spider form. Destroy the legs.
- Follow Ana Brabener
Tips and Misc
- Clear out the trash mobs and then talk to Ana. It helps if Ana's guardian is someone who is ranged dps trapmonkey.
- Tell Ana not to fight and then have her drain the orb. After the orb is drained move Ana's guardian to the island you were previously on. Ana's guardian will have to deal with spell wards spawning on that island.
- Melees move in on Lolth and begin beating on her. Arcanes and Divines can find a safe spot near a ridge to the left of Lolth to stay away from a majority of the beams.
- Leg Phase: You must slay around 8 legs, which upon death turn into Bebelith Souls. You can see where the leg is about to pop up if you look at the ground. Must focus on legs one at a time because if the leg doesn't die and goes back into the ground it fully heals itself. The safest strategy is to go Leg then Bebilith until all the legs are down.
- Lolth Returns. Beat her down again.
- Hand Appears: Someone self-sufficient, prefably immune to knockdown should kite this. It often bugs out on the 1st/2nd island so this mundane task can at least be done while AFK if you find a safe spot and it can't reach you.
- The hand is invulnerable (it can be damaged, but instantly regenerates if damaged much) can be Intimidated away from the party with a successful intimidate check. ( ●♦44 ●♥? ●♠?) Intim proof on Norm screenshot. If you lack intimidate, you can damage it via any untyped/force spell damage such as Blade Barrier. If you lack both spell casting and intimidate, you can use certain destiny abilities such as Orchid Blossom from Grandmaster or Wild Shots from Shiradi's.
- Retreat Phase: Begin by going west to where Ana's guardian was for the Lolth fight and start making your way through the Demonweb. Keep in mind that the trash spawns when Ana is on the island where they appear so keep Ana around the back of the group. Eventually you will run into a portal for one of the optionals.
- (Optional) Fight the Glabrezu, Malizoc the Heinous. When you step through the portal note the spikes on the ceiling as the Glabrezu will hit the party with Anti-Gravity. Have a person kite/kill the trash while the party beats onto the Glabrezu until it dies. When it dies bring Ana up to the orb so she begins draining it.
- Retreat Phase: Keep on travelling through the Demonweb until you eventually end up on an island that is filled with Drow Priests. One of the best ways to deal with this is to fight at the bottom of the island where the Exalted Driders spawn and let the priests slowly come to you.
- (Optional) Fight the Bebilith, Chelicera. Same set up as the Glabrezu fight except you will not be affected by Anti-Gravity this time.
- End Fight Phase: It consists of the last 3 islands.
- You stage on the 3rd to last island, park Ana's guardian into the little cubby on the right and place the rest of the party to the left, this keeps Lolth out of range. Have an Arcane or a Divine cover the ramp with AoEs to pull all trash and kill it on the staging island, while taking care of the spellwards that appear.
- Ana only has to move half way up the web to the 2nd to last island to start the trash spawns. Go up and come back down with Ana. Once the first wave of trash is down, move Ana to the orb and pull the trash down to the 3rd to last island and beat down.
- While fighting on the second-to-last island, only fight on the north side and this IMPORTANT, use the web as the dividing line between north and south. On the south end of the second-to-last platform is an EXALTED Necromancer; while he is alive there are very limited respawns, but once killedthe respawns occur every minute.
- Once the orb is destroyed move Ana to the last platform and defend her from there, while the rest of the party focus's on Lolth and handles the limited spawns from her. OnceLolth is down finish off left over trash before head to the southern section of the 2nd to last platform. Now take down what is in the southern section of the platform and any additional spawns that pop up.
- IMPORTANT note about killing Portal Keepers, kill them last. If one dies it will turn all the monsters around it into Portal Keepers as well. As soon as the last portal keeper dies, the barrier should drop and Ana's guardian will then have to tell her to go through it ASAP and follow her. As soon as Ana gets through that barrier the quest is basically done.
- Note: Do not block Ana's path after her dialogue with Lolth as it can break the quest and prevent you from getting your hard earned completion.
- Chests: 1-6 chests at completion.
- One chest guaranteed for completion
- Two chests for slaying the optional purple named Glabrezu raid boss near the optional additional artifact orb
- Two chests for slaying the optional purple named Bebelith raid boss near the optional additional artifact orb
- One chest if Ana's health is above 80% at the end
All weapons on this list are Bound to Character on Acquire, have 2.5 times the base damage, and ML 23. Many also have a better critical profile (Expanded threat or increased multiplier).
- Agony, the Knife in the Dark - +7 Dagger+7 Dagger: (2.50[2d4] 17-20/x2): A short, simple weapon with a pointed blade used for stabbing.: 2.5[2d4]. 17-20/x2 (Including KeenKeen: Doubles the critical range for piercing & slashing weapons), EntropicEntropic: An entropic weapon crackles with a sinister energy that seeks to unmake anything it contacts. When it strikes a target, they take an extra 2d6 untyped damage., HemorrhagingHemorrhaging: This weapon is viciously sharp and will do an additional 2d8 damage to targets that are vulnerable to bleeding., DisintegrationDisintegration: This weapon has a dark, insidious power deep within. Occasionally, this power lashes out violently at enemies and attempts to disintegrate them., Improved Deception
- Antipode, Fist of the Horizon - +7 Handwraps+7 Handwraps: (1d3(1d2 for Halflings)+7 20/x2): Handwraps enhance unarmed attacks. : AntipodalAntipodal: This weapon is a carefully balanced confluence of diametrically opposed planar energies. This weapon deals an extra 1d6 good damage to non-good enemies, an extra 1d6 evil damage to non-evil enemies, an extra 1d6 law damage to non-lawful enemies, and an extra 1d6 chaotic damage to non-chaotic enemies., Doublestrike 6%, Reinforced Fists, Stunning +10Stunning +10: Gives +10 to the DC of any Stunning Blow attempts made with that weapon. This weapon also has a 3% chance on-hit to make DC 33 fortitude check to stun the monster.
- Balizarde, Protector of the King - +7 Rapier+7 Rapier: (2.50[1d8] 15-20/x3): A long, thin sword with a fine point. Unlike other swords, this weapon lacks an edged blade, and can only be used for thrusting attacks.: 2.5[1d8], Increased Multiplier: 15-20x3 (Including KeenKeen: Doubles the critical range for piercing & slashing weapons), HemorrhagingHemorrhaging: This weapon is viciously sharp and will do an additional 2d8 damage to targets that are vulnerable to bleeding., Superior ParryingSuperior Parrying: +4 insight bonus to AC and saves, Dodge Bonus 4%, Good Luck +2Good Luck +2: This item gives a +2 Luck bonus to all saves and skill checks.
- Breach, The Dividing Blade - +7 Falchion+7 Falchion: (2.50[2d6] 18-20/x2): This large, curved sword is essentially a scimitar designed to be used with two hands.: 2.5[2d6], 18-20/x2, ShriekingShrieking: Shrieking weapons emit a piercing screech whenever they are used to make a succesful attack. This screech deals an additional 2d6 sonic damage., DisintegrationDisintegration: This weapon has a dark, insidious power deep within. Occasionally, this power lashes out violently at enemies and attempts to disintegrate them., Shatter +10, Doublestrike 6%Doublestrike 6%: This item grants a 6% chance to activate a doublestrike on your melee attacks.
- Celestia, Brightest Star of Day - +7 Shortsword+7 Shortsword: (2.50[1d10] 19-20/x2): The smallest of the swords, light enough to be used as an offhand weapon but too large to be considered a dagger.: 2.50[1d10] 19-20/x2, Light damage - Not Piercing, Supreme GoodSupreme Good: This weapon is infused with the ultimate power of good. It does an additional 3d6 damage to non-good targets and can only be wielded by good-aligned characters., RadianceRadiance: This weapon is imbued with a brilliant, radiant power that deals an additional 4d6 points of light damage and blinds the target on a successful critical hit., Greater SunburstGreater Sunburst: This weapon blazes with the eternal fury at the heart of the sun. Occasionally, this power comes to the surface, unleashing a nova of light which will blind the struck enemy, dealing severe light damage to it and any other nearby foes., Fiery DetonationFiery Detonation: This weapon is imbued with a fiery wrath. On an attack roll of 20 which is confirmed as a critical hit this burning power will be released, dealing damage to the target and all enemies near it for 15d6 fire damage. A successful Fortitude save (DC 39) reduces this by half.
- Cleaver, Hewer of Suffering - +7 Greataxe+7 Greataxe: (2.50[2d8] 20/x3): A big, heavy, double-bladed Axe wieldable only with two hands.: 2.50[2d8] 20/x3, HemorrhagingHemorrhaging: This weapon is viciously sharp and will do an additional 2d8 damage to targets that are vulnerable to bleeding., Limb Chopper, Improved Cursespewing, Doublestrike 6%Doublestrike 6%: This item grants a 6% chance to activate a doublestrike on your melee attacks.
- Mornh, Hammer of the Mountains - +7 Warhammer+7 Warhammer: (2.50[1d10] 19-20/x3): A large sledge with a heavy, square head. Popular among dwarves as an alternative to the axe.: 2.5[1d10], Expanded Threat: 19-20/x3, FracturingFracturing: This weapon is ideal for breaking bones and does 2d6 damage to targets that have skeletons or are made of bone., Magma SurgeMagma Surge: This weapon stores the immeasurable heat of the planet's molten mantle. When this weapon is used, superheated magma occasionally surges to the surface, slowing an enemy down and inflicting massive fire damage over time., Stunning +10Stunning +10: Gives +10 to the DC of any Stunning Blow attempts made with that weapon. This weapon also has a 3% chance on-hit to make DC 33 fortitude check to stun the monster., Seeker +10Seeker +10: A +10 Seeker item will add +10 to your confirm critical roll and +10 to your critical damage.(Before multipliers are applied), Adamantine
- Needle, Quill-slinger - +7 Repeating light crossbow+7 Repeating light crossbow: (2.50[1d12] 19-20/x3): A complex weapon consisting of a light crossbow and a clip for bolts that is loaded by pulling a lever., 2.5[1d12], Increased Multiplier: 19-20/x3, Ranged Alacrity 20%, HemorrhagingHemorrhaging: This weapon is viciously sharp and will do an additional 2d8 damage to targets that are vulnerable to bleeding., Attack Bonus +4Attack Bonus +4: Provides a +4 competence bonus to your attack rolls.
- Nightmare, the Fallen Moon - +7 Bastard sword+7 Bastard sword: 2.50[1d12] 17-20/x2: Also known as a hand-and-a-half sword, and the largest of the single-handed swords, this weapon requires special training to use.: 2.50[1d12] 17-20/x2 (Including KeenKeen: Doubles the critical range for piercing & slashing weapons), EntropicEntropic: An entropic weapon crackles with a sinister energy that seeks to unmake anything it contacts. When it strikes a target, they take an extra 2d6 untyped damage., Life Stealing, Vampirism, NightmaresNightmares: This weapon terrorizes your foes, applying a mind thrust effect on successful hits (dealing 5d8 force damage, will vs. enchantments negates) and exposing your foes to their greatest fears on vorpal hits, acting as a Phantasmal Killer spell.
- Pinion, Cloud-piercer - +7 Longbow+7 Longbow: (2.50[2d6] 19-20/x3): A large, curved, wooden bow, often nearly as tall as a human. This weapon is popular among elves and rangers.: 2.5[2d6], Expanded Threat: 19-20x3, Ranged Alacrity 20%, ShriekingShrieking: Shrieking weapons emit a piercing screech whenever they are used to make a succesful attack. This screech deals an additional 2d6 sonic damage., Seeker +10Seeker +10: A +10 Seeker item will add +10 to your confirm critical roll and +10 to your critical damage.(Before multipliers are applied)
- Sireth, Spear of the Sky - +7 Quarterstaff+7 Quarterstaff: (2.50[1d10] 18-20/x2): A long, stout staff used as a simple weapon. Often favored by wizards or common folk.: 2.5[1d10], Double Expanded Threat: 18-20/x2 and Slashing/Piercing damage - not bludgeoning, Supreme GoodSupreme Good: This weapon is infused with the ultimate power of good. It does an additional 3d6 damage to non-good targets and can only be wielded by good-aligned characters., Lightning StrikeLightning Strike: This weapon stores the power of a volatile thunderstorm deep within. Occasionally, this dynamic power comes to the surface, devastating enemies with a massive lightning strike., CloudburstCloudburst: Every hit from this weapon has a chance to trigger a Cloudburst, striking its target with lightning and dealing sonic damage to surrounding enemies through a powerful thunderclap., Freedom of Movement, Feather FallingFeather Falling: This item is engraved with feathers and bestows a powerful magical effect. Whenever the wearer begins to fall from any height, this effect slows the decent dramatically, causing the wearer to fall like a feather.
- Tinah, Sword of the Sea - +7 Longsword+7 Longsword: (2.50[1d10] 19-20/x2): A classic straight-bladed sword usable in one hand. This weapon is commonly associated with knighthood and valor.: 2.50[1d10] 19-20/x2, Supreme GoodSupreme Good: This weapon is infused with the ultimate power of good. It does an additional 3d6 damage to non-good targets and can only be wielded by good-aligned characters., Crushing WaveCrushing Wave: This weapon stores the unstoppable force of the oceans fury deep within. When this weapon is used this power occasionally comes to the surface, crushing enemies beneath a torrent of frigid water., Freezing Ice, Greater Dragon BaneGreater Dragon Bane: A bane weapon excels at attacking one type or subtype of creature. Against Dragons, this weapon's effective enhancement bonus is +4 better than it's normal enhancement bonus. It deals an extra 3d6 points of damage against the foe., Underwater Action
- Twilight, Element of Magic - +7 Quarterstaff+7 Quarterstaff: (2.50[1d8] 20/x2): A long, stout staff used as a simple weapon. Often favored by wizards or common folk.: 2.50[1d8] 20/x2, Spellcasting Implement +21Spellcasting Implement +21:Provides a +21 Implement bonus to wearer's universal Spell Power., Potency +80Potency +80: Provides a +80 Equipment bonus to wearer's Universal Spell Power., Impulse +120Impulse +120: Provides a +120 Equipment bonus to wearer's Force, Untyped, Slashing, Piercing, and Bludgeoning Spell Power., Major Evocation FocusMajor Evocation Focus: Your Evocation spells have the DC to resist them increased by +3., Major Enchantment FocusMajor Enchantment Focus: Your Enchantment spells have the DC to resist them increased by +3., Arcane Augmentation IX Arcane Augmentation IX: Increases the wearer's caster level when casting ninth level or lower sorcerer or wizard spells by two., Greater Arcane LoreGreater Arcane Lore: Your Universal spells gain additional 9% chance to make critical hits and their critical multiplier increase by 0.25x
- Commendation of Heroism (15%/30%/100% on N/H/E in the two non-boss chests , low drop rate in the other 4 optional boss chests)
Note: All of the above relic weapons can have the Planar Conflux property added to them by acquiring 375 Purple Dragon Knights favor and 3 Commendation of Heroism and speaking to Mikrom Sum, the Purple Dragon Knights favor vendor in Eveningstar. This allows them to become a part of any of the three Planar Focus Sets
Patch and closure history
The raid was temporarily unavailable as of its launch due to player complaints about the beta version.
|Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun
|This is a result of beta feedback, not any new problems found with the raid.The raid's being delayed to make it more fun.
With Update 14 Patch 1, it was open for the 1st time on live. However, a couple days after, it went unavailable again and didn't become available until Patch 2. This is suspected due to raid timer being broken.
Update 14 Patch 2 Release Notes
- Removed an entrance to Caught in the Web from the Demonweb explorer area. Players should use the entrance in the Eveningstar Cavern to access the raid.
- The raid timer now operates properly.
- Fixed several issues with portal keepers that could cause the raid to break.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Lolth from moving to a new phase of the raid when she was damaged too quickly.
- Ana will now respawn at the altar within 15 seconds of becoming lost in the Demonweb.
- Fixed several stuck spots.
- Lolth's leg now has a proper focus orb.
- Lolth has a slightly different look.
- The end portal barrier is now much better about staying down once Ana escapes.
Update 15 Release Notes
- Fixed the goddess of chaos. Again.
- Ana is now immune to slippery surfaces and will not fall off the bridge near the loot area of the raid.
- Lolth no longer tries to spawn monsters on falling players.
- Portal Keepers will no longer try to hide out in the void of the Demonweb.
- Ana no longer tries to follow unreachable people to her doom
- Lolth's hand now moves more erratically - however the goddess of Chaos gets bored easily and the hand may leave quickly.