|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
Beyond the Rift
What lies inside the strange Rift that is tearing away at Eberron? You are determined to find out.
|Beyond the Rift|
|Heroic XP:||♣3,795 ♦6,866 ♥7,137 ♠7,408|
|Epic XP:||♣14,910 ♦20,330 ♥20,736 ♠21,142|
|Takes place in:||The Rift Between Worlds|
|NPC contact:||Tavnar Kronnak|
|Quest acquired in:||The Spinner's Prison|
|Patron:||The Silver Flame|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
The Gatekeeper Tavnar Kronnak has asked you to investigate the Rift that has appeared inside the Spinner's Prison. Go inside the Rift Between Worlds and report back on what you find.
To access this quest normally you must complete the Web of Chaos story arc (the quests The Lords of Dust followed by Servants of the Overlord followed by The Spinner of Shadows). Completing this quest enables travel to Eveningstar in the Forgotten Realms.
Characters owning a Key to the City - Eveningstar from their previous lives can access The Spinner's Prison area from the Eveningstar side. They can take Beyond the Rift and bypass the first three quests. These characters can successfully flag for the raid, however, they cannot enter the Spinner's Prison from Harbor, i.e., they cannot walk into Forgotten Realms, they must always use the Key to the City.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Follow Elminster
- Find a way to Eveningstar
- Leave the Demonweb
- Defeat the draegloth
- Reach the surface
- Conquer the Drow outpost
- Defeat the Drow
- Free the captives
- Speak to Ana Brabener
- (Optional) Defeat Ozebaw the Unwholesome (15% of base XP)
- (Optional) Defeat the Demonweb Terror (15% of base XP)
Spellwards (none on Epic Casual)
Tips and Misc
- Despite its appearance, this quest is fairly linear.
- The quest will end as soon as you speak to Ana.
- Talk to Elminster in Eveningstar to receive your reward.
- Ozebaw may (not guaranteed) appear in one of two spots (marked as chests) on the Demonweb map:
- on the third (southwest) island.
- on the fourth (east of start) island.
- The Demonweb Terror (Mother-of-Thousands) may (not guaranteed) appear in one of several spots within the drow map area:
- The room east of the first shrine.
- The room north of the first shrine, to the northwest.
- In the second section of the drow area, in the room to the far east.
- Tamper bonus: 5 traps disarmed +8% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 7 traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 8 traps disarmed +15% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 31 breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 41 breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 50 breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Note that the numbers required change when you enter the second part of the quest (the drow area); the listed numbers reflect these latter requirements.
- Chests: 5
- 1 for slaying Dretch Ozebaw
- 1 for slaying Draegloth Giismekhan
- 1 for slaying Spider Mother-of-Thousands
- 1 for slaying Drow Wizard Tsabyrr
- 1 for slaying Ydrae (end chest)
- NPC rewards:
- Animated Armor
- Astral Harrowers - Spiders
- Deathjump Spiders
- Demonweb Terrors - Spiders
- Drow Archers
- Drow Warriors
- Earth Elementals
- Swarmhorde Spiders
- Websnare Spiders
- Giismekhan <Favored Draegloth> - Orange-named draegloth; epic CR 23/?/?
- Master Wizard Tsabyrr - Named drow wizard; epic CR 23/?/?
- Mother-of-Thousands <Ancient Terror> - Optional red-named spider rare; epic CR 24/?/?
- Ozebaw the Unwholesome <Dretch Brute> - Optional red-named dretch rare; epic CR 24/?/?
- Ydrae Avithoul - Red-named drow; end boss. Epic CR 24/?/?