The Mask of Deception
Back to the Cultist Safehouse with ye - and bring me that White Dragon mask!
|The Mask of Deception|
|Takes place in:||Cult Safehouse|
|Bestowed by:||Hamish Graymoor|
|NPC contact:||Hamish Graymoor|
|Quest acquired in:||Eveningstar|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
The Harpers are worried about what the new leadership of the Cult of the Dragon is after.
They've asked you masquerade as a Cult member using one of their confiscated masks. You are to infiltrate the Cult Safehouse in Eveningstar and learn its secrets.
- Get the White Dragon Mask and escape into the woods with your party
- Gain access to the cult of the Dragon compound
- Defeat Archwizard Ca'thul
- (Optional) Neutralize the Cultists in the bar Heroic: +5% Bonus. / Epic: +5% Bonus.
- 100,000 pp needed
- (Optional) Disrupt the supplies Heroic: +5% Bonus. / Epic: +5% Bonus.
- (Optional) Poison the Feast Heroic: +5% Bonus. / Epic: +5% Bonus.
- Wilderness Lore required
- Traps activate once you grab the mask. They can be disabled in advance.
- The trap control panels for Heroic Elite have rather high Search value for the level of the quest; Search DC: 52. They are located in the two small supply rooms with breakables (one locked) on the top floor of the main building.
Tips and Misc
- In the forest there are 2 cultists at the bonfire, they drop wearable cultist masks (Dragon Masks) when killed. Party members with masks on can enter the stronghold without a fight. Masks for the rest of the party can be found in the keep (see below).
Note: You must WEAR the mask in your head slot in order to fool the cultists.
- Do not attack anyone but the two first cultists in the woods to be able to do the Optionals.
- For the 'Disrupt the supplies' optional you need to tell the Arms Master (in central building) that attackers are coming. Then quickly follow the Cult of the Dragon Initiate he dispatches after the dialogue; she'll run across the courtyard and open the door to the Supply room for a brief period. To complete the optional you need to kill the kneeling cultist and then use the key you get for doing so to lock the open chest beside her. Killing the cultists in this room will NOT alert the rest of the compound.
- This supply room also has a chest with four more masks, which can be looted for other party members to wear.
- The Arms Master you talk to for the 'Disrupt the supplies' optional also has additional optional dialogues (not mandatory) allowing skills checks (Bluff, Diplomacy or Intimidate) to convince him to open the doors of the main building. Heroic Normal Diplomacy: 37 failed. Bluff: 65 works on Heroic Hard. Heroic Elite failed a Bluff on a result of 68, failed with a Diplomacy of 66, and succeeded with Diplomacy of 88. On Epic Hard, a roll of 102 Failed the Diplomacy check. However, if you have a skills check failure with the optional dialogue; it results in the alarm being raised and causes all the monsters in the quest to become hostile. Failure text; "With as little cunning as a Kobold, you have given yourself away as an imposter". [Bluff option might be currently bugged on some settings and wrongly using Intimidate as the check].
- To complete the bar optional just talk to the bartender. You can Haggle to reduce the cost and try the skill check as many times as you wish. On Heroic Normal a roll of 34 failed; 37 succeed. For Heroic Elite the Haggle needed is 44; Haggle of 43 fails, 44 succeeds. On Epic Hard a roll of 74 fails.
- To complete the Poison the Feast optional just click on the ham. If you have the Wilderness Lore feat you will automatically succeed. Otherwise, nothing happens.
- Turn off auras, like Aura of purification, if you want to do the optionals. You also need to dismiss pets; they might attack mobs before it's necessary.
- All party members need to enter the basement and gather near the mask in order to progress the quest. However, only one party member needs to stay behind to pick up the mask. The rest of the party members can return to the courtyard after gathering around the mask (So they can avoid the blade traps if no one is able to disable them). Archwizard Ca'thul and his goons spawn in the courtyard once the mask is picked up by a party member.
- There is a Dimensional Anchor effect inside the main building that disallows the usage of Dimension Door.
- Aggression bonus: 63 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 83 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 100 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 1 or more trap disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 25 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 32 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 40 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- NPC rewards:
Named Chest Drop
All items are.
- Blazing Sun - Orb - ML 18 - , , , , ,
- Epic Blazing Sun - Orb - ML 26 - , , , , ,
- Mythic Blazing Sun - Orb - ML 26 - , , , , , ,